1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parks And Recreation (Season 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets R' Us, Sep 30, 2009.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The last episode was arguably their best ever. The Venezuelans were downright hilarious.

2. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

For real. I think I was actually tired of laughing by the time the episode was over. Definitely the funniest thing I've seen on TV this season so far.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I actually thought it was the worst ep of the season. Seemed more like a season 1 episode. But I still love the show.

4. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

A little late this week I was fellas, too much goin on so had to catch it on rewind. Wow. Just wow. Non stop laughter, the show CONTINUES to get better and just wow man. Damnit.

Perfect comparison to the Office that someone stated earlier, I remember this rollercoaster feeling of nonstop laughter. Hopefully we don't hit the staleness office hit.

Some comments:

Entertainment Weekly: ‘Parks and Recreation is the best comedy on NBC right now’

Says EW staffer Henning Fog:

There’s something really special about watching a show — particularly one you’ve been rooting for — begin to come together, learn from its mistakes, and grow into a formidable and wholly satisfying half hour of television. I’ll just say it: Parks and Recreation is the best comedy on NBC right now. Viva Pawnee! Viva Amy Poehler!

http://www.knopeknows.com/sister-city-2-05

Here's the numbers (courtesy of KnopeKnows.com):

October 15, 2009: Sister City
    Overnights: 4.53 million viewers, 2.0/6 rating/share in adults 18-49

Lead in: Community (5.09 million viewers, 2.0/6 rating/share in adults 18-49)
    Lead out: The Office (8.08 million viewers, 4.0/10 rating/share in adults 18-49)

Notes: “Sister City” scored a 2.0 rating in adults 18-49, which is down from the season-high 2.2 from last week. The episode’s total audience also fell 10% (from 4.97 million to 4.53 million). :confused:

Quotes:

Quotes:

Leslie: Also, remember everyone. Venezuela is a poor country. These men are not used to the wealth and flash that we have here in central Indiana.

Leslie: April, you know Spanish, right?
    April (translated): You bury yourself in your work, because you are unhappy in your personal life.
    Leslie: Oh good. Excellent.

April: My mom’s Puerto Rican. That’s why I’m so lively and colorful.

Leslie: I am deputy director of parks and recreation and chairwoman of the departmental adhoc subcommittee for pit beautification, Leslie Knope.

Leslie: Yes, we will get our pathetic servant boy to fetch your luggage. Go, boy!

Elvis: Do we just, uh, select the woman we desire? I will take the large, black one.
    Tom: Interesting choice.

Raul: Do you have some kind of book with photos of the women available to us? If not, I will also take the sexy, black one.

Donna: I am not surprised at all. I’ve been to South America. I did very well there.

Leslie: I think there might have been a translation problem. When I said party, I meant one that did not include sex for pay.

Leslie: What kind of birds do you guys eat?
    Raul: Chickens.
    Leslie: Us too. Amazing.

Johnny (translated): In Venezuela, government internships are coveted positions. You must be well connected.
    April (translated): Yes, I am very powerful and feared by many.

Leslie: Kernston’s rubber nipples. Tastes like the real thing.

Leslie: His English isn’t perfect. So I don’t think he realizes how insulting he’s being.

Leslie: That’s why people respect Hillary Clinton so much. ‘Cause nobody takes a punch like her. She’s the strongest, smartest punching bag in the world.

Elvis: On the drive in I saw a tattoo parlor next to a school next to a taco bell. It looks like it was designed by a very stupid rodent.
    Ann (talking about Mark): He’s actually a pretty smart rodent.

Elvis: You know what? I’ve changed my mind. I will have you for the evening.
    Ann: Oh, boy!

Ron: I don’t support Chavez. I despise him and everything that he does. On the other hand, this is a pretty sweet ass gun.

Raul: American children are fat and are more inefficient than any other children in the world. I mean, they are like little basketballs. I mean they are huge, you know, porkers.

Raul: I feel like my English was very clear. Shall I repeat? Venezuela. Venezuela, my country, has a lot of oil. Oil is food for cars.

Raul: We get 14,000 channels. Fourteen thousand. I already know who wins Project Runway.
    Leslie: Wow, I’m coming over to your house then.
    Raul: I see what you’re getting at, but no thank you. I am still primarily interested in the large, black woman.

Leslie: Great, well we don’t have Lady Gaga. And I don’t think she’s going to come here unless her career takes a very bad turn.

Tom: I find it incredibly demeaning. But guess what? Cash money. I’m gonna make it rain. Actually I’m gonna pick that up real quick.

Lawrence (throwing Frisbees): How do you like it, huh? How do you like that? Now imagine you’re holding coffee.

Raul: This kind of behavior is never tolerated in Boraqua. You shout like that, they put you in jail. Right away. No trial, no nothing. Journalists, we have a special jail for journalists. You’re stealing? Right to jail. You’re playing music too loud? Right to jail, right away. You’re driving to fast? Jail. Slow. Jail. You’re charging too high prices for sweaters, glasses, you right to jail. You undercook fish, believe it or not, jail. You overcook chicken, also jail. Undercook overcook. You make an appointment with the dentist and you don’t show up? Believe it or not, jail, right away. We have the best patients in the world. Because of jail.

Elvis: This meeting of ugly people yelling? It is like torture.
    Leslie: That’s one perspective.

Leslie: Well, in a true democracy we believe that the input of our citizens is extremely valuable.
    Lawrence: Hey, these pretzels suck.
    Leslie: Thank you. See?

