1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons betrayed us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jul 10, 2014.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's probably exactly what the Mavs did.

This isn't simply about signing Parsons. Cuban is strategically trying to hurt out chances of signing Bosh AND Parsons.

Parsons is doing the rational thing from his standpoint and can't be blamed, unless he flat out lied to the Rockets. The Rockets can be pretty cold in how they deal with players, though, so they can't really complain without looking hypocritical.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I will boo him every time he touches the ball if he remains a Rocket. :)

I can't get the Parsons-Cuban man love crush pictures from the club out of my head.

It's tainted him. I hope Morey sees Parsons is now tainted goods and lets him go. Les is pissed because he never had that kind of relationship with Chandler.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a moron. He knows he cannot get Lebron, Melo or Bosh right now.

He is clingy and holding onto Dirk instead of rebuilding through the draft.

Drafting his own Parsons.

4. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I can't hold this against parsons. Who's to say that the offer would still be on the table if he would have waited?

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Hornets! Hornets Hornets! Would have paid Parsons if Dallas wouldn't have.

6. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

This. It's as if some posters here have never seen Cuban on Shark Tank. He's the king of saying "You have to accept my offer now and not talk to any of the other sharks or no deal."

7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Of course he did - Cuban stood to hurt Houston by making that offer sheet so soon. Besides, Cuban still could have negotiated with Deng, Ariza, or Stephenson so I'm sure he said "if you say no right now, I'm immediately going to make an offer to one of these other guys".

Cuban's end game with Parsons was hurting the Rockets and upgrading their SF spot.

Check.
    Check.

...Parsons might have been able to call his bluff but for 2nd rounder who has never had a "big" NBA contract, you don't play around.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Hard to blame him when I would have done exactly the same thing.

9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

And why should there be 'loyalty'? Morey treats his players as assets as we have all acknowledged. And I seriously doubt that Morey threw in a trade kicker in negotiations to make Chandler feel that the Rockets would consider him untouchable.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

But for that favor the rockets franchise is going to suffer.

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

....and if we got "Boozered" in some under the table agreement between Parsons and Houston than it's Morey's fault although I don't think that's the case here because Morey has always shown a preference for owning the right of refusal of RFAs. This is in line with what we have seen from Morey time and time again.

12. torocan

torocan Member

This.

Cuban isn't a guy you just string along when he's sitting at the table, and asking Parsons to try to out game Cuban to buy time for Morey is ridiculous.

Parsons is an athlete with a major in Communications.
    Cuban is a self-made Billionaire who studied Business.

Cuban understands Morey's predicament as well as anyone. There was no way Parsons was leaving that room without either signing the offer or losing the offer.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Cuban is just trying to limit a competitor's advantage - he is a VERY smart man, and this is 100% the right thing for the Mavs to do to hurt the Rox.

Now Morey is on the clock, but at the worst he will match Chandler locking up our cap space for the next couple of years.

Smart business move on Cuban's part.

DD

14. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

it's straight business
    someone offer him the max of course he will take it and run
    don't make it sound like rockets wont abandon him if there is a better/cheaper option

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

This is ridiculous. Parsons has done nothing wrong.

1 person likes this.
  16. thino

thino Contributing Member

this.

thread should be locked up by now.

900k to 15 mil a year money. whoever is talking about parsons being loyal is an idiot. life changing money. after this contract, then maybe he can talk about championships, and taking pay cuts to join a contender.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Bull****.

The timing of the contract and then posting pictures and videos of you and your interstate rival's GM all over the place.

It was a dick move plain and simple.

18. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

This isn't about Parsons and us. It's about the Rockets and the Mavericks, and a free agent player that both teams want. As a free agent, Parsons doesn't owe anyone anything. Parsons only needs to do what is best for himself, and that's what he is doing. Pro basketball is a business, for both the players and the teams. Sometimes fans forget this.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Really? Come on it is a business.

Is it a dick move that the Rockets will trade anyone, any time, without a second thought?

Chandler had to make a choice, it was the right move for him as a person - a pure business move.

Not a dick move at all, just a good solid business decision.

Every single person on this forum would have done the same thing.

DD

20. thino

thino Contributing Member

it was cuban and his camp that was posting it up on the net to see. parsons didnt personally put them up on his own. cuban wanted the media to see that he was screwing us.

i dont see why everyone salty about this parsons situation. can't hate on him for getting paid. i'm sure alot of FA go out and party and what not with the organization, but nothing is every posted or said about it. everyone should just hate dallas and not parsons for this situation.