1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley has a torn meniscus (UPDATE: Will not require surgery, expected to return)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by loveofthegame44, Mar 28, 2014.

1. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Wow that really sucks for Beverley. Hopefully it's nothing serious, it always sucks to see guys who give it their all 100% of the time get hurt.

Lin and Caanan need to step up now.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Hindsight is 20/20, but at the same time, this isn't the end of the world. Lin is going to have to step up his defense tremendously, and I guess it's gonna be time for Canaan to grow up really quickly. I just hate the timing of this.

3. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Also, I didn't watch the game last night. What happened?

4. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

This is when Canaan will show the world. Calling it now.

Linsanity 2.0? Maybe?

6. rocketsmetalspd

Lin will do fine on the Offensive side of the court, it is his D that needs to step up.

7. Breaker

Breaker Member

[youtube]uu-N-_b3wRo[/youtube]

8. torocan

torocan Member

Different kind of player. A guy like MWP can get the meniscus snipped and the impact on him is minimal since he was already late in his career.

For a guy like Beverley, the option to repair the meniscus is often the best option. Beverley relies a ton on lateral quickness, so removing part of the meniscus will potentially shorten his career.

IF Beverley chooses to repair the meniscus vs trimming the meniscus, I highly doubt he'll be back for the play offs.

Really tough break for the Rockets and Beverley. I guess we're about to find out how "ready" Canaan is...

9. Play07

Play07 Member

LOL !!!!!

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I have a feeling we'll be seeing Harden run the point at key times in the playoffs.

11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

That was lateral meniscus, this I'm assuming is the medial meniscus which is a quicker recovery. I just talked to a friend who is a pro sports athletic trainer and he said it is about a 6 week recovery, which could get him back in the 2nd round.

12. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

What is this "second round" that you are referring to??? :confused:

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Beverley only play 31 minutes a game.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Damn, I'm scouring this thread looking for a positive "blessing in disguise" type post.

Anyone?

15. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Prediction:

Bev returns to the Rockets when we make the Western Conference, stares Russell Westbrook in the eye and lets him know that only punk a** bit**** miss playoff games because of a torn meniscus -- and then the Rockets win the title....

Actually, my real prediction: Rockets lose in the 2nd round to the Spurs in an only marginally competitive series because they lack toughness that Beverley would have provided. AAAAAARGH. What play did this happen on !?!?!?! The man had the flu. Why was he on the court against the sorry a** Sixers!?!?!
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Czmb6tEwFE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. acjeitherocket

FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Breaker

Breaker Member

FML

just in time for the playoffs too :eek:

18. yummyhawtsauce

big loss...needed him for playoff intensity. he brings a lot of energy that this team lacks at times.

maybe he can come back in time for playoffs?

all the pressure will be on lin now to perform reasonably. get ready for more raging and lof/loh battles

19. ChippedToothLin

Are you ****in kidding me ****

20. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Canaan will show the world he's at Lebron's level