1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons to recruit Howard to the Mavs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Parsons' sales pitch in 2016:

"Come to Dallas, Dwight! You'll be joining two other superstars and max-worthy players in me and 38yo Dirk Nowitzki on an expiring contract!"

He's pretty much putting a bunch of pressure on himself to earn that max contract with his play on the court. That's cool because everyone will just go at him harder now. Bring it on.

2. Postcall

Postcall Member

Chandler is absolutely going to recruit Dwight but the fact that they have the same agent will play a bigger role. It's a business he knows that Morey knows that.

3. King901

King901 Member

How many times will this be posted? I guess I should tweet some profound sounding stuff i think and post it on here. Who cares what others have to say? We all must be in the 3rd grade about to fight over the he say she say crap.

4. DreamEarlNolan

It was very obvious that the Rockets placed great value on Chandler. One of the main reasons they made him a restricted FA was so they would have the option to match any offers. If he needs to create slights in his mind to provide himself motivation so be it. But if he is honestly offended by the way the Rockets treated him in FA then he is an idiot.

5. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

He's also the BEST small forward in the portland series. This guy is a total douche.

6. DreamEarlNolan

Chandler got pretty good at saying stupid things. Not only did he say he was the best SF in the series, he also made the statement that "we believe we are the better team and DESERVE to move on." What does that even mean we deserve to move on? No one deserves to move on. You have to earn it.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey should care. If certain NBA players don't want to play with Harden, it affects how free agent chases play out for the Rockets.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Overrated. Harden might not be the friendliest guy to play with because of his ballhogging ways but Kobe was 100x worse. And guys still played with him.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

**** you, Parsons. I am so over you, and to think you were my favorite player on the team. Go back to staring in your mirror.

1 person likes this.
  10. Carl Herrera

And Kobe's ways had something to do with Dwight Howard's decision in 2013. These things factor into free agent's decisions, especially with "max guys" since you cannot offer them extra money under the rules.

What factors do you think those guys go through to decide where to play?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Oh yeah... Dwight chose to play with Harden when he was in LA. He never said he would want to play with Kobe.

That is why he went to Houston, this whole Chandler I am the best recruiter and I am the reason why Dwight landed in H-Town is crap.

If Dwight indeed chooses to join Old Dirk and Parsons, well we'll have to go other ways and recruit LMA or some other guys.

It really depends on results now.

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

once howard sees he can play real defense again with ariza on the perimeter, he wont leave houston as long as they get the right players

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I guess he missed Howard being in the recruiting meeting for Melo.

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The only player who every one wants to play with is Lebron (but not in Cleveland)

I'm sure there are people who will say Durant doesn't want to play with Harden in 2016, as absurd as that would be.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People forget Ariza has been a Magic before and Dwight played with him in Orlando.

16. 34to11

34to11 Member

So Morey should care about the random tweets of Joe Blow on the net?

I swear you get dimmer by the day.

17. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

I don't think Dwight is going to follow Parsons all over the NBA. Nothing to worry about.

18. Carl Herrera

If the tweet reflects reality, yes.

And Lance Zierlein may be some Joe Blow, but he is one Joe Blow who works in sports radio and we have reasons to believe that he does have contact with people in the NBA world.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

There was only one player that Lebron's camp said he didn't want to play with, Chris Paul. Perhaps the Clippers should be looking at offloading CP3 then? .....

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Just like Chris Sheridan? Sometimes these guys are right, but when you take a shotgun approach and make random conjecture you have a greater chance of being right than actual journalism. When its wrong, you can blame it on bad information.