1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parks And Recreation (Season 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets R' Us, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Omer

Omer Member

The second episode of second season was definitely the best episode of the show ever. I'm looking forward to watching ep. 3 on Hulu in a bit, hopefully it continues the standard ep. 2 set.

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Andy is really starting to become my favorite character on this show. I hated him in the first season, he was pretty annoying.

But I guess now that you kinda feel bad for him, he has become a bit more likeable. Plus all his lines are hilarious.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

when Ann saw his head pop out of the pit, he looked like a gopher or something, that was hilarious

4. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Not as good as ep.2 but still good. Here's some of my favorite quotes:

Quotes:

April: Beauty pageants are idiotic. But I found out that the winner of the Miss Pawnee Pageant gets $600. I can be idiotic for $600.

Tom: I had to call in a few favors. But if you don’t call in favors to look at women in bikinis and assign them numerical grades, what the hell do you call in favors for?

Tom: I recognized you right away. And may I say that you look even more beautiful now than you did when you won the crown?

Trish: Hi ya’ll! I’m Trish. I’m 22 years old. I’ve been on YouTube. I just, I love to hang out with my friends. I love to laugh. I love the summertime, and going to the beach. And I love wearing bikinis at the beach with everyone there.
    Tom: Looks like we got a frontrunner guys!

Tom: My girl Trish is talented.
    Leslie: She’s not even twirling the baton.

Trish: Well, I think that America is the land of the free, which is a wonderful thing. And also the brave, where people can live. And no one can ever take that away from you, and it never gives up. But the high birthing rate of immigrants frightens me. No offense to anyone out there, but if it were up to me and my family, I would actually call it Our-merica, and not Their-merica.
    Leslie: Don’t applaud that. She didn’t answer my question.

Tom: Susan Boring Stories? Naw, it’s Trish. Let’s go back out there.

Andy: Is Mark the guy who’s “fixing your shower”? I don’t know about you, Mark, but I’ve seen a ton of p*rn and I know what “fixing your shower” means.

Tom: Well well well. Look who’s here. It’s Officer John McClane. Welcome to the party, pal.
    Dave: Who’s that?
    Tom: Die Hard.
    Dave: Battery?

Tom: Let me do you a favor. Take a key. Just come by. Grill up whatever you want.

Tom: This is one of my favorite pick up strategies. I’m constantly giving away my keys. So far none of them have shown up. Matter of time. I have been robbed twice.

More interesting Notes:

[​IMG]

Nielsen Ratings: Season 2

October 2nd, 2009

This post lists Nielsen ratings information for season two of Parks and Recreation. To view season one numbers, please click here.

October 1, 2009: Beauty Pageant
    Overnights: 4.63 million viewers, 1.9/5 rating/share in adults 18-49

Lead in: SNL Weekend Update Thursday (5.08 million viewers, 1.8/5 rating/share in adults 18-49)
    Lead out: The Office (7.28 million viewers, 3.7/10 rating/share in adults 18-49)

Notes: “Beauty Pageant” was up 9.7% in total viewers and 5.5% in adults 18-49 in comparison to last week’s episode, “The Stakeout”. The episode also improved upon its lead in (SNL Weekend Update Thursday) in adults 18-49.

Ratings are startin to pick up! I'm glad, looks like we'll get more seasons if this keeps up.

Here's a deleted scene:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/4ac7f09f364e802c/4ac63737c377a520/db317741/-cpid/23d240d6bceaf42c" id="W4727a250e66f97234ac7f09f364e802c" width="384" height="283"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/4ac7f09f364e802c/4ac63737c377a520/db317741/-cpid/23d240d6bceaf42c" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /></object>

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

My favorite show right now.

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Today's episode was the best episode they've produced to date. This show is finally finding its feet.

7. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Agreed. P&R has been consistently good to great this year. With 30 rock coming back next week, NBC Thursdays are awesome again.

8. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Ron sidelinin' as an underground smooth jazz musician was gold.

As was the irony of Tom's wife being the one that needed a green card marriage.

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

That was a great ep but damn if I didn't quickly forget it after the Office and It's Always Sunny.

10. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Looks like the ratings continue to climb boys. Maybe there is hope this show will be saved from the ax! Although still trailing Community and obviously Office, it still has a strong hold on viewers and is climbing.

Tom & Ron continue to be KINGS on this show. Nonstop comedy. Even better when they're paired.

-----------------------------

Nielsen Ratings: Season 2

October 8, 2009: The Practice Date
    Overnights: 4.97 million viewers, 2.2/6 rating/share in adults 18-49

Lead in: Community (5.11 million viewers, 2.0/6 rating/share in adults 18-49)
    Lead out: The Office (9.10 million viewers, 4.5/12 rating/share in adults 18-49)

Notes: “The Practice Date” earned Parks and Recreation’s best numbers of the season in total viewers and adults 18-49. The episode was up 7% in total viewers and 16% in adults 18-49 in comparison to last week’s episode, “Beauty Pageant”.

----------------------------

Quotes:

Bill Dexhart: And to my wife, I apologize. All I can say is, I wasn’t just having sex. I was making love… to a beautiful woman. And her boyfriend. And a third person whose name I never learned. Furthermore, it was wrong of me to say I was building houses for the underprivileged when I was actually having four-way sex in a cave in Brazil.

Tom: I think cave sex is insane.
    Leslie: Why?
    Tom: Because of the echos. And the humidity.
    Donna: Mmm hmm.

Perd Hapley: It turns out Councilman Dexhart may have also had sex with a prostitute in the limousine on the way to and from the press conference where he apologized for having an affair.

Mark: Tom, you’re married and you hit on women constantly.
    Tom: Yeah, but I’ve never sealed the deal. Just window shopping. You can fly to Brazil just don’t enter the cave. Am I right? Up top.

April: I love games that turn people against each other.

Donna: You guys will never believe what I just found on Jerry’s Facebook.
    April: A friend. Buuuuuuuuurn.

Dave: He’s probably gonna go anger pee in the courtyard.

Ron: Taliban robes!

Tom: Those aren’t Taliban robes. That’s from Halloween 10 years ago. I was dressed like a Jedi.

Tom: That’s right. Ron has two ex-wives. Each… named… Tammy.
    Ron: Both of them b****es.

Ron: Tom, that was a Jager secret. You just breached a Jager secret.

Leslie: What if he shows up with another woman? What if one of my sleeves catches on fire and it spreads rapidly. What if instead of tic tacs I accidentally pop a couple of Ambien and I have to keep punching my leg to stay awake?
    Ann: Those are all insane hypotheticals and I promise you they won’t happen.
    Leslie: They have happened. All of these have happened to me.

Ron: I’ve established a scientifically perfect 10-point scale of human beauty. Wendy is a 7.4, which is way too high for Tom, who is a 3.8. Ten is tennis legend Steffi Graf.

Leslie: I have to go to the whiz palace.

Jerry: Hey, Mark. A little birdie told me that you have an unpaid parking ticket.
    Mark: Well that’s funny because a little birdie told me that your adoptive mother was arrested for mar1juana possession.
    Jerry: What?
    Mark: You didn’t know that, huh?
    Jerry: I didn’t know I was adopted.

Tom: It’s not your fault. He totally baited you with that unpaid parking ticket.

Ron: Tom-mato sauce.
    Tom: Ron-tanamo bay.

Tom: Fine. You bested me. Is that all?
    Ron: No. I’ll have your wife tonight.

Tom: Mark. You hate Ron, right?
    Mark: No, I think Ron is fine.
    Tom: So we’re on the same page.

Tom: I’m gonna dig up so many worms on this guy, there’s gonna be worms all over the place. It sounded snappier in my head.

Ron: Now relax. And let the Duke Silver Trio take you on a little journey… to yourself.

Dave: Maybe I outta give you a lift home.
    Leslie: Oh, good, well in London they call elevators lifts so you’re gonna give me an elevator home? No thank you.

Leslie: (in British accent) Let’s go down to the pub, get a pint. We’ll put our knickers in the Beatles records. This is an English accent.

Ron: It’s been a real gift making sonic love to you tonight.

Tom: Duke! Huge fan.

Tom: Say “I bested you”.

April: Is it weird that my feelings are hurt that no one’s found any dirt on me yet? Hello? I drove a riding lawnmower through a Nordstrom. There’s video that I took. It’s on the Internet. Nothing.

(all stats and direct quotes courtesy of knopeknows.com)

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

IDK how the rating are worse than Community's. I gave that show another shot this week and boy did it suck

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Maybe bc it's right after the SNL thing.

P&R is much better. Tom and Ron are hilarious!

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I watched most of last season just because it was on before Office and 30 Rock, but I finally caught an episode (last night's) and wow this show has grown from painful to genuinely hilarious.

I'm going to have watch the 1st 2 eps of the season and start watching again regularly.

Nice to see the show hitting its stride.

14. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

This show is gold this season.

This season is so much better for one simple reason: a lot less Knope, a lot more of everyone else. Especially Ron and Tom. And they make the most of the few lines April gets:

'You guys will never believe what I just found on Jerry's Facebook'

April: 'A friend. Buuurrrn (throws up gang signs).'

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Seriously good point.

When you have a 23 minute show with great secondary characters, stop trying to put Amy Poehler's female Michael Scott on the screen for 20 of those minutes.

That is what was frustrating about it last season. The episode I watched last night was filled with comedic genius, most of it without her involved.

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

And on top of that, she actually seems funny in small doses. As opposed to when you get too much, you just think she's annoying/stupid all the time...when in fact, it's just that there was too much.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Did anyone else notice that in addition to the sawed-off shotgun on his desk, Ron also has a WWII tank blocker (not sure of the correct term) and a claymore in his office? Hilarious

18. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

P&R is on fire right now. It was easily the funniest thing on tv last night (funnier than the Office or 30 Rock). And IMO it was one of the best episodes of any show in recent years.

The Venezuelans were great, the story moved along, Aziz was hilarious as always and you got standout performances from some of the bit players (like the intern and the black lady).

I don't want to jinx it but P&R is having a season like Office season 2 where they had one classic episode after another.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

P and R is improving, The Office is going into the ****ter, and 30 Rock is still the best.

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

you undercook fish, believe it or not, jail.