1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons Officially out for the Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LandryMegaBeast, Apr 22, 2015.

1. RocketFan#1

RocketFan#1 Member

Agree. Hope for a full recovery.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Parsons is a hater and an enemy, but I wouldn't wish injury on anyone.

Get well, beeeatch... I mean, sir.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Microfracture? REALLY? WTF is exactly wrong with the knee, no cartilage?

DD

4. okeezie

okeezie Member

For all the trolls, naysayers, and haters...this is what happens when the you have a potentially serious knee injury. Not what Dwight had going on. Dwight's knee>Parsons knee. Period.

5. reliableman

reliableman Member

Bone on bone?

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No one knows exactly what will happen with Dwight's knee, let's wait to hear after the season - and hope for the best.

Everyone is going on half information.

DD

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Our game was the first he left, but I believe he sustained the injury in Indy 2 games prior.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Crazy story.

Absent the Dwight situation, Morey likely exercises team option. Parsons continues to get paid peanuts. If injured this way, maybe never gets his big payday.

If Chris Bosh accepts Rockets offer, Rockets have, potentially, Bosh with a heart issue, and Parsons with a knee issue, both potentially meaningful and career threatening - at least to extent they are the same player - and both being paid a boatload of money.

In the end, Parsons gets paid, Rockets money saved is used on a better wing defender and better bench, both of which were desperately needed, and I guess the Mavs get screwed....

9. okeezie

okeezie Member

If Dwight had a serious knee injury he would not be playing and be shut down like Parsons is. Have you seen Dwight this series? That is not someone playing on a bum knee. Did you see that Parsons sought out Dr. Lowe for a 2nd opinion and went to see T-Mac's doctor in Chicago for a 3rd opinion? In the medical field that means he has got some bad news and is hoping someone tells him something better. Dr. Lowe also did Clowney's microfracture. If he was concerned about a major injury Dwight would not be playing. Why is that so hard for you to understand? There is no conspiracy theory. He has the knees of a 29 year old basketball player. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The thing is, who is to say that Bosh's blood clot and Parsons' knee injury were inevitable? Blood clots tends to develop on long flghts when a person is stationary for a long time. If Bosh was playing with the Rockets, maybe he wouldn't have been on that flight (or maybe sat down for that long video game session) during which he developed blood clots.

And Parsons injured his knee sometime during a game, unless his problem was chronic, if he was a Rocket, maybe that collision or whatever that led to the injury doesn't happen.

Unless we are talking about somebody with a genetic predisposition or a known chronic condition, it's kind of silly to say that a team "dodged a bullet" by not getting a player because he later suffered a fluke injury.

Every player is some kind of injury risk. Hell, it's not like the Rockets are free of them-- Bev and DMo are out, and Dwight and TJones were out for a big chunk of the season. Luck could very well have been such that different guys are healthy and injured at this point in time.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Don't know about hater and enemy. He is a fool that ran over to the Mavs.

I do not wish any major injury upon him with that said.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Jesus.... He left Houston because he was offered a lot more money and a larger role in Dallas. He worked very hard and became a good NBA player. He doesn't hate Houston or the Rockets. Morey made the decision not to match. Was he an ass when he left? Yes, he ran his mouth and played the part of the jilted lover.. But it isn't like Morey was much better saying you find players like Parsons, not sign them.

The people wanting Parsons to fail on his own, already lost. He is attractive, young, educated, absurdly wealthy and plays in the NBA.

I hope the Mavericks lose every single game against the Rockets and I hope Harden uses Parsons like a coat rack .... But some are taking it too far.

13. plee

plee Member

As with "Tommy John" and "ACL" injuries which used to be career ending, I think giving time "Microfracture" will eventually be the same. We are seeing some players come back from this now. If they can catch it before it becomes truly bone on bone, I think the success rate is better. Look at DH, though we really don't know what the problem was...

14. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Feel sorry for Parsons but I'm happy for Cubans bad luck. There's just things money can't buy.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not sure about 'educated'. He sure did not act like it.

He was begging Morey for money when he was on the Rox. He tweeted his signing in a club.

He said things about Houston right before he left.

You look at this tweets and comments and I sure do not think he is 'educated'.

Do not play the color of skin card pls. (Acts like a hobo sometimes)

16. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

He was in and out of their line-up with various injuries long before that game vs. Houston. Some reported his back was acting up along with his knee. That Houston game was supposed to his first game coming back, I think. I believe the story was that he re-aggravated it during the Houston game though.

But this just sucks, though.

There was a time that I considered Parsons to be my favorite Rockets player. I just loved how he played his rookie year and I thought he could be our little unknown star for the next decade or so (i.e. Kawhi Leonard before he became the next supersar Kawhi Leonard). Even after the 1st year with Harden, I still had Parsons as my favorite Rocket.

It quickly changed after this past offseason though. But I hope he doesn't have to have that surgery but if he does, that he has a quick and pain free recovery. He could be out for 6-9 months. It might be two years till we see him on the court as the player he once was, and even that is not a given.

Once again, this is why I can never fault a player going for the money. Players are always one injury away from potentially ending their whole career.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Parsons is not 'young' by NBA standards. 25, 26 yr old.

He is about to hit his ceiling really soon, if he has not already done so.

He is not really going to be a 20+ 7 rb and couple assists guy. Or a one hit (season) wonder like Dragic and not more.

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Parsons was a good player for the Rockets, so I can only hate on him so much. I hope his injury isn't this serious.

19. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

want to beat his ass fair and square. Heal up nicely Chandler, because when you do, Rockets are kicking your ass!

20. Nook

Nook Member

What the hell are you talk about with "color of skin card"?

He is 26 years old and a college graduate.