1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons stepping into leadership role

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KDJ3, Oct 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

www.nba.com/rockets/news/friendly-rivals

Nice little article about Parsons (and Toney Douglas). I'd really like to see him become a leader of this young team. Good kid with room to grow.

Lock if posted.

2. mirus

mirus Member

no it's not posted.
    nice camaraderie btwn them bbtw

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

Let's hope he keeps it up.

4. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

I have a feeling he has the potential to be the white Lebron.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Leadership is nothing new to Parsons, he's been a team leader in preteen girl fans for his entire career.

1 person likes this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, Chandler is stepping up and becoming a leader of this team. Heck, he showed that to a degree as a rookie. It's amazing when you consider where he was drafted. The guy is looking like the steal of his draft class. Glad it's being pointed out. Nice find, OP!

PS: Carl's right about his appeal to the girls. I can see Parsons becoming my S.O.'s favorite Rocket this season, now that Luis is gone.

#6 Deckard, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  7. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

*sigh* cool...

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

“He’s my veteran guy, he's my leader? Are you kidding me?’’

:p

9. MONON

MONON Member

Now that's a young team, when your team leader's trying hard to avoid the sophmore wall!:eek:

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Should be Marcus Morris - aka Melo with defense - in the leadership role. Once again, Chandler trolling on MM's role

11. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Love parsons since Florida..the guy would take the leadership role in a second but I just think Lin or Martin are going to be looked to lead (for now)...parsons certainly will have the most respect though with his ability to bond with anyone on the team...no doubt my fav player in the NBA...I expect good things from him this season (most improved player), and can't wait to see his career progress

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

Too bad he doesn't have a superstar name. "All star" and "Chandler Parsons" doesn't have a nice ring to it.

13. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Sorry but I can't picture Parsons as a "Leader", at least not now. There're just not that many "good looking leaders" in history.

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

[​IMG]

15. 713

713 Member

would hit.

16. conquistador#11

we have the more athletic and play maker version of battier in Parsons.
    We're set at center.
    A shooting guard in Kmart, who when is not in diva mode and pouting, can be one of the most efficient scorers.
    Lin, if he can average 17/8 he will look o.k

all we need is a super star power forward like elvin hayes and we can win that trophy!

17. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Parsons just seems to be one of those people that others gravitate to. I think Parsons is already the unofficial captain of the team. I like how Parsons quickly reaches out to new players when they join the team. Parsons is likable and more importantly he gets it done on the court. I think people respect Parsons off the court because he's a nice guy, but they also respect him on the court because he's a good player.

18. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Does he have a choice as far as seniority is concerned. Yes, Martin is on the team but I get the sense he himself and the rest of the team are not on same accord. I think Motiejunas might be in that role just the amount of basketball he has played similar to Scola, leadership by example. Pat is falling off quick for me, he has to show something this season.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said. I think he's filling a void. Hell, someone on this team needs to step up and lead, and lead with his play on the court, as well as off... and not just "leading" with his mouth, either. It's a role that seems to come naturally to the guy. He doesn't run at the mouth about what a "leader" he is, which some players do and then don't back it up. It'll be interesting to see the kind of year he has. I look for him to crank up his over all play a notch, and improve his offense, which he needs. I'll be surprised if someone else takes his starting spot in the rotation. The chance is there for someone like Morris, but I've yet to see Morris make a case for serious minutes, much less grabbing Chandler's starting gig at the 3. Who else is a threat to take that spot? White? Maybe in the future, but that's a huge maybe.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yea...if by white Lebron you mean leaving the Rockets in free agency to take his talents to South Beach with all that fine maimi p***y, then you are correct.