1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Panama Papers: Mossack Fonseca leak reveals elite's tax havens

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Apr 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No need to work overtime.

Pretty sure that China has automated social media post censoring with natural language processing which helped prevent a lot of crap and save a lot of costs in the system, but hey, that may just be me.

China probably thought it was time for open data and algorithmic regulation.

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

If tradition is any metric, China broadly and automatically bans any words like Panama and keywords already associated with the event, but NLP can't quite pick up on colloquialisms yet, at least without some human input (as the probabilities wouldn't have quite caught up yet), so there's assumably a skeleton crew of people that still help with the broad deletion patterns. That's if they're operating efficiently, which with China's government, who knows. This is also the same government that hires s**tons of migrants to build ghost cities because GDP.

But thankfully legal language is much more strict (as a function of some notion of forced clarity) and the corpus is much smaller, and NLP is always getting better ;)

And lawyers are a hell of a lot more expensive than INTERNET CENSOR BOTS (to what end, I'm not sure).

Panama Papers: causing people to sputter in threads since 3 days ago :p

#122 Northside Storm, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I think you should start a startup that aims at making lawyers obsolete through NLP.

P.S.: I employ some of the world's best NLP experts...they are laughing at you.

4. Northside Storm

P.S: none of this has anything to do with the thread topic, though I thank you for your fixation on me, as always ;)

P.P.S: Let your "world's best" NLP experts talk to me. I can get them hired into proper, meaningful work :p

5. Northside Storm

a last point I'll make on this is that lawyers won't be automated completely, at least with current technology--law firms with their unsustainable models will though. There is no point putting a whole bunch of people to work on classification tasks, so no real point to the current associate model.

But seeing as you're trying to be a derailing smurf, it's nice to have you wave your e-penis around with a few words.

AUTOMATE ALL THE LAWYERS, THOSE SMURFS

TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOUR WORLD'S BEST SOMEDAY ATW ;)

meanwhile, if you had something about the Panama Papers, that'd be nice.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You have been talking to an NLP bot version of a lawyer. Good day.

7. Northside Storm

an natural

yeah, I can tell.

There's a bug in your systems, Mr. "World's Best" ;)

Good day, come back when you have substance or want to straight out defend money laundering.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

9. Northside Storm

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You are welcome.

It's a bit embarrassing when you try to be a smartass and get it wrong. But that's nothing new for you, so no worries.

11. Northside Storm

So what? I learned something new. That was a genuine thanks.

THANK YOU FOR LINKING ME TO SOMETHING THAT WAS ACTUALLY VALUABLE, EVEN IF IT WAS AS ALWAYS, VASTLY OFF-TOPIC

The difference between me and you is that you give a f**k. I don't. I treat everything on this forum as a learning experience and an outlet for my sarcasm, so I really don't care either way. In fact, to the extent that I learn something on here, it's a +1 in my books.

So thanks! Have a great day. Come back when you want to trade piss points about the Panama Papers rather than English grammar :)

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. Northside Storm

Have a wonderful day, ATW ;)

14. Northside Storm

To Pakistan, where the Prime Minister is "under siege" from opposition forces thanks to Panama Papers revelations.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/pakista...es-with-fallout-from-panama-papers-1459949486

15. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I really, really want to be in the room when NS is pitching a venture and he learns it's ATW on the other side of the desk ;).

1 person likes this.
  16. Northside Storm

We've raised 2 rounds, and all of the smart money is already in, locked in you might say ;)

I'd respectfully decline after learning he was a robot. That's a hell of a fight to have on your board.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Karma - the guy who pushed past me on the tube and then suggested I go F myself just arrived for his interview...with me...</p>&mdash; Matt Buckland (@ElSatanico) <a href="https://twitter.com/ElSatanico/status/567372151670726658">February 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. Northside Storm

unless Jim turns out to be a rampant Clutchfans BBS poster, I'm not super worried :p

how off-topic is this s**t though lmao

19. g1184

g1184 Member

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/panama-papers-british-banker-funded-north-korean-arms/ar-BBrqvVf

Is this treason, global arms dealing, or terrorism?

20. Northside Storm