1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Bev trash talking Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HouStu_Rocket, Jan 29, 2015.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Stuff like this happens a lot in the NBA, Harden was just getting Bev to calm down so he wouldn't get a T.

No hard feelings between the two obviously as evidenced after the game, they just want to beat each other.

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I don't know what this has to do with Lin. You're getting mad cause some Rockets fans are criticizing Bev's game that you have no choice but to hag on Lin for some sort of comfort.

Just because Lin has been sucking, doesn't mean Bev is playing particularly well.

It's okay though. Beverley will get back to where he was defensively last year

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

reading 101:

t what he has in common with Gary and Vernon is they all will get in your face and play defense

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I honestly think Dorsey could be smarter than you.

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I love what Bev did... I think there was some locker room issues with Parsons. Howard's statement after the playoffs about agenda's and such, then the fact that none of the players seemed phased by losing Parsons. He obviously thought he should've been a star with us and wanted more looks, probably was pretty vocal about it. Bev ain't havin any of that, get in the Rockets way and Bevs got a problem with you, I love it!

6. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Certainly makes more money than him

7. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

I'd hate to see yall's reactions if we had Vernon Maxwell still playing or even a young Kevin McHale. Yall would faint. Dude, you're out there trying to play basketball and win a game, not play with dolls and pet puppies.

8. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

This is one of the most idiotic things ever posted.

9. Cranberry_Juice

What if I told you that those players in your example had real skills? Skills that can translate to not being a liability on offense. Skills that show that they can be counted on to make a shot. Skills not just "passion" , that highlight that they have true defensive skills. Skills that justify them being rated highly on this board. Would your mind blow?

10. HookemHorns1250

Trash talking is part of the game, and I love the aspect of trying to get into your opponents mind.

That being said, to trash talk after you made your "Second" field goal, to a guy who was on fire that game.....not that smart. Now if Smith or someone would have said something, that would have made a 'bit more sense.

Oh well, still love Bev, and love his bulldog mentality.

11. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

What if I told you that Bev has real skills also? Maybe not to the caliber of Mad Max or McHale, but in terms of being "real", they have helped this team get to the best record we've had in years. To add to this liability that you speak of on offense, we won the game, did we not? Additionally, passion is apart of the game, is it not? The same passion that so many you claimed Dwight didn't have or this team didn't even have for years. To further invalidate the mute point your are trying to make, Bev's mantra is defense and dirty work. Trash talking and objectifying the focus of your opponent isn't directly related to offense either bruh. But if you wanna play that card too, over the last 3 games, Bev is averaging 9.7 pts, 5 rebounds, and 3 assists.

12. Cranberry_Juice

Do you mean on 2-9, 3-10,5-13 shooting bruh?

Why use McHale and Mad Max as pedestals then use a disclaimer bruh?

If defense and dirty work is his mantra, why is he getting run all over the court bruh?

13. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

........It could be worse. We could have Rondo. O.O

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Parsons is so sensitive LOL

15. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

Not disclaiming any of the points I made above. I'm stating that all of the points that you are attempting to make can be refuted in relation to offense. When we got Bev, he wasn't meant to be the offensive savior of this team. That's not his role. His role is defense, rebounding, and being a pest, steals....dirty work. And 5-13 isn't surprising. That's 38%.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

How may pgs this year scored more than their average when they played against pbev?

17. Cranberry_Juice

Cmon man, stop being lazy. If you want to prove me wrong then do your own research.

As for pooleboy, my gripe with pat is if you are playing like a scrub then there is no point In talking smack. Use that "passion" instead on playing better.His huffing and puffing could have cost us a tech and with the game being close it could have been devastating.