1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Mahomes, the savior.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Braddock just finished Kizer:

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#122 zeeshan2, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For sure the best way to turn a team around is by drafting a QB from a 4 win college team that couldn't even complete 60% of his passes his final year. He won't have to face powerhouse teams like North Carolina State once he gets to the NFL so he'll be fine.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Shallow analysis. College wins don't matter, or else you'd be saying draft Tebow since he wins.

Fulgore likes this.
  5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Nobody knows if this guy will be a good NFL QB or not. It's always a guessing game with QB's. Last year Goff was the number one pick and Dak Prescott was a 4th rounder. I remember there were plenty of reasons why Prescott was nothing more than a long term project. Just a guessing game.

J.R. likes this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He had no team. That Texas Tech team was garbage. The only reason people talked about them was because of Mahomes. You put him behind a real Oline and watch the magic unfold.

7. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Where can I find more of these?

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Wow this is terrific. Thanks. I remember some guy did these last year and I couldn't remember his name. 2014 NUgap from reddit put them together. Wish we had some stuff like this, it's really telling.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I realize that wins don't necessarily matter but performance does and that's why I mentioned the North Carolina State game where he had a bad game against a scrub team. At some point though I guess you can just make excuses for all of his shortcomings and assume that he'd just be awesome in the NFL if you really want to. I would expect someone will do that.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://draftanalyst.com/hello-mobile

I’m hearing differing opinions on two underclassmen quarterbacks available for April’s draft.

Since the NFLPA game, I’ve been told scouts have cooled on Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer. The combination of poor progression and questionable film from 2016 as well as character questions has raised red flags.

I’m told the quarterback most intriguing to scouts the most is Patrick Mahomes of Texas Tech. His arm strength, general accuracy and upside has many believing he could jump into the second round if he throws and interviews well during the combine, Pro Day and individual workouts.

Confirming my report from January 7th, quarterback Seth Russell of Baylor is on hand and will participate in the workout then interview throughout the week.​

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The only criticism I hear on Mahomes is him having bad mechanics. Bad footwork. But he gets the pass there. We're talking about the nations leading passer.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  13. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mahomes has an elongated delivery and a Matt Schaub arm.
    I'm steering clear of all known QB in this draft.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

And 0 accuracy issues.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Matt Schab arm? He has a strong and accurate arm. He can throw the deep ball far better than Schaub ever could.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Schaub had a pretty decent arm early on.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The second you said he had a Matt Schaub arm was the second you lost all credibility.

18. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's fine. If you want to continue down the road of mediocre QBs by all means, draft em.
    I'm from Lubbock...huge TTU fan. Watched every game...
    Mahomes will not make it as a starting NFL QB.

19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Fair point. But what I've heard about Mahomes through some people at Tech, he's extreamily coachable and a very quick learner. I think he'll be ready to go after sitting for 1 season.

Not trying to pretend to be an insider, I just know some people that work in Tech administration and that's what they have heard and told me.

20. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Mahomes would immediately have a top 3 arm in the NFL the day he gets drafted.
    If you don't like him that's fine, but he has an exceptional arm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.