1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pakistani police man kills sister for wearing jeans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 25, 2012.

1. NMS is the Best

My reasoning is that I am Muslim and I know that in Islam it isn't allowed for someone to throw acid on a women, or rape a women, or kill them because they 'dishonored' your family. All of these are cultural ideas - not religious ones...

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Serious. He even makes lists, that's the stuff of a psychopath.

1 person likes this.
  3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You misunderstand. I am not asking your reasoning why Islam is NOT behind it. That would be a hard argument to prove a negative anyways.

I am asking what IS behind this localized causation. I agree it is cultural. Why is it so prevalent in predominantly Muslim cultures?

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

A psychopath is someone who kills a woman because she wears jeans. But that doesn't seem to bother you very much.

5. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

6. NMS is the Best

Lack of education. Some 50% of the population in Pakistan don't even know how to read or write (the bills are even color coded because of this)...

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is more than just one type of psychopath.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Wait. So, according to you, one should not be allowed to criticize a totalitarian ideology when it manifests itself in violence? At least not "too often"? Otherwise, one is a psychopath?

Kid - go back to creepily stalking women. Just because you are stuck on the friend ladder, you don't need to be that frustrated and angry.

10. fchowd0311

nice ad hominem.... somehow me posting ONE post about asking others on their opinion of a situation makes me a stalker? And wtf is up with the "kid" remark?

11. Bandwagoner

Can you expand on this? I mean we see lack of education in Africa causing rapes of girls, but it doesn't lead to this type of suppression and murder.

Also how would you react to the notion that despite a much lower literacy rate in North Africa, the progress in women's rights there far exceeds those in the Middle East.

Yeah that seems obtuse. Hopefully some better reasoning comes up.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Kid - you are complaining about being called kid after you called me a psychopath?

13. fchowd0311

Okay ATW... you have been harping on this issue for over a year now on the bbs...So what is YOUR solution?

14. Bandwagoner

Awareness?

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

My solution to women in jeans being killed by idiots who are influenced by their crazy ideology to fanatically believe women have no right to show themselves not fully covered in public?

What is YOUR solution?

So, according to you, one is not allowed to criticize a totalitarian ideology without offering a "solution"?

I am creating awareness. That is more than the angry mob on this thread that tries to shout me down has to offer.

My guess is that a solution has to come from within. More education - but that is difficult when the Taliban try to deny 50 % of the population an education. Also, Islam needs a reform.

16. NMS is the Best

The Taliban don't rule Pakistan. Maybe we need a awareness thread of the intricacies of Pakistani politics...:grin:

17. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

This is a case of a crazy person. This is not a part of Islam religion. If it was you would see it more commonly because, as you said, 95% of the population in Pakistan is Muslim. While the religion does have some flaws (like any other) this case can not be blamed on the religion.

1 person likes this.
  18. NMS is the Best

I think you misunderstand me. I was talking about Pakistan - my family happens to be from there so I know it pretty well. Maybe you can find someone else to explain to you why women are more free in North Africa as opposed to the Middle East...

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yeah, that could educate you - maybe?

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/taliban-militants-girls-school-pakistan/1/159831.html

Taliban militants blow up girls school in Pakistan

Suspected Taliban militants blew up a government girls primary school at Swabi in northwest Pakistan, police said on Sunday.

The militants planted two bombs at the school in a village in Swabi district that went off late on Saturday.

Three rooms of the school were damaged though there were no casualties.

Taliban fighters have blown up scores of schools across Pakistan's restive northwest in the past three years.

The militants are opposed to the education of girls. Media reports say more than 40,000 girls have been deprived of education in the region.

20. fchowd0311

Look if your goals are truly altruistic in nature you would not be criticizing one group of people. You do, so the appearance that you have an agenda or bias towards a certain group of people just based on religion is hard not to assume. Also, please expand on the "awareness" you are trying to spread. Is it the awareness of the evil ideology of Islam? Because if that is the awareness you are referring to the Western world has that covered.