1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Bev Injury Watch [strained hamstring]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crimmy88, Oct 29, 2014.

1. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

can't catch a damn break....jeez

2. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

The curse of Matt Thomas strikes again...

Damn it

3. Chamillionaire

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/H-lxEN1mceY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think it's time to make that move if it's possible. Imagine him and Dwight.
    If we can get him without giving up Ariza, we're gonna be really really good.

4. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

You know, before the season began, I was thinking about a lineup with Pumpernickle at the 3, Ariza at the 2 and Harden at point. I think it could work against certain matchups where the opposing team's point is not an elite offensive threat -- and, with Bev not available, it would put our best three available players on the court.

Also, think about Harden post ups against a point guard.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

get healthy - quick!

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Cut Garcia and get him.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

If he's healthy, he's a huge difference maker. If he keeps playing like that and gets back to 100% health I don't think rondo here is as bad as a lot of people think

8. Chamillionaire

As bad as who thinks? He's an elite playmaker, consistently one of the top assist leaders year in year out. Would make easier for everyone and won't take shots away from James, Dwight, Ariza, etc...

If we can get him without giving up the 3 guys ^ or Terry / Kostas, sign me up.

9. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

So your suggestion is to bring in a player (i.e. Rondo) who has been injured most of the time for the last 4 years and is injured even now? ... Greg Oden is out there too I guess for your fantasy roster.

10. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

If he continues to play the way he did tonight I think the asking price will be too high.

11. kemah

kemah Member

Rondo is not who the Rockets need.

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

You're right; the Rockets are what Rondo needs...

13. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

No we are NOT because of Depth and player Versatility. It's more like da opponents are actually ****ed with Bev on the court...

14. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Do we have any $ for Llull to come over?:confused:

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

mfastx has a point. who else plays great on the ball defense at the PG position? answer nobody.

16. djperm

$$$ ain't the issue, Mauri wants the final roster spot for draft picks like Capela who have (Future potential) over WIN NOW players like Adrien. And don't gimme dat sheet about needing Capela for a third star, guyz like Adrien who can contribute right away also have value for other teams that want to trade as well... because they contribute right away geniuses.

#56 djperm, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  17. djperm

For a short term injury, the Rox have enough Solid Defenders to offset Bev's absence and his Tenacious D. Worst case scenerio, if its for an extended period of time I wouldn't underestimate the front office's ability to bring in a Solid PG immediately.

#57 djperm, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  18. dlite316

dlite316 Member

hope it is not serious... meanwhile hope terry, canaan or johnson can step up

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Word. Any explanation why none of the other 29 teams have picked up this ready to contribute player?

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

chuckled there. Canaan's scoring is ok but apart from that his game is not up to high NBA standard