1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons: Dwight is leaving Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Apr 26, 2016.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I think Harden will play better under a hard-nosed coach.

2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I do too. McHale was probably the perfect coach for young superstar Harden. He gave him all the confidence in the world that he could be the guy. Now Harden needs to focus on the little things, and you need someone that can push him.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Dwight would look better under a real coach. Actually, this entire team would look better under a real coach.

Carlisle might have these guys as serious title contenders.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

He actually was better under a real coach...
    [​IMG]

...and you know how that story ended.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You know when Jabbar said low b-ball IQ he was right. I knew it would be a 3 season dragfest becoming possible more than 3 seasons.

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

If the Mavs had DeAndre and Parsons they definitely would've pushed OKC to at least 6 if not 7 games.

I think anyone with half a brain can tell Dwight is leaving or at very least opting out, at which point, Cuban has shown he's not afraid to throw up a number you don't/cant match.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh...like i said early in this thread, i've never been a great fan of Dwight as a player, but i still think this was the right move at the time, i was hopeful that this was a perfect situation for him (and us) to finally grow as a player, but it seems that i was wrong.

8. HookemHorns1250

For a guy who stated he was the best small forward in a series before being absolutely destroyed by Batum, then being hilariously over paid, and being barely able to stay on a basketball court, Parsons sure does like to talk about us during the middle of our playoff series.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

[​IMG]

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So . . .how much do we think Dwight gets on the open market?

Rocket River

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Cuban will give him 18-20.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

If he's really looking for the money, i'd say someone will bite at 20/25, the max eh...i'm not sure, like i'm not sure he's looking only at that aspect.

13. malakas

malakas Member

Scary news for me. Because we know cuban has refused to give him the max and if the money is equal or around equal he will chooose the mavs. Which means that Im scared if the Bucks owners are braindead they will have to offer him more possibly even max to get him.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

$15M-$20M?

He'd do well to get 3 years, $60M-ish. Anything more, he should take it, run and don't look back!

Max starts at/around $30M.

15. Nook

Nook Member

Someone will offer him close to the full maximum.

There is a lot of teams with cap space, and only so many big name free agents. Couple that with owners wanting to make a splash and coaches wanting a perimeter defender.

16. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Dallas would be a good place for Howard. Also, Carlisle would put him right on the bench when he started going through the motions or "wasn't engaged". Might resurrect his career.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Like he did with Rondo :eek:
    :grin:

18. malakas

malakas Member

It all was depending on the competition for his services. Now that the mavs are almost confirmed in play his price will go up.

I would be ok with 20. At most 22. But 30? Hell no.
    Just hope to god the idiots who offer him that isnt my teams.
    The bulls by all means.

19. Nook

Nook Member

I would be surprised if the Bulls offer Howard a large contract, Paxson is not a fan of Howard and is quite conservative.

As more and more attractive players are signed, and there are still a number of teams with money; I think you will see his price go up.

Howard will talk about "fit" and "championship"; but this is Howard's last big contract, really high bills and I think he will go to the highest bidder.

20. malakas

malakas Member

You are assuming that Paxson will manage to survive.
    I hope so but I think his chair has started seriously creaking.
    Desperation can lead to desperate means.

Yeah he will go to the highest. Who will be those bidders?
    Charlotte will have to prioritize Batum not sure they have much mlre capsoace left after his max.
    Portland will have to most likely extend cj for 25 per.
    Orlando is desperate to win too but they will jeopardise not being able to resign all their own young players if they give him 30.
    His market isnt that big. Only 3-4 teams should be interested for around 20/per.