1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley has the highest PER in the NBA... :D

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jan 16, 2013.

1. jocar

jocar Member

Patrick
    [​IMG]

There can be only one.

2. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

The people taking this thread seriously need their head examined. We're on a 5 game losing streak, let us have some fun!! BEVERLEY THRILLS BABY

3. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]
    picture fail

4. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Yep... Exactly...

5. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

I don't think McHale's bright enough to go with a 4 guard rotation like the Clippers.

Chris Paul
    Jamal Crawford
    Eric Bledsoe
    Willie Green or Chauncey Billups

=

Jeremy Lin
    James Harden
    Patrick Beverley
    Toney Douglas

6. zdrav

zdrav Member

Nooo! Keep TD. I've grown to like him a lot this season. Can't do much besides hit 3s, miss lay-ups, and dribble pointlessly, but he's an excellent shooter.

7. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

TD made two driving layups in traffic against the Clippers and has been driving more and converting inside recently. Against Milwaukee, TD scored on drive after drive, but his specialty is perimeter shooting (41% 3-point) and he can play both guard positions. Nice guy who fits alongside Lin, Harden or Beverley in a backcourt.

PPM is higher than Lin's.
    A/TO ratio is better than Harden's.

8. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Beverley does not have the highest PER in the NBA.

Daniel Orton does.

9. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

I feel for Toney, he has played really well this season and he's always really positive and happy for the other players.

I noticed when Lin goes to the bench if he is sucking, he just has his head down and doesn't pay that much attention to how his team mates are doing and doesn't always applaud his team mates's good play.

I think Morey is gearing up to trade Toney and one of the bigs, that why the standard rotation has gone out of the window.

That said, PB is a good player and if he makes Lin play a bit more selfish I think it will benefit Lin's game.

10. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Really liked what I saw from Beverley last night, but like Lin he's going to have to learn how to be effective while sharing the court with Harden. He was great when he was out there with Lin and Harden on the bench, but as soon as Harden came back he became invisible offensively. Really excited to see what he can do with extended minutes and a couple more practices with the team.

And I don't think Beverley getting a spot in the rotation means Douglas is on his way out. If anything, we just expanded our guard rotation so Lin and Harden can get more rest instead of logging 35+ minutes on back to backs. As many have said, given our pace there's no way our guys will last if McHale keeps playing a 8-9 man rotation.

11. ERC

ERC Member

Don't forget those entertaining buzzer-beaters!! ;)