1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley Highlights vs. Mavericks 1/16/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2013.

1. w00t

w00t Member

6.75 m (22 ft 1.75 in)

2. pnr

pnr Member

He also shot 34% in the D-League. I really like him though and really hope he and Dougie can contribute to spell Lin and Harden.

3. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

You can be negative all you want, but there is nothing wrong with Rockets fans getting excited about a new player. I suspect you are bitter because Beverley may take minutes or some of the limelight away from your boy Jeremy Lin. Please remember, everyone jumped on the Linsanity bandwagon and got very excited last year after Lin played very few minutes. As a Rocket fan I hope Beverley becomes the next star to come out of nowhere, and I hope Lin can find some of that magic he had in New York.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great debut . Lots of confidence out there

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

And I never said you can't be excited about a player but you can still be realistic. In the extremely small sample I have seen of Beverly he reminds of a slightly better version of Tony Douglas & his defense wasn't what I would have liked it to be. I am not going to write him off because the sample is to small (need to see a lot more) but I also won't crown him the king of anything (just a saying). I apologize if my pragmatism dampens your fanaticism.

Oh and by the way this was me yesterday at 6:10 pm. I posted this even before the game even started in a different thread. But feel free to believe what you want to believe.

1 person likes this.
  6. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Agreed. The Rockets need a 4 guard rotation like the Clippers. Not a 3 guard rotation.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If he can contribute consistently, then great!

8. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I like that he can give us some valuable rotation minutes, so that Lin came in 4th quarter rested with a good performance to follow.

Harden and Lin played heavy minutes in recent hectic schedule, and that's the biggest reason we lost consecutive games. I don't expect Mchale to get it though, becuase he's all about going hard every minute nonstop. Last season he played lowry heavy minutes until he worn out, and then he rode the fresh Dragic for another run before Dragic was tired in the final stretch of collapse.

We need deep rotation for the run and gun style, or you just can't consistently do that over a season.

9. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Everyone jumped on The Linsanity bandwagon cuz he came in and led his team to losing team to wins while averaging 28 and 8 in his first 10 starts not a couple of minutes of decent basketball. Don't downplay Lin cuz you don't like him. I'm also excited cuz he clearly seems to have the penetrate and dish mindset/ability of a pg that TD doesn't have and we may have a backup pg finally that can create but it's not certain yet. I hope he proves his worth.

1 person likes this.
  10. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

It'd be nice to see Beverley get some minutes with Harden and Lin to get some minutes with Douglas and Greg Smith. I still think Douglas is a valuable rotational player, it's just that for some godforsaken reason every coach seems to think that because he's 6'0 he has to be the PG on offense...

11. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

Fantastic feedback. The Rockets need depth and Beverley is indeed a revelation - so far from what we've seen. I love his speed and athleticism, and also his character. With Harden, Lin, Beverley and Douglas we have serious playmaking depth. Now we need to figure out the PF position.

12. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Looking forward to seeing all our young guys develop.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin fans getting their panties in a bunch. The fact is that Lin is average. No problem with HOUSTON fans hoping for an upgrade at PG, even at the end of the bench.

14. alcatrazpsycho

Patrick Swaggerly!

15. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

The one this i always worry about with players who play hard is that if they will keep up the intesity with increased mins. A lot of the times, bench players who get spot minutes will go all out to prove something to the coaches or get more minutes. However, if they do get an increase in minutes sometime they cannot keep up the intesity because they get tired.

Asik is doing very well with his minutes increase. If Beverley can maintian his hustle/intesity when given guarunteed or extended minutes, we have a steal.

On another note, it would be cool to see a lineup with douglas and beverley both in to give our starters a rest and just play hound dog defence to throw off the other team.

1 person likes this.
  16. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I like your thinking my friend.

