1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons ranked #58 best player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Oct 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Chandler's elite skill is his decision-making. He makes the right play at the right time. Thus it's good to play him alongside our star players. If a team had to rely on him as its main star, he would be exposed.

2. hbomb

hbomb Member

Parsons is a top 70 player I think.

58 will be where he is at the end of this year :)

I'm the biggest fan of Parsons, but I feel 58 is a tiny bit too high :D Not complaining though!

Bev could be a little higher. Lin maybe top 100.

3. LAC

LAC Member

Some part-time girls must be responsible for the list.

On a side note, did anyone notice NBA.com used Parsons' photo to headline the Rockets' trip in Manila right after the game? Parsons' appearance must have attracted many teenage girls for NBA such that they forgo the stars on both teams.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Rockets are going to be FUN to watch this season. Let's do this

5. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

those rankings are crap. as much as i like CP he is NOT 58....i could name a dozen players better than him just off the top of my head. perhaps he can be in the future but not now

6. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Don't really know how to classify him.

He's not "star". He is a team star and the glue between stars. He is a solid secondary, or third level playmaker, a solid rebounding option, a solid 3rd scoring option, and a very solid defensive player. His height lets us put him at the 4-spot and create that mis-match which is really beneficial. He's full of intangibles, not really equated as a star, but his presence is of such.

Makes the right play, hits big shots, and is a great teammate. A stud also, might I add.

7. hahachui

hahachui Member

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The rankings reflect the combined views of 100s of experts. Its a good indication of how the typical intelligent NBA observer rates the players. We may disagree with it on particular players, meaning that we view a player as overrated or underrated, but its still valuable to know how others rate them.

9. durvasa

Is there a single page which lists all the ranked players thus far?

10. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

way to go Parsons!

i am telling you. he will be the 2nd most important player on this team THIS YEAR when you account for both offense AND DEFENSE

11. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Is it a ranking of only on court production? Or stuff like popularity, communications, fan relations (McHale isn't so good at this), recruitment, bargain contract count also?

12. durvasa

13. durvasa

I think its just on court production, in theory. The other things might bias how we view a player's production, though.

14. maczmina

maczmina Member

Parsons is pure gold, with that cheap contact

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I can understand how a person can read these lists and think player A should be ranked higher than player B, etc. That's practically the point of lists like these - to get us to click on a bunch of pages and then to talk about what we agree/disagree with around the water cooler and on message boards so more people go click on a bunch of pages.

But I see SO many people here saying Parsons is becoming over-rated and doesn't belong that high on the list. I am starting to suspect that the vast majority of people who are making those claims haven't looked at the list.

You guys are really going to tell me that Parsons doesn't belong in the tier of:

David Lee, Al Jefferson, Nikola Pekovic, Andre Drummond, Rudy Gay, Ryan Anderson, Nicolas Batum, the corpse of Joe Johnson and Klay Thompson?

16. xAliceInChains

Y'all are talking about Chandler being rated high by girls. We all know to guys like him too.

Don't lie to yourself, you like that handsome man.

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

So you think he is 13th? Wow you must be really high on him:grin:;)

18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

this sums it up perfectly.

19. Postcall

Postcall Member

As a Jets fan I can tell you that ESPN rankings are worthless.

20. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I honestly don't think I can name 58 better players...he might be higher