1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parks And Recreation (Season 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets R' Us, Sep 30, 2009.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Wow, another great episode. The past 3 weeks have all been classics. They figured out that more Ron + more Tom = GOLD

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Another solid episode last night. Nice contributions from nearly the entire cast, except for maybe Mark. Did he have any lines last night? But that's okay since I consider Mark more of a filler/straight man character that other guys can bounce off of and react to.

I mentioned it in another thread but I would consider P&R behind just Curb your enthusiasm as the best comedy this year. They've been incredibly consistent and have cultivated a very funny and deep cast.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

"I am on hold, with the state parks department; I am on hold, so suck on my buh-utt!"

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Nothing to say about the last couple of episodes? Come on people. The hunting trip was a classic and this week's was really good too.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Like I said in another thread, they had about a 4 week stretch of epic episodes

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Andy giving Tom and Leslie piggyback rides was funny as hell

Piggyback...BAM...piggyback ...BAM... MARK...... BANDANOWITZ

7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

season 2 thread...no idea why season 1 was bumped

8. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

DJ Rummmbbbbaaa!! :cool:

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I prefer the ghost of DJ Rummmbbbbaaa

10. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Just missed the resuming episode of this season...will have to catch it on hulu.....but if you guys haven't seen Aziz Ansari's comedy stand up special that was on ComedyCentral, i suggest you go watch/buy it NOW.

Hilarious stuff. Especially his whole bit where he talks about hanging out with kanye.

http://www.amazon.com/Aziz-Ansari-I...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1265388752&sr=8-1

Aziz Ansari - Intimate Moments For A Sensual Evening

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Another excellent episode. There has not been a letdown this season, this is the most consistent show on TV right now.

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

It's been a solid season all around, good one last nite!

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I even found Mark B. funny in this one, though it was only when he told Ron to shut up off screen. I haven't liked his character at all for a long time.

14. kaleidosky

but he provides an opportunity for tom/aziz to be hilarious, so he was still useful before!

15. m_cable

I totally agree. P&R has been solid all year long. In fact, I'm loving the entire NBC thursday comedy lineup. Community isn't quite as consistent but it's high points are among the funniest shows I've seen in a long time (such as last week's "pool" ep). And while the Office and 30 Rock aren't what it once was, it can still deliver solid laughs.

16. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

agree with office and 30 rock it seems as the seasons go along it starts to be more about the story line than actual laughs. However, they are still my favorite shows.

17. kaleidosky

the real thread should be bumped if discussion is gonna keep going on.

another great ep this week. Though I hope Ann doesn't get back with Andy at all. But it's funny to see April getting all pissed about it

18. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

This is the best show on t.v. Gerry falling into the creek going after the burrito, Ron Swanson giving karate demo, an Andy Samberg appearance, etc.

19. m_cable

We should probably do a "Thursday NBC Comedy" thread next year, assuming that they keep the same lineup (though NBC has renewed each of the shows). Each show individually doesn't seem to generate much discussion around here (except when the Office has a bad episode and people come out of the woodwork to bash it), but an all-purpose thread for all four shows would make it easier to post comments.

As for P&R, it's been probably the most consistent comedy this year (at least on NBC). Last night's episode was great. Poor Jerry. Poor, hilarious Jerry.

20. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Andy Samberg was gold......Jerry did good work in his showcase episode, my favorite scene was when they were tryin not to make fun of him during his presentation and so many ridiculous things kept happening. Another vote for most consistent comedy on NBC.