1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley Highlights vs. Mavericks 1/16/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2013.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the video, Clutch.

Definitely looks much better than Machado. I was wondering why he didn't get even MORE minutes in that Mavs game, since he provided a real spark and didn't seem to make any mistakes at all.

LOL...love Bull! "Best player ever!"

2. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

He played pretty good, but he didn't make no mistake, he committed a stupid foul towards the end of the quarter and gave away free throws then missed a few rotations, one of which led to a wide open Dirk 3.

3. nbafever

nbafever Member

Geez, how many minutes has he played in the NBA?

He's a pro. Because he came in barely knowing the guys and made things happen and played under control. Just for his backstory, I liked him already. Liking him more and more if he gives us solid minutes.

His pesky defense reminds me of Dragic.

4. rokit

rokit Member

then why the hell did he bench lin? he definitely had a little bit of momentum going on in the 2nd quarter.

5. CCM721

CCM721 Member

When Lin was taken out he hadn't made a shot in 3 and a half minutes, and he had missed and traveled on consecutive possessions. If that constitutes momentum in your mind then this team is in trouble.

6. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

The kid does look good. Better than Machado for sure, more natural PG than TD and goes left better than Lin.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I like how he can get into the paint. He's obviously not the best scorer from there, but it at least shows he can get by his man and make the defense collapse. For a "rookie" that is something to be impressed with.

He's like a young Aaron Brooks right now. Once he stops shooting 100% from the field I think we'll not be so high on him, but it's good to see that the Rockets found a decent player seemingly out of nowhere.

#47 Haymitch, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We got ourselves a keeper.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Beverley reminds me a lot of AB but with better defence, no?

10. rokit

rokit Member

lin made two layups before harden started kinda forcing things and missed 5 shots in those 3 and a half minutes, also lin missed a layup and got his own rebound and assisted parsons for a 3 pointer just before he got subed.

you don't bench a player if he's getting to the rim with ease 'cause you need a spark... they should've let him play without harden a bit more.

11. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Beverly looked like the best point guard on the roaster with the limited time he was giving... McHale was just blowing smoke with that "We'll See" crap...

I got news for you McHale... WE'LL SEE if you still have your job at the end of the season.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I did not see the travel either.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Then he doesn't remind you at all of AB who played none.

14. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

In Beverley we must all trust

15. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Look again, definitely a travel under the new rules, started his first step before putting the ball on the floor.

16. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Best part about Beverly is that he pick up the slack left behind when Courtney Lee left as a Rocket who wears Jordan's. Beverly had on the Chicago Bulls colorway 10's last night.

[​IMG]

17. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

18. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

What travel?

Beverley is a masterstroke of a signing. Fast, athletic and solid skills. Very early but shows great signs. Awesome addition to the team and makes the roster a strong man deeper.

19. rokit

rokit Member

thanks man... i was wondering if he was wearing them 10's.

Don't forget about jeffries and martin tho.

20. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Jeffries always wore nice J's. Martin if I remember did not wear the retros of the originals as much as he wore newer non Michael Jordan worn Jordan's. But Lee always rocked the retro J's. The ones that Beverley wore came out last year and Lee wore them alot, along with the black III's I believe.