1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley Highlights vs. Mavericks 1/16/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2013.

1. dragonz

dragonz Member

Not.... hilarious, plz go look the definition of hilarious on google translation.

2. TTNN

TTNN Member

Well, TD is pretty natural doing that, it actually helped him, so i wouldn't say TD sacrificed his game. Jeremy definitely struggled. Was better after that knicks game, but getting worse in recent games. (still better than before though), I think it is not that easy to find that balance.

Sometimes I do feel unfair to Jeremy, where both Morey and McHale kept saying that we are not anticipate him to repeat Linsanity, yet every one is expect him get that status, but not allow him to play his brand of game.

However, though most Rox fan site don't acknowledge that, other people still can see this. I read this in Clipper's fan site clip nation, and it is in their pre-game article before Rockets vs. Clipper game.

However, though it is hard, this situation force Lin to be better. I still think Lin could fit with Harden, but our coaches have to help them.....

3. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

TTNN, Great job. You must have spent many hours translating this for the convience of our members here. Thank you.

There is an Official Fire McHale Thread on this forum. I suggest that you post the link and your translation there to serve as concrete evidence what a poor job McHale has been doing and why he should bear the majority of responsibility for our losing streak.

4. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Totally agreed.

5. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Actually I thought it was pretty funny.

6. teebone21

teebone21 Member

better ball handling than lin and douglas and he is quicker than both. Good looking jumphot also and in limited minutes he is getting guys very open shots yet they bricking them. I hope he gets some play tonight and does something that forces mchale to place him in regular rotation.

7. teebone21

teebone21 Member

lin and harden were well rested last game with 2 days off and we lost because neither one of them can shoot a jumper. I expect to see some 2-3 zones coming soon by opposing teams to make them take outside shots. This will be our downfall. 2 backcourt players that both rely on forcing shots in the paint

8. alethios

alethios Member

My nickname for PB => BevMo

9. alethios

alethios Member

I lol'ed when the announcer said he was the best player in the world (presumably because he's been playing all over the world).

10. pnr

pnr Member

Lol at the Chinese website commentary. That is spot on. I noticed he became invisible when Harden came into the game.

11. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I see a ceiling of Darren Collison for some reason.

12. TTNN

TTNN Member

I think Clutch said the exact same thing somewhere too. :grin: Maybe it is the strategy in Rox, not Lin specific.....

13. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I hope so.

14. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

The better Patrick plays the better Morey looks!! MOREY 2013 GM OF YEAR

15. nbafever

nbafever Member

16. nbafever

nbafever Member

Forgot to mention that the article said Beverley's American coach in Ukraine Bob Donnewald trained him to make all kinds of reads when driving into the lane.

Hopefully McHale utilizes that, not ask him to poat himself at the 3pt line.

On practice days, Beverley shot for two hours every morning, then lifted and practiced again in the evening. He drilled footwork and decision-making, knowing full well that would determine his NBA destiny.

"We broke down every possible drive the kid would make at any angle, and the reads for that," Donewald said. "Is it going to be a drop-off at the basket? Should it be a pull-up? Should it be a kick to the far corner? Everything imaginable in terms of NBA spacing and reads, we drilled it."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-06-23/news/0906220752_1_nba-destiny-nba-draft-ukrainian

17. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

What a way to develop a young talent huh....I'm glad he's learning quickly. :grin: :grin:

The funniest thing ever. Thanks for sharing.

18. Caris

Caris Member

I had a good laugh. Thank you for sharing! :grin: