1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pandemic Work from Home Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SamFisher, Mar 17, 2020.

1. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

My main issue right now is that my chair and desk is not ergonomically great, so I'm getting some aches in my neck and back.

I have to go into the office on Monday to get a new hire started. When I do, I will probably take a keyboard and mouse home so I can raise my laptop higher. Exciting times.

I tried to get a second screen, but best buy and amazon are out of stock right now. Ordered one on amazon that is supposed to come by the end of the month (if I'm lucky).

B-Bob likes this.
  2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've been working from home 2 days a week for several years now and I LOVE it.

Of course, now it's 5 days a week AND my wife and 8-year old twin boys are here too....so yeah....I feel you...

I have my double-monitor set up in my office upstairs and then I can just unplug and take the laptop downstairs and work there too if all I'm doing is monitoring emails. But now my wife has taken over the dining room and set up her work/home school station, so I'm pretty much up here exclusively now.

We go on a family walk around the lake in our neighborhood every day just to get out of the house.

But yeah....it's rough. I really miss having the house all to myself 2 days a week. Those days are probably done until at least September....

As I'm typing this post, my boys are running around behind me playing laser tag and asking me about Pokemon cards....gonna be a long few months......

Yung-T, SamFisher and B-Bob like this.
  3. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i wish i could work from home all the time. my computer/desk/chair/condo are all way better than my work office.

DreamShook and arkoe like this.
  4. Exiled

Exiled Member

installed 360cameras from Amazon, I have no choice next week but to let the kids (4,7) alone at home with Peppa pig streams, food ,snack and A4

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You can't leave a 4 year old with a 7 year old babysitter.

ico4498, Richie_Rich, JeeberD and 6 others like this.
  6. GIGO

GIGO Member

Start the sing-along toddler time now. She's gonna sing like this in 6 months.

Joking aside, best of luck.

Yung-T and tmoney1101 like this.
  7. ima_drummer2k

If I hear Old Town Road one more time, I'm gonna start taking hostages.

8. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I really thought I wanted to work from home until I read this thread ;) I am in the peace and quiet of my own office

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

She already does a lot of this. This makes me want to set up a camera back there because I don’t really get to see what she’s up to I just hear her “talking”

Yung-T and GIGO like this.
  10. ima_drummer2k

Woke up, fell out of bed
    Dragged a comb across my head
    Crawled my way upstairs and logged into work
    And checking email I noticed I was late (for a conference call)

Threw on a shirt and grabbed a hat
    Logged in to Webex in seconds flat
    Made my way downstairs and made a dad joke
    And my kids rolled their eyes and I went into a dream

aaahhhhhhhh ah ah aaaahhhhhhh

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Which company are you guys? I am at Punchh.
    DD

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Revention

13. DaDakota

Cool do we have an integration with you? Who handles your API for loyalty?

DD

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Since we have our own proprietary loyalty they don’t integrate with any 3rd parties. But we are also a VAR for a few other systems. I’ll DM you.

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Oh wait, never mind lol, you’re already listed as an integration partner with us.

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Business day 7 working from home. 10 year old and 8 year old children. Have a garage apartment with my office set up and my wife was off for spring break this week so she dealt with the children. She goes back to work Monday. They start online classes on Thursday. I'm dead.

Richie_Rich and ima_drummer2k like this.
  17. DaDakota

I thought so....lol

DD

heypartner likes this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Starting up WebEx makes me feel like I'm installing Windows 95.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  19. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Had GotoMeeting and WebEx at my last shop. My new place uses Teams; what a humongous difference for the better. The only annoying thing is not being able to dock the control panel off to the side. It gets in the way and doesn't auto-hide fast enough.

If you're not using your kitchen table and have an actual desk, get a monitor arm for your screens and throw the stand away. It saves so much desk space.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That was me last summer. I f***ing hated the song the minute it came out. But to hear it and Lizzo basically on a loop drove me mad. I've been working from home since 2012. My ex became a teacher in 2014. So getting work done in the summers with her and 2 young boys home was a challenge, to say the least. Especially when she'd get on me for not helping with them or always going with them to places during the work day (could be one of the reasons she's now my ex...lol). It's not as if I didn't take part in any of it but there were certainly times when I had to say no.

If you have family at home with you, you have to set expectations. You do have more freedom but you also have a job to do and that means you can't take part in every mom-led dance party or living room camp out.

SamFisher and ima_drummer2k like this.