1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley cleared to return for Monday's game against Portland

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jan 18, 2014.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Exactly what level is Jeremy Lin playin at? I must've missed something:rolleyes:

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Record with out Beverly 10 wins and 6 losses .625 winning percentage
    Record with Beverly 16 wins and 9 losses .640 winning percentage

Having laid that out there I don't think we can take anything away by looking at the winning percentage. There have been so many mitigating circumstances such as injuries and line-up changes that it's not like there roles were just switched. In fairness to Jeremy, since Beverly has been out the Bench has almost been nonexistent. Of course Beverly had to deal with Lin being out for an extended amount of time as well plus he had to deal with the Twin Towers failure as well (Jeremy had to deal with 3 games of that as well).

So yes the team has a better winning record with Beverly but the surrounding cast of players and the situations have not been the same.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Good post, I agree.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This.

Bev's toughness and never give up attitude is severely understated by some members. He is not a guy who will fill up a stat sheet nor will he ever, since his talent is limited but he more than compensates that with tremendous hustle, a quality that we used to have.

5. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Stoked to see him back

Unfortunately he had a right hand injury, so his J might still be off

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

7. rocketblood713

we need someone on the court who aint scared

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Really glad to have PBev back! Is he a much better defender than Lin? No, but I do believe he is better or at least more disruptive. Is he a better scorer than Lin? No, but now Lin can return to terrorizing opposing secondaries and hopefully spell Harden minutes provided McHale learns from his mistakes. Is he a better shooter than Lin? Normally no, but at this point in time all our shooters suck so I will take a gamble on his shot. Hopefully this shows people that 1) AB is NOT the answer at PG and 2) PBev is incredibly important to our team.

1 person likes this.
  9. afk

afk Member

Can't wait. We'll finally be at near full strength since October.

10. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

The funny thing is if you count those games that Bev "START", instead of play, then those numbers would be reversed.

11. chandlerbang21

Best on ball defender returning! If only he was 5 inches taller he would be even more versatile on defense

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

I'm scared of Harden repeatedly leaving Wesley Matthews open for three. I hope we see Lin and Beverley on the court at the same time.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I almost missed his rebounding more than his on-ball defense. I know there's a camp that thinks your PG shouldn't be worried about rebounding, but 2nd/3rd/4th opportunities have been killing us. Nobody seems interested in hustling for the board.

14. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Glad he's back, but a lot of people are forgetting that Beverly has sucked this year. Lin has played better by far.

15. omgTHEpotential

16. texansalltheway

Great news, he brings a level of toughness that no one else brings, he plays hard on every single play.

17. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Now we need Asik back, and that's a much better team. Particularly on defense, and just in general for depth purposes.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Cant wait to see him starting and Lin spark the bench with his offense.

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

Under ground level:(

1 person likes this.
  20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Weird. McHale said he's (Bev) meeting with doctors monday morning and go from there?

did i hear that right lol