1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Papanikolaou leaning toward two-year deal with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Lovely. :rolleyes:

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So with Pap, Capela and Daniels signing a multi year deals why not try to bring over Llull? We have a big hole at backup PG right now. I'm sure Morey has those guys on contracts structured to be easy to move, we should be able to do the same with Llull's.

3. rocketblood713

I will reserve judgement on this player cause after seeing D-Mo and his clumsy ass falling everywhere lol might take some time to get used to the speed of the NBA

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

K-Pap plays defense.

Who knows Spanoulis may have contributed under a different coach not named JVG?, LOL. JVG has a poor history with Euros. A lot of the rumors paint him as a guy who has no patience for role players who don't speak English.

That's another thing going for K-Pap, he speaks English. No communication barrier there.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UVEN0MCOtPQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Greek players tend to be a homesick bunch. It's a good thing for Houston that K-Pap has proven himself on a Spanish team. I think he'll provide some good minutes if he signs.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Morey's been trying to sign Llull for years. The guy doesn't want to play in the NBA.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Damn, I would think with our current money and open PG position that he should be more interested though.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You have to be the one to find the Chandler Parsons......

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Video came with very dramatic music ... haha nice

He plays like Parsons. He's a Euro so he plays the passing game. He has a perimeter game and can drive to the hoop. He also plays tough although that's relative to the NBA game.

Yeah, bring him over. We'll soon have a new fan favorite.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Here's to hoping Pap (or another young player) is a beast who makes us forget all about Parsons.

10. FeaR

FeaR Member

Kostas is a very good role player. He will not our 6th man because we cannot run our (bench offense) through him. He functions well when there is a lot of tension and pressure. He is always aggressive and a good defender. As a shooter, he is streaky for sure. This year with Barcelona he didn't improve because his role was different. I think nba must be his next step because he won everything in european level.( ACB,2 Euroleague, Greek league, Gold U18(+MVP) and Gold u20 european championships ... ). I think his contract will be cheap so there isn't much risk.

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Lebron signed a 2yr deal because the impending TV deals will jack up the players' salaries as well.

I think that will be a good sell on the 2-year deals. I think we pay Paps more than the minimum, maybe BAE ($2M?), because he's won at Euro level already.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes,I think he can be a good backup to Ariza.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Our Euros: if not now, when? Guy's got length and seems like he can shoot lights out.

Now bring on Llull.

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

now is the summer to use all that money on rolling the dine on euro contracts.

you could find better, younger, cheaper talent than over paying nba vets on the decline.

i'm fine with a bench of llull, canaan, daniels, johnson, pap, dmo, and capela. you know why? because we still make the playoffs and are probably out in the first round, same as if we signed nba vets to our bench.

except this way we have way more tradable assets and preserve some cap space to acquire a unwanted expiring contract (or two), for salary matching in trades, and a pick (or two) to add to the stash of assets.

hopefully one or two of those 7 youngsters works out and we can combine them with the picks and the expiring contract for rondo or love.

1 person likes this.
  15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

lol, remember when we signed Jake Tsakalidis to (try to) assuage VSpan? Good times...

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

i'd add leunen and newley too on minimum contracts. they'd only take up the unimportant 14th & 15th spots anyway. good practice bodies who are veteran pro's. more importantly, i think it'd be funny if this is the summer of stash picks :grin:

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gentile?

18. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

So he sounds like a poor mans Chandler Parsons, right? Good size (a little smaller than Chandler), good shooter (a little worse than Chandler) good at driving to the basket (a little worse than Chandler) great basketball IQ (I'm guessing just as Chandler?) great effort and really good defense (I am guessing better than Chandler?).

Not bad.Still young. Cheap. Should be solid off the bench. I don't think Lull will be coming over now, since we already have backups for the SG and SF spots now and Lull doesn't seem to be a PG.

So now we are set at SG, SF and starting C. We also have 1 surefire PG (might be a backup) and 1 PF (might be a backup). So, 3 more players and we are set. I guess Stephenson is out if we sign this guy, simply because we won't have enough capspace. Monroe seems like a longshot as well, so is J. Smith. We'd simply have problems salarywise. So let's see what Morey has got up his sleeve...

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Smoothie is my hero.

1 person likes this.
  20. Fantasma Negro

Get him some hair gel, trim the beard down, tweeze his eyebrows a bit and him and Johnson can take over ladies night
    [​IMG]
    LoL