1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Passport Help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ziggy, Jul 18, 2014.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Don't you have a copy?

Just a FYI - I always maintain multipel copies of important documents - Passport, Birth certificate, DL etc. Also back it up on the computer.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm sure it doesn't take long to get a birth certificate, assuming you were born in harris county and not Kenya.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Flight is the 24th. IF somehow things were to work out I'm looking at 48hrs. I don't think there's time at this point. Hail Mary Monday, then cashing out and taking my losses if things look bleak.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You seem to keep ignoring that you can get a copy of your birth certificate tomorrow. You could have gotten it Friday. Yes, the system sucks, but you have to play the game.

5. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

You will absolutely need your birth certificate. As mentioned, if from Harris County - you need to go and get a copy prior to going to the passport offices. If not, just an absolute waste of time.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't have the standard birth certificate. I have version that was printed 2 or 4 years after my birth. In addition to that document I was asked to bundle several supporting items like immunization records, school records, etc... that was supposed to work fine.

But the standard birth certificate they want - it doesn't exist in my case.

7. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Okay. Good luck!!
    Let us know how thing go tomorrow. Hope all works out positive for you.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm still here, at the intersection of Aids and Carcosa.

9. Buck Turgidson

So definitely inside the loop, then?

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I think you should go to the Passport office strapped to 1) show that you are a man and 2) you mean business.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Katy has its own super secret Passport office. I just thought about going to Belize over Christmas and someone delivered a new Passport to me within the hour.

#51 Rocketman95, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  12. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I read through the thread and I'm still a bit confused.

1) do you live in the city where you were born? Birth Certificates can be obtained same day at the courthouse.

2) Did you mail/fax in a copy of your airline ticket that shows you're traveling on the 24th? Once you fax it in they are usually really good at getting it processed and out the door. I hope you paid for overnight shipping.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I've never really had a problem getting a passport in a decent amount of time, but I've also never really been in a situation where I've needed it within 2 months. Those third-party courier services are a bunch of baloney, but at the same time, most people don't want to deal with this crap themselves.

14. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Yes this is true, I got mine at the office in the Park Row on Post Oaks in 2008. I didn't expedite it and it took about 3-4 weeks to get them in the mail. ITS OUTSIDE THE LOOP THOUGH!!! Stop by an Applebees on your way out for happy hour.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hopefully tomorrow they'll have it all taken care of. Still have my doubts. Everyone's response was basically this - the Louisiana office ****ed me real nice. And is still ****ing me.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

SEC! SEC! SEC!

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ha. What a dick.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Sorry, dude. Hope it works out.

19. heads.up

heads.up Member

Didn't read through entire thread but will share my experience with the Houston Agency.

Had to travel on the 11th and scheduled an appointment exactly 2 weeks before. Brought my documents and was told that my birth certificate (california) was no longer accepted as I had a short form birth certificate and they only accept long forms. I had to expedite for a new birth certificate and that took a week by itself.

After that tried to call over and over to the most useless hotline for the agency, they kept having "booked" appointments past my travel date. That hotline is absolutely useless. So 2 days before traveling I just show up to the agency with all my documents, (birth, license, travel itinerary, application) and the guards at the agency will allow you to speak to an agent if you are in the midst of an emergency i.e. traveling within 5 days. Took 3 hours to finish up.

Was told the passport will be ready the next day at 2:30 pm. Note that you can receive your passport anytime after your will call time and that is what I would suggest. I arrived at 2:30 pm and did not get my passport until 4:30 pm. The houston agency is a joke and I'm glad I don't have to deal with them again for the next 10 years at least.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz. Yee, same exact story. Except it was the Louisiana office that seems to have bent me over. Supposedly they're overnighting it tomorrow to my address. I'll believe it when I see it.

The part where you have to wait a specific amount of time before your travel date, then once it's time, all appointments are booked until after the travel date is a joke.