1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Bev on the trade block?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 18, 2017.

1. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Please don't ever compare Monta to PB, PB plays the right way. I get that we have upgrade our talent and it will take some of our core pieces. PB played hard every night. I believe Houston is similar to Memphis. The fans love the grit and grind type of players. Harden is too LA cool, I still love JH's game but his personality doesn't fit with the city. PB absolutely fits with what Houston is about.

HTX Ninja, BigMaloe, Tha_Dude and 4 others like this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i never understood the uber intense fan love for bev. some games he gives you hustle plays, but then a lot of games he just disappears. his offense is mechanical at best and his man defense is highly overrated. unless he's willing to come off the bench, i'd trade his billy ocean lookin ass without hesitation.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Better be pulling in a big fish if they're dangling Bev.

JD88 likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

the people that are blaming Harden sound so f*cking dumb...the lack of critical thinking by some posters is pretty alarming

Killatron 2000, BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

She must have a big booty.

6. King901

King901 Member

I'm sure his little contract will get us a big fish

7. R=$

R=$ Member

Houston Rockets Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -19.7 ppg, -3.0 rpg, and -7.4 apg.
    Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Kevin Love
    28 year old, 6-10, 251 lb FC from UCLA
    19.0 ppg, 11.1 rpg, 1.9 apg in 31.4 minutes in 2016-2017
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Trevor Ariza
    31 year old, 6-8, 215 lb SF from UCLA
    11.7 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 2.2 apg in 34.7 minutes in 2016-2017
    [​IMG] Lou Williams
    30 year old, 6-1, 175 lb G from South Gwinnett High School (Georgia)
    17.5 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 3.0 apg in 24.6 minutes in 2016-2017
    [​IMG] Patrick Beverley
    28 year old, 6-1, 185 lb PG from Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk (Ukraine)
    9.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 4.2 apg in 30.7 minutes in 2016-2017

8. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

No.... maybe it Humble's Hero?... jimmy Butler??

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

"Playing the game the right way" is bullsh*t.

There is no "right" way to play the game. There are different styles of play that can be more or less effective depending on their context.

"Playing the game the right way" is what commentators on tv say about 16 seeds in the NCAA tournament to fill airspace before they get blown out by the 1 seed that is evidently playing the game incorrectly:rolleyes:

All that "heart" "grit" sh*t is overrated.

You want role players that will play hard and know their role, sure, but having a star rather than a role player is preferable every time.

MystikArkitect likes this.
  10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It's weird how fans respond to underdogs who improbably made the NBA through grit and determination and play really hard every game.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wish bro, I wish

"It's becoming clearer by the minute that the smoke surrounding Jimmy Butler is looking more like truth and not just conjecture as the NBA Draft approaches.

The Bulls routinely say they'll take phone calls from teams about Butler's availability around this time and at the trade deadline but this time around, multiple sources tell CSNChicago.com the Bulls are doing more than listening: they're shopping Butler to many teams.

It appears the Bulls have made the decision to try to jumpstart their rebuilding process and see what the best offer is for Butler as opposed to just gauging his value.

The Boston Celtics have always been fond of Butler and have the assets the Bulls in theory would be attracted to in terms of multiple draft picks and affordable contracts on the current roster. The Cleveland Cavaliers seemed to be on the Bulls' doorstep before abruptly ending their partnership with GM David Griffin Monday evening.

On the surface they would appear to be the favorites as the Phoenix Suns have been "doing due diligence," according to league sources. And the Denver Nuggets were on the periphery at the trade deadline, acquiring about Butler.

In other words, the Bulls will have no shortage of offers, meaning this is a trade they'll have to get right. They're in a different position than the Indiana Pacers as Paul George has made it known he wants out and plans to become a Los Angeles Laker. But Butler has made it known he wants to stay in Chicago and doesn't want to be moved, according to sources close to the Bulls swingman.

But with the Bulls' desire to free head coach Fred Hoiberg of Butler due to their lack of a fruitful relationship and belief he can improve in his third year, this is the road the franchise is choosing to walk down.

The Bulls were rebuffed on an offer to the Celtics for the third pick straight-up, but bringing the Cavaliers to the table could increase the quality of offers for Butler, who would be eligible for a deal in the $40 million range annually if he makes another All-NBA team next season.

One would think the Bulls' reluctance at paying a contract that large on a team that will continue to be in the middle of the draft plays a part in their decision.

As one league executive texted last night, "It's either Boston or Cleveland but he's going."

As it appears Butler's surprising rise will have an abrupt ending, seemingly sooner rather than later."

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

You're being a smart ass, but his value is in that small contract.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You think you're likely to end up with a player more valuable than PBev at 17?
    I know its absolutely possible, but likely?

14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

In other words you're more affected by narrative than than objective analysis, just like that poster alleged:eek:

15. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Are you Cavs fan or LeBron only fan?

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

he's the only asset other teams want besides Harden. I predict at the end of this off-season, we'll miss out on any of the stars in trade rumors and end up overpaying for another role player like Ryan Anderson.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if he doesn't want to come off the bench, that means his head's gotten too big for his talent level. let's be realistic here......which other team in this league could bev start for? practically every single team already has a better player at point guard or one w/ potential they are grooming to be significantly better than him in the near future

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Might be overrated to you, but I for one sure wish we had a heck of a lot more of it.

Dalton Truelove likes this.
  19. King901

King901 Member

What big fish can we get for him? Unless he's part of a package deal the other players salary is going to have to match or be really close right? Let me know what big fish has a similar contract

20. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Hahahahahahahahaha. What a trash response.

So heart & grit is overrated, so I'm curious. What do you think happen in gm 6?