1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley Injury [Update] Partial torn muscle, out 10-14 days

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Oct 30, 2013.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Quite possibly just trolling.

2. ILoveWhiteGirls

Don't respond, just ignore it.

3. langal

langal Contributing Member

Would wait a few games at the very least. I don't think Bev is why the offense was sluggish.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

YOF leftovers.:)

5. tada

tada Member

Bev played terrible yesterday before he got hurt. Hopefully, it's due to first time starter jitters more than anything. Hopefully, he will be 100% healthy next game. If not, he should take it easy.
    I still think he should be coming off the bench. As he becomes starter, other teams will scout him and better plan for his game. He lacked play making ability and his PnR defense is not good.

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He had 5 points 1 assist and 1 rebound in 10 minutes. He got beat a couple of times off the dribble by Kemba but that was about it.

7. tada

tada Member

Yeah, with two turnovers, hesitating/passing to shoot open threes, getting burn by Kemba Walker, lack of offense flow, etc.

It was terrible game by his standard... He gave up 10pts to Kemba Walker! His game is to play d, no turnover, and shoot open threes. Did he do any of that yesterday? Don't think so.

8. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

The whole team looked terrible early on at least . Not a great game to judge this team by.

9. tada

tada Member

I agree and we should give it couple more tries. However, McHale needs to adjust faster when other team spreads the floor with spread power forward. Also, we can't use Twin Towers against Mavs. If we do, you'll see Dirk going GOAT on us by having a field day in threes. Howard cannot guard spread four period.

10. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

He just need McRib and he'll be fine!

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He gave 10 points in 10 minutes to walker?. Are you sure about that?

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why are you here? Clearly intelligence isn't a requirement, because when it comes to intelligence, you fail.

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Aaron Brooks? Is that you?

14. hltiki

hltiki Member

It was probly both lin and bev. But I think walker did get 10 in 10 min. He had 8 points when I began watching, whcih was about 7-8 minutes into the first.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I like ribs, and I can't race. :confused:

16. tada

tada Member

OK, I just checked and it's not 10pts. It's actually 6pts directly against Bev. My bad. But my opinion still stands.

17. WaitForIt

WaitForIt Member

As a starting unit, I have to give them poor marks for the game (or first 10 minutes, but that's all we have with that unit). No flow at all, bad Harden isos before he was even injured, and Howard bad post ups. Everyone should agree it was not very good. I'm going game by game with an open mind, so we'll see on Friday (if Beverley plays/starts).

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

We need Beverley. Brooks was terrible out there. A complete liability on the defensive end.

19. trock

trock Member

He did not play terribly yesterday. That's nonsense. He was actually fine. The offense looking ugly isn't his fault considering he doesn't have the ball in his hands. I think he will be burned by some PG because his aggressive, over playing defense can be exploited by some players. He'll learn.

20. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

He played only 10 minutes, and he didn't struggle in the 1st qtr, the entire team did. Harden and Howard were playing like they were drunk in the first qtr. So get that haterade out of here.