1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley has earned the starting job

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LelWestbrick, May 3, 2013.

1. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Beverley is exactly the kind of player you want off the bench. Hustle, energy, D and goes all out for 20 minutes a night. He looked gassed by game 6. Lin can run the offense with more poise.

1 person likes this.
  2. Camaro ZL1

Camaro ZL1 Member

As a PG Beverly had 1 assist in game 5 and ZERO in game 6. Is this really a PG you want on our team?

IMO we want a team player and NOT a personal gain.

3. dxdx

dxdx Member

but not for getting to the play-offs.

4. gate470

gate470 Rookie

That's even worse than I thought.

5. Rocket Booster

For the 100th time....Llull is a SHOOTING guard.

6. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Hey kneejerkers.

Bev had 0 assists and 8 points in 35min. He definitely did not prove he's our starting PG.

I thought he played with energy though. BWAAAHAHAHA!

Actually, I really like Bev but you guys are ridiculous. SMFH

1 person likes this.
  7. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Not even close.

8. Windchime

Windchime Member

Um. no. I don't care if it's Lin or someone else (if Lin gets traded), but I still think Bev is better suited to play backup. Too foul prone and needs better court vision. Her could be a really really good 6th man though.

9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

The Rockets offense without Lin orchestrate the offense has very low assists...that's one thing i notice in the series and that's because Beverley and Brook don't really know how to create shots for others. It's been proven in the regular season. So basically the Rockets rely on a lot of jumpshots to beat OKCA by just passing the ball around outside the arc. Sure they are on rhyme but without someone to run the offense, it's harder to play imo.

10. Rocket_Man_2.0

Harden is the main reason we got to the playoffs. :p This team without him=Phoenix Suns!:p

11. Rox23

Rox23 Member

There was a span of games late this season--I think it was about 4 games, where Bev didn't score a single point...remember that? All over those games he threw in meanwhile only a couple of assists, well below the average assist/minute of an NBA point guard. This series his offensive number were across the board (with the exception of rebounding) below the average numbers of a starting NBA pg: assists, shooting percentage, trips to the line, fouls...everything except rebounding.

Meanwhile Lin is top 10 in league in steals. Jlin averages close to 15 ppg. Lin on any given day can score 20 points, even 30 points per game. By consensus of most experts, Lin is the second-best overall player on the Rockets. On any given day Lin also can give you 10 assists and/or 4 steals. Lin gets to the line MUCH MORE OFTEN than Beverley. Bev is a great rebounding pg, but Lin also is an above average rebounding pg.

Anyone who says Bev is better than Lin is not looking at the stats. Also Lin is a better playmaker and passer which makes the other players better and Harden's job easier. When Bev is out there with Harden, Harden has to do EVERYTHING. Bev is in fact not a true pg because he doesn't set anybody up! He either goes one on one or passes off to Harden behind the three point arc.

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Lin has better court vision and it's true PG, Beverley is not a PG and doesn't assist...that's why the Rockets have low assists in this series. They always have high assists during the regular season...but without Lin, they had to rely on passing the ball around outside the arc more.

13. kanariya

kanariya Member

I like Bev as our backup for some energy spark.

But he doesn't run the offense well and he doesn't make his teammates better.

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Are most guys here 15 years old or younger? Lin and bev are both staying and Lin is starting. He had a solid season, got better as the season went by. Also, people seem to think he's not compatible with harden; in a way yes by I don't see any pg compatible with harden and the fact that Lin doesn't complain and they try and make it work is a huge plus going forward.

15. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

LOL knee jerk, so much hate

16. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

b-but...your logic...stats....no! lin sucks. :p

17. langal

langal Contributing Member

Bev has earned a spot on the roster. I woudn't annoint a starter either way. Let them compete for t in camp.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

thank god the coaching staff/morey isnt as kneejerk as cfs

19. RocketFever

RocketFever Member

Thank you for being reasonable...Lin is a better overall talent than PBev, but PBev is a slightly better fit with Harden on the floor...let them duke it out in training camp. Even if Lin is demoted, he'll play at least 25 mins a game anyways, and will probably have much higher efficiency stats, which then Morey could use to trade him. His Per 36 stats would likely be all-star caliber if he's shifted in a 6th man role.

20. langal

langal Contributing Member

Lin is the "starter" going into next year. But he is nowhere good enough where he is unbenchable. Lin fans should accept that. No shame in being in a Jarret Jack role either.