1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley has a torn meniscus (UPDATE: Will not require surgery, expected to return)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by loveofthegame44, Mar 28, 2014.

1. yummyhawtsauce

lol where and when did Lin say he was trying to recapture Linsanity? Article please.

2. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

He's done it last season, so I don't see why not. The more important question is if Canaan is ready to step up.

3. bongman

bongman Member

You understand that you just implied that Beverly did something bad in the past? Most likely, you are referring to the Westbrook incident which most people agree was NOT malicious. Durant, Scotty brooks, harden and most NBA analyst agree with that and yet people like you keep bringing it up as though this was true.

4. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

There is no time for everything. This is the internet and everything is for fun. I support the Rockets for fun. It's entertainment. It's a sad lost that Beverley is injured but all of a sudden we can be our normal selves?

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

If Lin can play defense like he did against Tony Parker on Christmas day, he'll be fine.

7. sutton

sutton Member

Thanks,

In these 11 games when Lin starts, rockets went 7-4; 3 losses to OKC and LAC, which most people think are the worst match up for Rockets.

Rockets 3-8 at games when Lin was benched (2 losses to LAC).

8. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

I think more than anything, we'll miss the tone Bev sets at the start of the game that gets us off on the right foot. Am I necessarily convinced his defense is any better than Lins. Not exactly. Lin has a pretty substantial edge in nearly all advanced stats including defensively to some extent but I think he is more effective watching how hard Bev plays and then adding that to his game once he comes in. We'll see if he's reached a turning point in his aggressive mentality and can just bring it immediately every game. I know LOF's are gonna point out his superior W/L as a starter but that was a small sample and I guarentee you come playoff time, we will miss the energy Bev brings to the court.

9. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

No, you're misinterpreting his original post. It has nothing to do with what happened to westbrook in the past.

He was stating how during Lin's slump in February-March, there were some extreme posters on this board who wanted Lin to be injured so that Canaan would get minutes. It was in one of the threads about Canaan getting playing time over Lin. He is saying that is karma for those posters wishing ill on Lin. Still the post leaves a very poor taste...

10. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

No I didn't say Karam found Beverley. I said Karma found the Haters that "wanted" Lin to be injured so that Canaan can replace him. Only that this time it happened a very wicked way. But I do understand where you are coming from and I would never have said that.

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

So long good defense from the PG position.

Time for Lin/Canaan to step it up. Wish we still had AB

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Nobody said that stop making up crap and stirring the pot. Just move on.

It goes back to the original point of not bringing up stupid stuff like that in the first place.

13. redglare92

redglare92 Member

Fair enough. I'm a Jeremy Lin fan. I'd be happy to see him to rise to the occasion and be more aggressive, if not recapture his Linsanity glory. I notice that we do better when he does take charge like a strong point guard should. I'm pulling for him and the team to overcome this potential deficit they have with the indefinite absence of Beverly.

His defense isn't all that bad, he gets his hand in passing lanes and has had a number of blocks. If he could take a page from Bev's book and be more of a presence 1v1, like you stated, that would be all we can ask for. That and less turnovers.

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Thanks for the clarification, everybody should just move on now.

15. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

Thank you! Someone actually read and comprehended by post and not let their feelings block out everything.

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

There was this article a lot of LOFs were out with pitchforks about last year.

It had to with with a quote from McHale saying that--Lin shouldn't always go for the homerun play--"Jeremy we're trying to win." It absolutely makes sense now while watching Beverly, who is a less talented player. For Lin, playing conservative and smart would be the best choice. He can be gripping the desert sand harder, as it will only cause it spill out more.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I am not as worried about this as I am about Canaan being our only other actual PG. Canaan is a poor defender and hasn't shown the ability to score against the scrubs of the NBA when he played during garbage time. That said, the sample size of his PT is small so I am more than willing to wait an see.

18. Fantasma Negro

AB's defense was worse than hardens. But Jesus this is depressing. Nine games before the playoffs and we lose our toughest player. Maybe we can get him back if we win the second round

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Time to step up Jeremy Lin!

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Step up or step aside.