Mr. D

17. Rocket Booster

That isn't accurate.

http://www.eurobasket.com/team.asp?Cntry=Russia&Team=392&Page=3

Russian League (6 games): 10-31 3 PT 32.3%

VTB United League (8 games): 9-33 3 PT 27.3 %

Eurocup (6 games): 15-30 3 PT 50%

Total (20 games): 34-94 36.2%

18. TTNN

TTNN Member

Saw this in a chinese website, it is too hilarious to not translate over.
    http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2105705327

===================

HOU vs. DAL

1st Quarter:

03:13 DAL 22-15, Rox trailing by 7
    Lin on bench as usual, Harden with 2 PF, got 1 TO, need to be sub out.

Beverley: coach, my turn?
    mchale: go back to bench you rookie. hmm, let's see what TD can do by himself.

Harden Substitution replaced by Morris

Rox O become chaos, Delfino consecutive 3 TOs, till the end of the 1st Q, TD got the only 3 for Rox score board.

end Q1: DAL: 29-18 Rox trailing by 11

2nd Quarter

06:41 DAL 39-24, Rox trailing by 15

TD was sub out 2min ago, Harden is cold as ice, need to be sub out.

Beverley: coach, my turn?
    mchale: go back to bench you rookie. hmm, let's see what Jeremy can do by himself.

Harden Substitution replaced by Delfino

Lin missed layup, but got his own rebound and assist Parsons for 3.

05:56 DAL 41-27 Rox trailing by 14

Lin Traveling.

McHale: Another TO? Jeremy, bench you go! O-o, all 3 guards are benched, uh, Beverley, your turn.

Beverley: yeah! I'm in the rotation!

Lin Substitution replaced by Beverley

With ball in Beverley's hand, all kinds of screens and p&r, Beverley go beast mode. Within 3min, Beverley got 1 board, 2 assist and 3 points. (Rox players like neat score board record :) )

Beverley: This is easy, Beversanity here I come!

02:45 DAL 45-39 Rox trailing by 6 only

McHale: Good time for Harden to ride the wave, James, you go, and earn me that 20 pts today!

Parsons Substitution replaced by Harden

ball and screens all go Harden's way......

Beverley: Jeremy, now I see your struggle....

end of Q2: DAL 52-44 Rox trailing by 8

3rd Quarter

Both Harden and Lin on court fighting.

04:56 DAL 69-64 Rox trailing by 5

mchale: Jeremy is tired, need a rest. Beverley, you go.

Beverley: yes sir! I will try my best to push the tempo

McHale: no no no, you go spot up at that corner.

Lin Substitution replaced by Beverley, and Beverley spot up for the next consecutive 6 possessions, and watched Rox's O going on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

02:25 DAL 72-69 Rox trailing by only 3.
    Thanks for Harden doing all his normal Harden stuff to fill up the gap. But he picked up his 4th personal foul.

McHale: Harden 4 pf, you go to bench and have a rest.
    Beverley: Yeah, now Harden off the court, I can get the ball?;)
    McHale no, you just need to bring the ball up, dump to Parsons or Delfino, and you go spot up at that corner

end of Q3: DAL 80-73, Rox trailing by 7.

4th Quarter

Beverley: i know, I know, I will spot up that corner:(

And he did!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

09:55 DAL 85-77 Rox trailing by 8

Beverley Substitution replaced by Lin

Jeremy: Good job Patrick!

Beverley: Jeremy, that corner is all yours, take good care of it!

Jeremy: heck, screw that corner, I'm going to play my brand of basketball! We've lost 4 already. :mad:

We all know what happened next.

2 people like this.
  19. dragonz

dragonz Member

he reminds me Lou Williams

20. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

LOL! Amazing. That Chinese website knows the game better than most American sites and has pinpointed a problem no American/Rockets site would ever admit. Lin and TD have sacrificed their own offense to play alongside Harden and I imagine the same will eventually happen to Beverley.

I can't begin to count the number of times I've seen Harden with the ball in his hands refusing to pass to an open TD behind the 3-point line.