1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons vs. Ariza - Glitch in the Matrix?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crossover, Jul 14, 2014.

1. FeaR

FeaR Member

More Ariza Play-off moments

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hptkS5Jc40Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. thejav

thejav Member

cant wait to see those transition 3s next season. 6-8 isn't perfect though.lol

3. thejav

thejav Member

whoops 6-6. i see it now..eyes are tired

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Stephenson is a bad defender

5. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Man, just looking at those highlights. Wall and Beal are just amazing. Especially Wall. So much control and awareness. He's amazing in transition because the defense knows that he can go 0 TO 100 REAAAAAAAL QUICK, and that makes the defense sag off a lot thus making a transition three for Ariza that much easier. Surround Wall with a bunch of DTA guys and he'll be amazing.

Imagine Wall Beal and Duran. ****.

oops sorry to go off topic guys lol.. It's just that John is my favorite player in the NBA haha. It actually really makes me want the Rockets to get Bledsoe. He'll easily make Trevor Ariza a huge signing and worth it.

6. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

uhhhhhhhh... says you lol.

7. archinkent

archinkent Member

Contract year though.

8. LinnyKravitz

LinnyKravitz Member

Very well put. Thanks Rokman!

Anyone that debates this logic is equal to the worst LOF, letting their emotions get in the way rational judgement. Thank goodness our GM thinks with his head and not his heart.

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

They had different roles on different teams, not fair to compare their times as a Rocket. For what we ask of our SF in our current system Ariza fits snugly outside of being a decent passer off of drives, but I think as a #3 behind two guys that draw doubles is where his game will flourish. Same with Parsons. Also improves our perimeter defense which was ass last year.

But who are we bringing in to scheme our defense? Or is Mchale gonna be Frank Bushing it and just clapping and telling guys to play hard.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ariza has more playoff experience and Finals experience.

CP's experience showed against Lillard at the last minute.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Really? Do you ever watch Indy? Stephenson is a monster on defense.

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

CP pretty much dominated Batum in that series and he was far and away the Rockets 2nd best player in the play-offs. The Lillard fiasco is more an issue with coaching than any individual issue. The Rockets were completely confused as a team on the inbounds play. CP just happened to be the player chasing him across the court after it was obvious that no other defender was following him.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

He was good in the first half of the season, mostly sucked in the second half.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's just say Morey is no moron. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Contract situation demanded that and he found someone who is not much worse than Parsons.

I watched Ariza intensively when he was our No. 1 option and except for his shooting he was not all that bad.

His other stats were serviceable..

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Re Ariza, I have nothing to say, other than to wish the Rockets luck. He had a good year, but paying based on the contract year is scary, especially when it comes to Ariza.

16. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

I'll take my chances on Ariza living up to 8 million a year than hoping Parsons lives up to 15 million a year. Look at Parson's shot chart and tell me how the dude is supposed to increase his scoring efficiency? A max player should be able to make a few midrange shots when there's nothing else available. Parsons doesn't have that shot in his arsenal, period.

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

this

For more fun, try this site and plug in his name, then try James Harden and realise they're both defending the weaker opponent wing, and Lance is in a weaker conference.

http://mysynergysports.com/

Then try Paul George, who guards the stronger wing, and compare him to well, anybody else in the nba that also does.

Even those conference finals, Wade put up 20 ppg predominantly because Lance sucks at defense, that one game where Lebron got in foul trouble and George was on him, well that was pretty brutal.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The only thing that bothers me about Ariza is his inability to pass. Chandler has the edge there and more athleticism.

19. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

I don't understand that while living in the Morey Era, anyone can get so attached to players. You're setting yourselves up for more meltdowns.

20. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

This. Also, I think chandler gets the majority of his rim makes from fast breaks. I don't really know carlisle's style, but he seems to be a half court coach to me.