1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons Officially out for the Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LandryMegaBeast, Apr 22, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Portland series broke me, but what's happening in Dallas right now is worse. Genuine dysfunction.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

^

and bad luck. Just everything going wrong for them.

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

His knees wouldnt hurt so much if he tells puban to hurry up and finish or do a better job and puban needs to be more chivalrous and offer him at least a pillow for his knees to rest on. LOL

4. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

It would have been more fulfilling beating them at full strength, but I never wish for any injuries, even for anybody who took multiple shots at Houston when he left.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I don't like seeing any player hurt and Chandler getting bang-ed like this is regrettable.

But if it has to happen to someone I am relieved it's not yet another Rock.

6. MD_in_Training

Only Parsons' injury is bad luck. Everything else is just not being very good or making stupid personnel decisions.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

full strength i get it.

but regardless i want the rockets to drive them into the ground. sweep them and rest up while the clippers/spurs fight to the death.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

8. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

I wanted to beat them at their best, but we are down a starting guard and foward too so...

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Guess he won't be leaving Houston "so easily..." [​IMG]

10. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Doesn't he have a player option after his 2nd year?

I don't see him making 15 Mill or plus anymore. Surgery. Recent Back Injuries.

11. SemisolidSnake

I feel bad for him, especially after all the horrible injuries our team has suffered this year. I also hate to say it, but he and Rondo being out will probably be a boon for the Mavs in the rest of this series. I hope he recovers fully. He may be young and made a poor exit from our town, but he has unused potential, and it would be a shame for him to be plagued by injuries in his career.

12. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I really liked Parsons on the Rockets. I hate to see him get injured. I would rather him be on the court and take his beating.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Have no pity for the Mavs, have sympathy since the Rockets too are down two starters for the playoffs (DMo basically is a starter even though he wouldnt be starting right now)

If it helps the Rockets advance and get more prep time and rest for the Spurs/Clippers so be it.

It does suck for Parsons though, I hate injuries and dont wish them on any player.

I wont lie though seeing all this happen to the Mavs - like being straddled with such a large contract and the whole rondo thing does put a smile on my face.

15. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I still genuinely like Chandler Parsons and I don't blame him at all for taking the contract he is never ever going to see that type of money ever again.

Get well soon and please leave the Mavs once your 3 years are done.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Someone check on swyyyguyyy

#36 J.R., Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  17. vator

vator Contributing Member

I really would prefer to beat the Mavs with him on the floor getting exposed for what he is. Now he is let off the hook to go through the offseason continuing to believe he a superstar in waiting and that his presence would have tipped the scales in the Mavs' favor.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He played 37 minutes in the first game and got a couple of fast break dunks, but couldn't do much else. He is as much a superstar as D-Mo is.( No disrespect to D-Mo, he is a good role player). Parsons is only slightly better than him.

Parsons made us look stupid with his comments that he was the best SF in the Blazers series when Batum was outplaying him. Nothing has really changed since then.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Rondo is out indefinitely for a " back injury". His absence will improve Dallas' chemistry.

Parsons' scoring is being missed to some extent, but Aminu is a far better defender and he got 9 points as well in Game 2. He can do even better if his minutes go up.

I hope Ariza, Jones and Harden of course will do much better in Game 3.

Go Houston Rockets!

20. Raven

Raven Member

He's already been exposed. He's a solid rotation player getting max money. It's a bad contract, and it's going to be an anchor around the Mav's neck for the next two years.