1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Papanikolaou leaning toward two-year deal with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Scola, Beverley, Nachbar, Gogi

3. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

So...Morey trying to add to his little "we're still one of the youngest teams in the NBA" excuse by signing rookies and youngsters. Sign some freaking veterans already! We only have 2 years left with Dwight, stop getting younger!!

4. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

IMO, Morey is bringing him over to help establish and build his NBA play - and of course, create another workable and tradable asset.

DW

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

One Marcus Camby, coming right up!

6. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

The analysis admits his catch-and-shoot is spotty (just 39%?) and it's important to remember that the 3-point line is shorter in Europe.

It seems he's smart and knows the game, so that's a plus. I just don't know how much of an impact he would have.

The one guy I hope bulks up more and adds more is Rob Covington. At 6-9, a good rebounder, good shooter and has the length and athleticism to be a pest defensively.

7. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

The analysis admits his catch-and-shoot is spotty (just 39%?) and it's important to remember that the 3-point line is shorter in Europe.

It seems he's smart and knows the game, so that's a plus. I just don't know how much of an impact he would have.

The one guy I hope bulks up more and adds more is Rob Covington. At 6-9, a good rebounder, good shooter and has the length and athleticism to be a pest defensively.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i wnated kostas to come over when first got him. we needed 3/d wings but settled for gangsta garcia and the great casspi

hopefully he gets nelson or brooks at pg. maybe a cheap pf too if we have room. we need more vets but kostas is only a rookie to nba basketball. he has plenty of euroleague experience. his draftexpress page has ti at 6 years! i'll take it w/o looking back!

9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

we got him for TROB. would be great if the greek could go off! ironically TROB would be somewhat helpful on our team this year. Too bad his contract is so high. ha ha ha

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dude, seriously relax. You have never seen this guy play, and Rockets were trying to bring him over sooner - which they never do. Big Papa is high BBIQ, crafty offensive game w/better 3 than either Jones or D-Mo and is high effort player on D. At 6-9 235, Kostas will be our stretch 4.

11. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

http://www.eurohoops.net/2014/05/one-on-one/48256
    this was back in May

12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Good shooter and smart defender? Should translate well, my hope would be for him to get like 20 mpg. Can he play the 2 also? Or more of a 3/4?

13. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Asik, Yao, Hakeem, Lin, Mutombo

14. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

That analysis was from 2yrs ago...he's much better now...... And looking at the highlights I'm not sure the line is shorter...looks the same to me......and dude....Robert Covington looks like he has no place in the nba...... I haven't been impressed at all in his SL showing.....

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm still hurting from loosing Parsons, here's to hoping one (Canaan, Johnson, Daniels, Jones, Capela, Motiejunas or Papanikolaou) steps up.

Papanikolaou will now be referred to as Pap, his name is way to damn long to be typing on here.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes but from Europe that excludes Yao, Hakeem, Lin and Mutombo

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

well, if he can convince KD to come over, I'm all for it. There's a reason why we're only giving two-year deals.

Watch and learn, Cuban.

18. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

All cut from there respective teams;
    Shane Battier..
    Micheal Beasley
    Rodney Stuckey
    Chauncy Billups
    Ray Allen
    Any of these guys could help

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Another lefty lol

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Now's the time Morey dusts off our stockpile of assets and bring them over to continue his tradition of finding gems from nowhere.

I'm glad to see Morey is back in form. Ultra-competitive, he won't sit in a corner and sulk. He will find a winning combination soon.