1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Papanikolaou hoping to return as early as next week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JHL85, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm just happy we can use him to give Ariza a couple of games of rest before the playoffs. That guy plays way better when he's well rested.

2. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I'm just happy we almost have every one back! I'm cool with only losing Beverly.

3. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Agreed. He has exceeded expectations and has been as crucial to our success as anyone on the team. I believe he is 3rd in the NBA in minutes played. He deserves a break.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The gent needs to hit an FT, to get off the schneid. His form isn't 'that bad' and man does he compete on the floor. (Sure wish he had accepted a year of being stashed overseas, but maybe this was better + insurance in the p/o's if Dorsey doesn't get hurt).

1 person likes this.
  5. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Not likely. Seeding will likely come down to the last game.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Ariza and Harden have been our marathon men this year. Both of them have given their heart and soul for the team. Wish we could afford to rest them, but we can't.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm hoping that he's been working hard on that free throw shooting and shooting from behind the arc, both of which needed improving. I really like his "intangibles." The Greek moves well without the ball, is a willing passer, and was getting decent at making his defensive rotations, being a pretty good defender in general, in my opinion. While they are very different players, he reminds me a little of Brewer, who impacts the game more than someone just looking at stats would realize. We may end up needing him.

8. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

gives us another hot/cold 3 pt shooting option. i hope mchale isn't afraid to pull the plug on guys who aren't shooting well at SF/PF. we have enough decent options to find one that works in any given game.

9. roidrage

roidrage Member

Noo that guy is awful

10. roidrage

roidrage Member

We are not resting aria we want the 2nd seed omg

11. Mprice

Mprice Member

I would love for him to be in units with Howard, great at finding him in good spots in the low block.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He will get significant PT in the season finale....

....if seeding is already set.

13. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I think a unit of either

Harden
    Pap
    Ariza
    Jones
    Howard

Or

A 2nd unit of
    Terry/prigs
    Brewer
    Pap
    Smith
    D-mo

Would be. Rey intriguing

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

He is a better FT shooter than Dorsey.

I will just leave it at that.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Deck, why would you want your center to be shooting 3s? Capela's place is inside the arc. On defense, he does three things well already: rebounds, block shots, and clog the paint. On offense, he sets good picks, and rolls to the basket for either a monster dunk or be fouled (he will definitely improve his ft percentage, lol). As posters have noted, he needs to improve on his rotations, but that is due to lack of experience more than anything else.

Capela is one of the most intriguing big men prospects we ever had since Yao and he is only 20 years old. Dude will be a beast soon enough. The proverbial mark my words. Lol

16. SeeingRocketRed

Let's change up all our lineups right before the playoffs, since it didn't work during the regular season.:rolleyes:

17. alethios

alethios Member

KPap probably won't crack the rotation during the playoffs, hence no rush to bring him back.

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

i hope with the addition of josh smith. the rockets dont go back to kpap at the 4.

19. nemac

nemac Member

That post was about Pap. :confused:

20. JHL85

JHL85 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets forward Kostas Papanikolau upgraded to questionable. Motiejunas still out.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/585508097940180992">April 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>