Raul: No wonder nothing ever gets done in this country.
    Leslie: Really? Nothing gets done. Tell that to the Golden Gate Bridge. Or American Idol. Or the moon. Oh wait, you can’t because you’ve never been there.
    Leslie: I think that your medals are stupid. And your uniform is lame. And you guys want to marry Hugo Chavez.
    Leslie: Good, shut up.

Leslie: Those are our pens.
    Raul: We don’t even need them.
    Leslie: Great, then don’t take them.

Leslie: Yesterday I was tough and direct, and today I have to be charming. Basically, yesterday I was Hillary Clinton and today I am Bill.

Elvis: Also, we were a bit jealous. Our colleagues from Boraqua are visiting the sister city of Miami.
    Raul: Yeah. They’ve been partying with Dwyane Wade. They sent us all these photos and Quicktime files, I mean you have to see this place Miami.

Leslie: I’m gonna return the money.
    Tom: Are you crazy? You could buy a low-end Lexus with that money.
    Ann: Or you could build a park with that money.

Leslie: Let’s look at the pros and cons.
    Ann: Pro, we can fill in the pit and build a park.
    Leslie: Con, we might be filling it in with dirty money.
    Tom: Pro, $35,000 worth of dirty money.
    Leslie: Con, not quite sure why that’s a pro.
    Mark: We can fill in the pit.
    Leslie: Con, Ann already said that. Pro and con never works.
    Tom: Pro, yes it does.

Leslie: I don’t want to viva that guy.

Leslie: The committee to humiliate and shame America?
    Raul: Yes, it is Hugo Chavez passion project.

Raul: Why don’t you call the park after Chavez? You know you call it Hugo Chavez Park. You can have a nice, big fountain of his head so that when the water is coming out he’s spitting at you all the time. You should write this down.

Leslie: I am gonna build that park myself. And it is gonna be awesome. And it’s not gonna have a fountain shaped like Hugo Chavez’s head spitting water all over everyone. Unless that’s what the people want.

April: Oh, and Donna’s here.
    Donna: Hey, guys. Hola.

5. Rockets R' Us

Every episode it keeps pushing the idea of cancelling it further and further away...we just need to spread the word and get more people watching!

CANCELLATION NEWS (courtesy of KnopeKnows.com)

Parks and Recreation’s renew/cancel prospects

October 16, 2009:

Published in The Wrap:

Community and Parks and Recreation should get some extra episodes ordered later today. Both shows earned a 2.0/6 [rating in adults 18-49], which isn’t great– but it’s consistent. Patience has paid off before for NBC and comedies, and new chief Jeff Gaspin has said he doesn’t want to needlessly make changes to the Peacock schedule.

For season two, NBC initially ordered 13 episodes of Parks and Recreation. If the network were to extend Parks’ season, NBC would likely order nine additional episodes. In the entertainment industry, this is referred to as “ordering the back nine”.

Link: Ratings Lessons: ‘30′ Doesn’t Rock, ‘Vampires’ on Fire

October 14, 2009:

According to its unique index, TV By the Numbers has lifted Parks and Recreation’s renew/cancel status from “likely to be canceled by May 2010″ to “some danger of being canceled by May 2010″. (This is good news!).

The show’s index figure — which is calculated by dividing Parks’ season-to-date adults 18-49 rating by NBC’s average 18-49 rating — rose 7% (from 0.68 to 0.73) since TBTN published the original report in late September.

During the same period, Parks’ average audience has increased 5% in total viewers (from 4.59 million to 4.8 million) and 5% in adults 18-49 (from 1.95 to 2.05). Even better, last week’s Parks episode — “The Practice Date” — scored a season-high 4.97 million viewers.

I do realize I’m throwing a bunch of numbers at you. But the take home message this time around is that Parks’ renew/cancel prospects have improved!

So keep encouraging your friends to watch. And, as always, keep those fingers crossed.

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

'...but on the other hand, this is a sweet ass gun.'. I think he's my favorite character on the show.

1 person likes this.
  7. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

April's role/lines continue to improve. She's almost becoming my favorite character. I'd say she's up there now tied with Tom.

1 person likes this.
  8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Ditto, both of them are so understated with their delivery

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

1) Ron
    2) Tom
    3) April

all 3 are hilarious, but Ron is the best imo.

I agree with that report you posted, this is the best comedy on NBC. 2nd best on tv right now behind Curb.

10. Rockets R' Us

I gotta go:

1)Tom
    2)Ron
    3)April

And as for funniest on TV right now:

1)Parks & Recreation
    2)Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    3)Curb Your Enthusiasm
    4)The Office/Community

11. sew

sew Member

This show has officially surpassed the office in my books.

April, Swanson and Tom Haverford are awesome.

12. sew

sew Member

:D :D, her expressionless persona is what made this part so hilarious.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

This is probably b/c The Office wedding was the previous week, which probably had a bigger audience that night.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I also like that loser character Jerry. He needs to have more bad stuff happen to him.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Hah, I ask and they deliver. Looks like this Jerry character is gonna be the whipping boy of the Office.

16. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Andy is the **** I swear.

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

this weeks episode started off slow, but really picked it up at the end.

laughing my ass off at the dude who 'pranked' people by building parks and hospitals.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

'c'mon guys, let's just act like jerry was never born'.

'thanks for nothing jerry...good job ann!'

i liked the 'what the ka****!' too.

weird thing we noticed last night...ann has the same phone as my fiancee and leslie has my phone.

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

enjoyed it but a little choppy, missed little gems from April

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

It seems like every week there is 1 character missing from the show. Andy did not make an appearance in the past couple weeks ans there was also one without Ron.