1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons Officially out for the Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LandryMegaBeast, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Which is exactly why you gotta take the money. He played in Houston for peanuts. Who knows now if he'll ever get a shot again at millions? (He probably will.) Best of luck to the man, who has to be disappointed big-time with this season.

That said: Haaaaaa.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey should call Cuban and offer to eat that CP contract if Cuban gives us Dirk.

3. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Some of y'all need to ease up on your internet toughness.... you know dude wanted to play against us, and you know he wouldn't be out if he wasn't hurt.

Really easy calling someone a coward by yourself in a room with a keyboard.

come on now.

I don't think he'd had won it for them, but they'd be better with him than without, and these games haven't been THAT decisive. Acting like he'd bow out of a chance at us in the playoffs due to fear instead of wanting to play his former team like everyone else in the NBA always does is just ridiculous.

I don't like how he went out here either, but give me, and CP a break.

1 person likes this.
  4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yikes @ microfracture. In that case, good for him for taking the $$ while he could. I was never mad at that part of it -- just didn't like the digs he (and his friends/family) made after the fact.

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

^^ Microfrature!? It's that serious?

6. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

PARSONS A STAR? LOL

7. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

A few other appointments (marketing his brand:rolleyes: ) no date set for surgery and doesn't know if he'll be ready come start of the season.

I'm sooooo happy this guy is no longer on the rockets. Basketball is very low on his list of priorities.

8. gradyr

gradyr Contributing Member

I always liked Parsons. He was a find in the 2nd round and always played hard for us. I don't hold it against him that he took Dallas' money - tell me that you'd turn down $45 million. I hope that he fully recovers.

Personally, I think Cuban got taken on the deal. I think he was pissed that Howard came to Houston and wanted to take something from Houston in return. Parsons is a good player, but he's not 45 million good. Between tying up 45 million for him and trading the bench to rent Rondo, I think he's screwed up the Mavericks for years to come.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

LOL @ the white knights running to Parson's defense.

Don't call the town you got your name in "dirty" on the way out and maybe you wouldn't get the hate. Especially going to the Mavericks and taking that freaking douchebag photo at the bar with Cuban to try to rub it in. Punk b**** move. He did everything he could to be an ass as he exited Houston and succeeded - now he's injured and expecting people to feel sorry for him lol.

Good Riddance, i'm glad the door hit him on the way out - looks like it injured him too.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Parsons can go F himself for all I care

Houston picked him in the 2nd round, offered him a chance to start, made him look much better than he is and which ultimately resulted in a max contract

And all that this arrogant, narcisstic, egotistical moron can do is bad mouth the city and take cheap shots while partying with Cuban.

Bigger role at Mavs eh Parsons? Yeah bigger role at the hospital I guess.

Felt offended eh? Yeah I would to watching washed up Jefferson and Raymond Fatton

1 person likes this.
  12. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

He had one bad (okay horrible) game, he was very good in game one.

13. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Damn he should thank his lucky stars everything worked out like it did. If he has to have major knee surgery it could've cost him pretty big money this off-season.

14. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

marketing his brand? I took that to mean he's meeting with a few other doctors, with something of this magnitude you want several opinions.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I hope he recovers. But I have to say that my sympathy for him went way down because of the way he signed that contract with Cuban in that club and because of his unbelievably annoying douchebag "friend" in those videos.

16. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

That sounds plausable. My hate for parsons and the mavs clouded my vision:eek:

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Me too and glad he got paid. I mean he would be injured and broke if he stayed in Houston, he did the right thing.

DD

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Posted this in the other thread:

While, it's a tough break for him, there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity. This isn't the NBA finals.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

i thought the issue was pain, not structural?

you don't do microfracture for pain, you do the stuff dwight did

#99 Aleron, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

offensively yes, but defensively he was awful in game 1