1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parks And Recreation (Season 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets R' Us, Sep 30, 2009.

1. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

LMFAO!!

Tom ....as T-Pain = ****ing awesome!

2. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I'm sitting home in the dark surfing clutchfans because the power is out and I'm pissed that it's out because my dvr's didn't record survivor, the office, parks and recs, 20 rock, and flash forward. :mad:

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

20 Rock!! They must have moved!

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

slip of the finger on the iPhone. :rolleyes:

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I love how April's boyfriend also has a boyfriend

6. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Funny episode, but not consistent. They need to get back to more Ron * Tom.

NBC just renewed their season, and ordered a full 22 episodes for season 2.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Great news, this is the best comedy on network TV

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I watch almost no TV but watched some after the series last night, and it was damned funny I thought. love Proehler (sp).

9. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

Andy is my favorite character on TV

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Consistently so good. It's up there with Curb Your Enthusiasm in "almost never let me down" television.

I think it might be better than the office at this point but I'm so involved with the office characters that I'd probably still pick it over parks.

I'd love to copy that T-pain costume!

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Amy Poehler was actually likeable in this week's episode because she acted b****y (confusing, I know..). She needs to be more b****y instead of 'Michael Scott' or bumbly and pathetic

12. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I can't quite explain how but they've done a good job of distancing Poehler's character from Michael Scott. At no point this year did I think of her as a female Michael, which I was thinking constantly last year.

13. sew

sew Member

There's something brewing between Ron and Tom's wife.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Great episode tonight

Ron is my favorite character on TV

15. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

I never thought I'd see the day...but Parks and Recreation owns The Office.

It keeps getting better. And I'm sorry to say I found Megan Mullaly (sp?) very hot tonight. Maybe it's the glasses.

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Wow- Parks and Recreation certainly does not "own" The Office. I've watched every episode, and it's definitely funny. But that episode was in no way better than The Office tonight. Best part was, of course, Ron and his ex-wife's scenes. But Pam's punch of Michael, the Dwight and Andy competition were just as good if not better than P&R. Just my .02.

17. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Thought it was a good episode, not great but good.

Need more Tom. Must have.

Quotes

Old Gus: Well I’ve been listening to your boring speeches for the last 50 years. And now it’s time for you to listen to one of mine. You know a day like this makes a man reflect upon his life. And I’ve come to the conclusion that I’ve completely wasted mine. And just for the record, I never ever liked being called “Old Gus.” I didn’t understand it when I was in my 20s and I sure hate it now. So go to hell every single one of ya. Screw Pawnee, and screw your damn shoes!
    Andy (laughing): Oh, Gus. That’s classic.

Leslie: Pawnee’s library department is the most diabolical ruthless bunch of bureaucrats I’ve ever seen. They’re like a biker gang. But instead of shotguns and crystal meth, they use political savvy… and shushing.

Tom: Punk ass book jockies.

Leslie: The library is the worst group of people ever assembled in history. They’re mean, conniving, rude and extremely well read, which makes them very dangerous.

Ron: On my deathbed, my final wish is to have my ex-wives rush to my side so I can use my dying breath to tell them both to go to hell one last time.

Andy: Ma’am? Shoeshine? I won’t look up your skirt.

Andy: Yeah, just joined the rat race. Just chasing the cheese. Racing the rats. Trying to get the cheese. Enough technical business talk, you look ravishing.

Ann: At least he finally has a real job. When we were dating the only job he had was sending audition tapes to Survivor and Deal or No Deal.

Leslie: I want it to be a perfect park with state-of-the-art swing set and basketball courts and off to the side a lovely sitting area for kids with asthma to watch other kids play.
    Tammy: Wow. If I had a park like that when I was growing up I probably wouldn’t have gone through such a prolonged mall slut phase.
    Leslie: Well, that’s–that’s the goal, Tammy.

Ron: So you talked to Tammy? What’s it like to stare in the eye of Satan’s butt hole?

Tom: I have never taken the high road. But I tell other people to, ’cause then there’s more room for me on the low road.

Leslie: Are you even listening to yourself? You’re defending the library now? Ron, the library. Of all the horrifying miserable things in the world.

Leslie: Oh, god, Ron. I don’t want to hear about your disgusting sex anymore.

Leslie: Now sack up. You are Ron freakin’ Swanson.

Andy: I’m on a break. One of the many advantages of owning your own business.

Mark: Is punching allowed on the high road?

Tammy: Baby, don’t you see what’s happening here? She’s manipulating you because she’s jealous of me and the things I get to do to your body and face.

Ron: Look, just wait for me downstairs. If I’m not down in five minutes, it’s only because I’m receiving a pleasure so intense–
    Leslie: Oh my god.

Ann: What the hell are you doing? Andy and Ann’s family shoeshine?
    Andy: Yeah, I thought it had a nice ring to it.

Leslie: You didn’t kill Tammy, did you?
    Ron: I’m afraid she can’t be killed.

Ron: Every time she laughs, an angel dies. Even telemarketers avoid her. Her birth was payback for the sins of man. But you know the worst thing about her?
    Leslie: She works for the library.
    Ron: She works for the library.

18. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Finally saw this weeks episode. So awesome. Ron was funny as hell.
    'That woman really knows her way around a penis.'
    'if I'm not down in five minutes, it's only because I'm receiving a pleasure so intense...'

19. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

OK, watched every episode from Season 2 online- twice. Very funny stuff. But, first, whoever compared this season to The Office Season 2 is seriously deluded- the writing doesn't come close to that season. Second, seems like the fascination with this show is that it's more of a "new" thing as opposed to being better than The Office- The Office, on its worst day, is still better. Sorry, tried to see it otherwise but it's just not. Doesn't mean it's not a great show, but I have to seriously differ on all these exclamations of "surpassing the Office"- it's like comparing Maude to All in the Family- funny, but has to go a long way to topple the king.

Sunny and 30 Rock- well, that's different- those are developed differently and I can see how those shows can be funnier than The Office at times. But P&R is of the same mold as The Office, and it's a good Robin, but it's a Robin, a Tonto, a 2009 Phillies- very good, but still 2nd. Just my .02. I will definitely continue to watch, though- Ron with his Ka**** and Ka*screwed- that was genuinely hysterical- or the "she really knows her way around a ...." Tom can be funny, but sometimes he falls a little flat- same with Poehler. Ron is the king of that show. Mark is good with his lines, always like Rashida Jones- basically all of them are funny to very funny. My one exception is April- didn't find one thing funny about her- that "burn" about the Facebook- not funny. Some people can do the deadpan thing extremely well- Newhart, Creed from The Office- not her. Maybe she'll get better. They need a big dose of Ron, Tom, Mark, Leslie, Andy, and Ann.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

This week's may have been the funniest yet, I loved it