1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is GARBAGE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JLPITCO, Feb 20, 2015.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Jones isn't quite there yet, but he's close. He's just barely missing some of these hook shots and layups….stuff he would've hit earlier in the season.

Still played well overall. 9 rebounds, 4 blocks.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

In favor of whom? Terry's been even worse over the last couple months. We just traded away Canaan and Shved. So is Pepperoni gonna get heavy minutes at PG? Or is McHale gonna start going with a no-PG lineup like he did in the 4th quarter at Detroit?

Anyone know what the draft prospects look like at the PG position this year? In particular around the 13th pick? Maybe the Rockets should just hang onto the NOP pick and just draft the best PG available. That's a lot less expensive than the 20+ mil/yr Dragic would've wanted.

3. Exiled

Exiled Member

Never thought I would be excited about Prigioni but I am now..

I just wish DM can use his magic and trade McHale to the 76ers too

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

Last 10 games:

30% FG (27/90)

24% 3 FG (14/58)

At this point, we need to seriously consider bringing up Johnson.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Strong comeback attempt in fourth, but not enough. Patrick Beverley (1-7 FG) sat out the final 15-16 minutes of this game.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/568984691090436096">February 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Why? It wouldn't be any better. Dudes like Beverley, Nick Johnson, Isaiah Canaan, etc., those are just backups at best. They're not dudes you want starting, much less at the most stacked position in the league.

Morey just ignored the PG position. It's on him that it's gotten this bad. Not much else to say.

1 person likes this.
  7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Sad for PatBev. He used to be our gamechanger.

But what happened to his defense? I can live with bad offense but bad defense TOO!?

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Injuries catching up or still present plus delusions of grandeur on offense would be my guess.

9. eman

eman Contributing Member

Hoping for plenty of Prig tomorrow night.

10. carib

carib Member

As some body posted in another thread, it may sound crazy but I would let Kpap play point on occasion because he is crafty with the ball.

Kind of like what the Bulls did with Ron Harper during their championship run in the 90's.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

K-Papa can't shoot yet, so that will be a very bad idea.

12. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

Beverley is GARBAGE indeed!!!!

13. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Well the facade has worn off. What many of us saw from when he first got here is becoming more and more clear. Pat Bev was NEVER starter material in this league. Making him a starter only set this team back 2 years.

That's why I wanted him traded at the deadline. I wouldn't have cared if we brought in two backup PGS, like DJ Augustine and Jarrett Jack. Or even Reggie Jackson or even Nate Robinson. Anyone that is a threat to do ANYTHING on the court.

I'm sorry to say it, but Bev to me is not even a good 2nd string PG for this team IF we want to win the Championship.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

I don't disagree, but at least with Johnson, you've got great athleticism and some decent D. We are getting nothing from Bev right now. If you're going to play someone that can't shoot, I'd rather go with Johnson.

15. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

So with the available point guards at the trade deadline we get what exactly? Bev was never supposed to be the starter, he just played better than Lin(tells you how good Lin was). The suns traded two point guards and we stood pat so we could have future flexibility for a shot at signing Durant. How many guards were traded this year?
    I really don't think that Morey believes Howard is going to be ready for the playoffs.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

But he couldn't execute them if we did. He has no ballhandling skills and very limited court vision. He's pretty much a severely undersized 2 guard who hustles super hard to make up for limited defensive IQ.

17. JLPITCO

JLPITCO Member

I cant wait forcthe rockets to pick lin back up this summer... play him as a starter. and rockets go deep in the playoffs or even finals.. im loving patrick beverley being exposed.. i am not a lin only fan... all i know is that.. lin, triple double on kyrie irving for the win, lin big part of all wins against the world champion spurs, lin big part of wins against portland in regular season and playoffs, lin... will have his 2nd chance.. harden will recruit him back.. cant wait for the fans to see how beverley was an entire waist of time!!!!

18. JLPITCO

JLPITCO Member

Exactly

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

How about Lin killer turnover after turnover in the POR series last year?

Nah, we gotta think of getting better players.

20. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

Agree.:)