1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pastor has sex with his daughters to teach them how to be good wives

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Zion, Aug 31, 2007.

1. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Hispanic?

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Disturbing? Dude, it's not even unusual.

Have you missed the whole 2000 years of news on the Catholic Church, they remain pretty supportive of some people doing the same kind of stuff, then there is the whole torturing Inquisition. The Protestants have their witch trials and the Muslims have suicide bombers for Allah.

I quote Mr. Stevie Wonder,

"When you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

To be fair, all people, regardless of whether they are relgious or not, have committed atrocities. To blame religion for people's actions is wrongheaded, IMO.

4. Sextuple Double

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ljl2Bu5K1S0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ljl2Bu5K1S0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Have fun!!! :rolleyes:

5. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

What?? Its plenty disturbing in this day and age.

This guy abusing his daughters is modern. Suicide bombing and terrorism is modern. The Salem witch trials occurred in the 1690s. The Inquisition began in 1483.

I think I understand your point and I don't want this to turn into D&D, but that's hardly a fair comparison.

6. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

yeah but personal responsibility just makes me feel bad. Why would I want to feel bad for my own actions when I can just blame a religion or go to a detox clinic and walk out of it guilt free?

7. Enron

Enron Member

lol when I was 12 I decided I wanted to read the bible. I had no idea you weren't supposed to start with Genesis. This was one of the first stories I read and was too weirded out to keep reading. I still believe in God and Jesus though and hopefully I'll be ready one day to pick it up and finish it.

8. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

FWIW - The story mentioned from the Bible is believed to be where Iran & Iraq came from...

FWIW

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

My point was that it is typical human nature for people to make allowances for those with whom they have endowed with their reverence. Since this man already held these people in his cult, he defines their morality. So in their eyes he can do no wrong. Of course they are going to support him, if they don't, it invalidates their own beliefs. (and people hate to believe they have invested themselves in being fools)

If you would like a non-religious example I give you : OJ Simpson.

If I went off on the religious tangent, it's because it's easier to assume the mantle of reverence in the metaphysical realm since 'truth' is always beyond the average person and maintaining the illusion of certainty is the foundation of the institution.

#49 Dubious, Sep 2, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  10. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vMP-CQ_bvSM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vMP-CQ_bvSM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>