1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons would have given the Rockets about 10 extra points today....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Mar 1, 2015.

1. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Would rather have Ariza shut down Lebron for 37 points......than have him score 55 on Parsons

2. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

I'd prefer that we start building some loyal relationships, which is why I'd rather keep him than giving him a contract for the second straight time, only to abandon him after one season, but it's not totally out of the question. It's possible Morey got KJ as Ariza insurance in hopes of sending Ariza's contract elsewhere and using some of that to sign the trio of KJ, Brewer, and J Smoove. I'm far from a cap expert so I don't know how it would work, but that's the way I'd read into the KJ trade.

3. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Maybe but LeBron would've probably hit a game winner on us at the end of the 4th

4. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Parsons would not have helped the rox in this game. This is exactly the kind of game that Ariza is suited for: gritty, physical, defensive playoff atmosphere type games.

DH12 on the other hand, would have been a huge difference tonight . . .

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Could you really put Parsons on LeBron?

lol

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Nice complimentary thread Zboy but these delusional homer imbeciles are a bit on the sensitive side. They are like piranhas, not really more like annoying as **** seagulls.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Interesting juxtaposition of piranhas and seagulls.

Wouldn't have ever thought they had similar personalities.

8. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Starting to seriously wonder if anybody gets what he was doing with this thread.

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

my thoughts exactly.

10. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Yeah I think they just read the title and then reacted without reading the actual thread. Well at least we know which people don't read before they post?

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm just waiting for Howard to return so that Ariza takes more open, fewer shots and with Brewer being a viable backup we can manage his minutes better too. Not to mention that with 2 defensively gifted big men in the rotation now (or 3 when Howard returns), Ariza's defense will look even better. Ariza on a healthy Rockets squad just seems like the perfect role player to me. Easily worth up to $10-$12m, and imo Parsons is worth the same. Difference is we're paying Ariza and Brewer combined just a hair under what we would have been paying Parsons, and that's a far better situation for us.

With Prigs out there to challenge Beverley for minutes, I can see Ariza's (and everyone else's) shot "selection" improving as well. Beverley rarely creates scoring opportunities for others, and Harden's assists generally come from him forcing the defense to leave someone open and hitting that open man. Prigioni brings a more traditional style where he learns about where everyone likes the ball and vocally directs them on offense to get better shots. We didn't have anyone like that on the team and all the guys who aren't great at creating offense will see a slight boost in their game IMO.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Cant believe we replaced bench squad with the following - 2014 Playoff Roster:
    Asik
    Lin
    Parsons
    Canaan
    Garcia
    Caspi
    Covington
    Daniels
    Powell

For the Following - 2015 Playoff Roster:
    Smith
    Brewer
    Ariza
    Terry
    Papanikolaou
    Dorsey
    Johnson
    Prigioni
    McDaniels

The level of talent on this team is terrific, and they have enough playoff experience/veteran leadership...Houston should be very happy at where they are...Glad Parsons was sent off (and happy to see Dallas effectively screwed with that contract).

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Lebron would've eatin Parsons lunch

14. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I really wish this wasn't a thread about Parsons but more about how stout the D looked. In reality the Rockets threw waves of defenders at Lebron. Smith, Jones, Ariza, Brewer all took turns. Harden did a fine job also for part of the 3rd. He really took the challenge today.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Ariza >>> Parsons

Ariza + Brew + Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Portions

16. fearthebeardman

did anyone on the 1st page actually read the post or just react to the title?

17. jjc1

jjc1 Member

Josh Smith also played solid defense on Lebron when they switched on Ariza down the stretch. Its huge to have 2 guys that can defend Lebron late in the game. We had none last year.

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

37pts on 35 shots. thats exactly what you want. i joke about his shooting but he does other things well and i love his defense. cant wait to see him lockdown scorers in the playoffs

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Ariza stopped about 10 points tonight

20. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Did you read the post? He basically said that