1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parson's Future and My Offseason Plan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan69, Jun 28, 2013.

1. RocketsFan69

RocketsFan69 Member

This is my first thread so bare with me.
    So obviously everyone right now is talking about bring Dwight over to the rockets and other big name free agents (mostly CP3 and Josh Smith ).

Im totally for a Dwight upgrade on Asik.
    Dwight definitely has some serious flaws, but overall he is the best center in the nab.
    With the help of a great post player we have in our coach, he will get better.
    Anyways that's not what Im here to talk about.

According to hoopsworld.com our salary for 2013/2014 is a
    Guaranteed Total of $39,338,522. But we have a ton of player options I think were gonna pick up. So if we add Parson's, Beverly's, and Smith well be up to
    $41,938,187.
    A quick summary from hoopsworld says "Near-maximum space without trades in July ($60 million cap) = ~$17,681,453 (retaining Chandler Parsons, Greg Smith and Patrick Beverley)."

So from here lets say we sign Dwight to 4 year 88 million (Which I would say we have a 50/50 shot at. If we dont sign him we can sign Al Jefferson to less money). Im not sure exactly how the money will be distributed over the years, but lets say its similar to hardens contract except different numbers.

At this point it will not be reasonable to expect to keep Asik, because neither one of the players can play PF well enough. If anything they will get in each others ways. So If we trade Asik and Thomas Robinson (which I think we were planning on doing anyways) that opens up about $11,900,000.
    We also can get rid of about $1,800,000 in Royce White contacts till he starts playing. So as of now we have $13,700,000 to spend.

So with 13.7 Mil we should sign a solid PF because truly with or without Howard that is what we are really lacking. Lets say we either sign Josh Smith (If Howard sign's he will be tempted, because they played together on the Atlanta Celtics AAU team in the summer of 2003.) or Paul Milsap (I'm not really big on him but others here on clutchfans are). We could sign J. Smith for about $36,000,000 over 4 years (he will start his contract at 27 years old and end at 31, so age is not a big factor) or Paul Milsap for $20,000,000 over 3 years (he will probably want more, but thats another story for another day)

We should also sign a solid back up SG who can provide a solid spark of the bench for a two year $10 million contract to back up Harden, options include, but are not limited to JR. Smith or JJ Redick.

Lastly we dont have much money left for a solid back up SF so I thought of moving Terrence Jones to the SF so he could get more playing time and he defently has the ball controll to do it.

At this point our roster would look like
    PG: Jeremy Lin, Patrick Beverley, Isaiah Cannon
    SG: James Harden, J.R. Smith, Isaiah Cannon
    SF: Chandler Parsons, Terrence Jones
    PF: Josh Smith, Greg Smith,
    C: Dwight Howard, Donatas Motiejunas,

(Contenders)

So the other major point on I wanted to get at is CHANDLER PARSONS!

He is one the best young Small Fowards in the NBA with star potential.
    Top SF
    1) LBJ
    2) Durant
    3) Melo
    4) Iggy
    5) Gay
    6) Leanord/ Parsons.

Short and Simple what Im trying to get at is that we need to save some serious money for 2015/2016 when it is time to give Parsons a new contract. He is essential to the rockets future!

Thanks for putting in your time reading this :)

2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Simple solution - Lin and Asik expire when Parsons does. Simply sign Parsons for a lot then sign replacements for Lin and Asik.

3. liveguy

liveguy Member

Parsons is great and we all want him to stay as long as possible, but something tells me that Morey is a gambling man and thinks he did it one (found a needle in a haystack) with Parsons...and if needed, he can do it again.

Only way parsons gets the big bucks is if he hits All-star status in the next year or two.

Mid level money, no question.

More than that....hmmmm....I kinda doubt it.

4. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

If we get a title in one of the remaining years of Parsons rookie contracts then just offer him the max...screw it. We will have Harden, Parsons, Howard on max contracts.