1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons to recruit Howard to the Mavs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 14, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight came here because we sent Hakeem to recruit him

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Jesus man, calm down. This is just something OP made up. It's not real. Besides, Dwight was going to opt out regardless.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Dwight ain't going to play with Parsons in Dallas if hes the marque piece there stop hyping this overrated player up. DIRK will be done and Dallas would have to do some heavy rebuilding. Parsons was spoiled in Houston with freedom now Parsons will really have to play all around ball in Dallas and that's where a lot of his no show tendencies will show up.

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Dwight isn't going to leave harden to go play with parsons.

5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Hmm... why would Howard allow himself to be recruited by Chandler when Howard and James can recruit Durant??

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Howard let that play out in the media to try and help Chandler as a favor for his agent, Harden recruited Howard (in the lead up, that was the narrative, but they let it die to help Chandler) and Harden will recruit Durant. The Lakers handed us that sweet ass deal for Lin (compared to every one else) simply because of how afraid they are of Harden in the Durantathlon.

#106 Aleron, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  7. houactuar

houactuar Member

Maybe when his contract is up he can go coach a college team. He's probably the best coach in the universe. Or maybe he could be a used car salesman or insurance agent. Best ever.

8. houactuar

houactuar Member

Parsons just screwed Dwight's chances to win a title the next year with his poison pill contract so Dwight will reward him by playing with his sorry ass in Dallas? Haha. Dude your head is going to explode it's getting so swell.

9. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

I know this is getting way too far ahead of myself....

But can't we sign harden dwight and durant (assuming he doesn't win anything the next few years)? Isn't the cap gonna increase enough for that?

10. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

As long as we get further than the Mavs, I don't see why an older Dirk will outweigh a still young superstar in Harden. They may have the better coach X and O wise, but I like the direction we're headed.

Shut up Parsons

11. Aleron

yes it is, the expected maxes and cap hits, will be on 80.3m cap, 22.7 for Durant, 26.5 for Dwight, and Harden will still be on his contract, 16.7 for $66m, leaving about 10m left over after cap holds, so let's say Beverley and ?

12. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

Parsons forgets that we will have harden in his prime, we will have money to go get Durant, and our ace in the hole Hakeem. Hakeem will still be working with Dwight and Hakeem is his mentor/confidant. Plus we can offer him that 5th year. So really in 2016 what does Dallas have that we don't? Chandler has gotten mighty cocky. I won't be surprised if his numbers next year decline.

13. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I wish I was good at basketball. I could recruit so many players

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

First, a lot can happen in two years-- Dallas, for one, won't have the same roster in 2016 as they do in 2014; neither will Houston for that matter.

Dallas has the salary cap space to add another big $ player in 2015 and still offer Dwight big $ in 2016. Who is to say the Mavs won't add a Rondo or Kevin Love next summer and make themselves attractive to free agents in 2016?

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

First of all- The fact that Chandler is giving himself credit for recruiting Dwight is a bunch of BS.

Facts- Dan Fegen recruited Parsons just months before Dwight hit free agency, and Dwight had already been rumored to be intrigued about going to Houston as early as the All-Star break when he spoke with Hakeem (I believe it was Cyberx who said this was something he was aware of back then). He was the one that had the foresight to see that he could definitely be predatory in this situation, and quickly pursued Parsons to join Relativity Sports.

-Dan Fegen saw an opportunity with the Dwight Howard situation and his new gold mine soon to be free agent & latch the two players together to get that power in Houston's front office.

-James Harden was the key attraction to play with

-The max contract offer from the Rockets w/ no state income tax & other benefits was #2 attraction

-Working with Hakeem & McHale was the 3rd attraction

-Parsons, LIN, and other Asik was the final attraction

Chandler Parsons "recruitment" of Dwight was hardly something he can take credit for. The plan was put into motion by his agency mostly so THEY COULD BENEFIT by putting leverage on the Houston Rockets to pay Chandler early & latch himself onto Dwight.

16. Aleron

Dirk is 36, Dirk is a PF, Dirk will be 38, Dallas will need to pay Monta (who is a better player than Parsons and paid half as much) or take a major step back.

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think Cuban and co. told him everything he wanted to here, and everything they wanted him to here. Anything and everything that would make leaving Houston sound like a good idea, and he bought into all of it.

Now, suddenly , he is the star Houston didn't treat like one. Now he is the reason we got Dwight. And now he is going to lead Dallas to the promised land.

Cuban must have had something pretty special in those drinks that were served to Parsons that night.

In all fairness, Parsons may very well grow into a better player than he was last season, or he may have already peaked. Who knows. But the rhetoric from him now sounds like somebody who believes he is more than he is, on more than one level.

As next season evolved we will see. I expect a humbling experience.

18. battousai

battousai Member

No way Howard will be recuited by Parsons to the Mavs, the only way we will lose Howard when his contract is up is by losing and not making the playoffs.

By then it doesnt need parson to lose howard, he will leave this team regardless.

19. Aleron

Good ol ESPN Dallas, see http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4702781/monta-ellis-likens-parsons-to-marion

Basically what Monta is saying is that Parsons is about as good as Marion was a few years ago on offense, well his defense is nowhere near Matrix though, oh and his role is to space the floor for Monta.... lol

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Alot can happen in two years I agree -

-Like Dwight being 2 years older at being nearly 31 with 12 seasons of mileage on his body. He could very well NOT be a max contract type of superstar in two years, and could very well take the pay-day of the final year, or take an extension from Houston.

-Orlando could have a major turnaround of their roster with all the youngster they have, and be a very attractive situation for Dwight to return home & solidify himself as the best player to ever play in Orlando & has his number retired, etc. etc.

-The Mavs biggest selling point next Summer will be "Come play alongside Chandler Parsons".... "We could be the next great superstar duo" said to Kevin Love who is currently looking at ways to join Lebron James in Cleveland.... That's a nice pitch and all Dallas... but I think I'll probably go play with Lebron.

-The Rockets obviously are planning for something in 2016. This is obvious with how they are planning on only 2 year contracts this Summer & have a declining scale salary from Ariza to set themselves up for major cap flexibility that Summer. Isn't there someone that is set to be a free agent in 2016? Who is he best friends with again that is currently on the Rockets roster?

... But sure... Dwight and Parsons will be a great superstar duo 2 years down the road in Dallas. Even if Dwight was to leave the Rockets in 2 years, I think we will know at that point that either Dwight/Harden/? is competing for championships or not, and the Rockets front office will want to go one way or another.

If the Rockets ARE NOT in that elite contender category at that point, I am totally going to be fine with Dwight leaving and opening up major cap flexibility to retool the roster again around James Harden.... who at that point should be entering the top of his game & should be a much improved star player.