1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paskistani newspaper offers reward for the murder of American citizens!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotdogeater, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

Look the place is barely a third world country, it IS a dump. If it hurts to hear the truth, sorry. If you don’t get sarcasm, well that is your loss too.

I don’t see a lot of people leaving America to move to the scenic Pakistan.

Pakistan is maybe one rung above Louisiana when it comes to hierarchy of last places on Earth you want to live.;)

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I live in Baton Rouge and its not that bad! Well, the rest of it is :D

Mississippi and Alabama are below them(us).

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

At least I could drive through Mississippi and Alabama without having to stop and change my tires due to the football field sized potholes on the roads.

4. Ty_Webb

Ty_Webb Member

Speaking of third world countries and pot-holes.

The roads in Houston are absolutely despicable, Kirby especially is terrible. It is amazing to me that the River Oaks elite haven’t b****ed enough to get it fixed, From San Felipe to well past 59, Kirby is an absolute embarrassment to our city. Sheppard Drive is not any better.

Then there are our Freeways……….

The administrations under Mayor brown and Old Man Lanier before him have been absolute failures when it comes road work.

Back to Louisiana, I had the pleasure of living in Morgan City for a few years as a kid. Talk about a dump.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

So true Ty_Webb, the last time I was in town, I did most of my driving on both of those streets...horrible.

6. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Ty_Webb,
    I have family in Pakistan (including my grandfather) and my mom has lived there so I personally take offense from your very short-sighted initial comment. Honestly, I don't see how we're suppose to see the sarcasm in it. Ah well, I guess thats our loss, right?:rolleyes: That post is almost as sarcastic as Mr/ Spur's horrifying disgusting thread was funny. I know Pakistan is a country in bad shape with corruption and turmoil, and of course its not the worlds' most travelled destination at this moment. However, if you've ever actually been there or seen pictures or read stories, you would know that it really has some of the most awe-aspiring picturesque landscape in the world. Especially in the mountainous regions of the north. Thats where the korakoram range (sp?), sprawls across kashmir along the Afghanistani/Indian/Chinese/Tajikstani border and where the worlds second highest mountain, K2, stands.

Again, while offended at your post, I'm not going to hold it against you. I understand that everyone is very emotional right now and I'm hoping that was your raw emotion that came out. But we also have to understand that along with being emotional, many people are very sensitive. Especially those groups being targetted the past 10 days. Thats why we have to be careful where we direct our anger and not let it reach to people who are as innocent as you and I.

Peace all.

Azim da Dream

#26 Azim da Dream, Sep 21, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2001
  7. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

speaking of chapati or naan! they're doling it out in Karachi!

[​IMG]
    An Afghan child who earns a meager living collecting garbage receives free food outside a restaurant in Karachi September 25, 2001. The United Nations World Food Program (WFP) decided to resume food aid shipments to Afghanistan suspended after the Sept. 11 terror attacks against the United States. (Beawiharta/Reuters)

rH

#27 rockHEAD, Sep 25, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2001
  8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Thats "naan" not chapati you moron ;)

chapatis are much thinner.

9. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

03 wrote: "Thats "naan" not chapati you moron"

you WOULD know...

rH