1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley has a torn meniscus (UPDATE: Will not require surgery, expected to return)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by loveofthegame44, Mar 28, 2014.

1. makio9

makio9 Member

This thread should be closed to avoid confusion. This is about his old injury, not the current one.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

well yao lakers and dike portland. just trying to convey we had no centers against Lakes.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I think the bigger issue is our PG depth. I don't think Lin will be that bad. Now Canaan... I hope the rook isn't a Luther Head esque choker.

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

of all the matchups, portland works well for Lin, Lillard and Williams just aren't good enough defensively to apply that pressure that seems to get to Lin.

I'd rather not think about that....

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The problem is Canaan isn't even on the PlayOff roster. Lin and Bev are the best combo with breaks for either Harden or Parsons due to Lin being a combo guard that can guard 2 and sometimes the 3 as well. This just sux anyway you look at it..

6. N/A

N/A Member

maybe Bev shouldn't have been so eager to come back so soon...last thing you want is another Rose situation.

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

except rose wasn't eager to come back at all.

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Canaan just isn't NBA ready yet. Lin is great but Lin and Bev at full strength are a combo that can really rock things.

9. Rockness

Rockness Member

If I were Beverley, I would be furious at my team mates for not trying harder, especially Harden. This guy can damage his body any minute yet he plays, physical, goes for rebounds and hustles. Then you have Harden, Howard also at times, who has got his pay check and figures he can just coast through a game and think it's okay. If Beverley does not come back, I don't mind not getting out of the 1st round so Harden maybe will learn what it takes to be a leader.

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I love him man, but that's a wrap for this year. Mind over matter only to a certain, Mchale perfect example of it. Wonder if this opens up the spot for Troy Daniels? I know he's not a natural point but neither is Beverley, lol.

11. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Ughhhh just got home from the ER and I see these updates. Was bad enough being at the game, now I feel like **** physically and emotionally.

Get well p bev, you're a warrior but at some point it's better for you and the team to take a seat and get healthy. Even though you at 35% play better defense than any of our other perimeter players...

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Canaan is on the playoff roster. Quit saying that. Everyone knows Lin and Bev work well together. And losing Bev hurts but Canaan does bring more instant offense to the floor.

Also I was wrong. If Lin plays like he did last night he will be fine starting. You just lose Harden's backup but maybe it's time for some troy Daniels.

13. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Get well Bev.

I think even without Bev we can still beat them.
    If H and H step up, we are pretty much in this.
    Lin on Lillard won't be pretty but not much of a drop off. It's not like Bev can stop Lillard either. The thing we will be missing most would be the Lin/Bev line up which serves us well all along.

14. kastuul

kastuul Member

Sad to say, even Bev. can play, his aggressive won't be the same.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

1. Patman is cleared to play
    2. Lillian is not going to hit crazy clutch shots all the time
    3. If we dble LMA, pts will come from somewhere else - but they are not going to dominate like LMA.
    4. stop being so negative-nancy-like.

16. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Did I miss something. Bev is cleared to play and is fine... that was the latest report right. Its like last year's finals with Lin's injury... if he says he can play and he can't it hurts the team and the player should be blasted (and medical and coaching staff) for letting him play when he's not ready.

Otherwise, as far as I see it. Play and I expect you to play hard and do a hell of a lot better job than you did on Lillard in game 1.