1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pakistan suicide blast kills over 60 as Christian families gathered in the park to celebrate Easter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by s land balla, Mar 27, 2016.

1. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Disgusting.

I was just in Lahore, where this happened, last week. I was staying at my aunt's house which is only two miles from this park.

This has got to stop.

-----

At least 60 people have been killed and another 300 injured in a blast outside a public park in the eastern Pakistani city of Lahore.

Police said the nature of the blast was not clear but that officers are investigating whether the attack was a suicide bomb. It is believed that the bomb detonated on Sunday evening in local time, when many Christian families were visiting the Gulshan-e-Iqbal park area to celebrate Easter. The bomb detonated as families were leaving the park and the majority of victims are believed to be women and children. It is believed to have detonated close to children's swings.

Officials say that at least 60 people have died and a further 300 people are injured. It is reported that many of the injured have been seriously harmed in the explosion, prompting fears that the death toll could rise considerably higher.

Rescue officials said that the bodies of more than 30 deceased had been taken to hospitals around the city. All hospitals in the city have been put on emergency alert to tend to the injured.

Salman Rafique, health advisor to the Punjab provincial government, said: "Many [of the wounded] are in operation theatres now being treated and we fear the death toll may climb considerably."

Senior police officer Haider Ashraf says the explosion appeared to be a suicide bombing but that investigations were ongoing to establish the cause.

He said that the park was manned by police and security guards, telling reporters: "We are in a war like situation and there is always a general threat but no specific alert threat was received for this place."

Eye witnesses have described the scene as chaotic and said that a stampede ensued following the blast, causing children to be separated from parents.

Javed Ali, who lives opposite the park, told local media that the force of the blast shattered the windows of his home. He said: "Everything was shaking- there were cries and dust everywhere. After ten minutes I went outside. There was human flesh on the walls of our house."

He added: "It was overcrowded because of Easter- there were a lot of Christians there. It was so crowded I told my family not to go."

Hasan Imran, 30, says he was talking an evening walk in the park when the explosion detonated. He said: "When the blast occured the flames were so high they reached above the trees and I saw bodies flying in the air."

Chief minister of the Punjab province Shahbaz Sharif has announced three days of official morning and vowed to bring those responsible before the courts.

Local officials have ordered all play parks in the province to shut.

Pakistan has long struggled with issues of Taliban insurgency, criminal gangs and sectarian violence. Lahore is the capital of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's political heartland Punjab, which is the country's biggest and wealthiest province.

As of yet, no groups or organisations have claimed responsibility for the blast.

2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

We just need to identify that what these terrorists ultimate goal is for Donald Trump to be president.

STOP Trump and you STOP the terrorists.

3. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Whoever blew themselves up couldn't point to the USA on the map, let alone know who Donald Trump is.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

your daily reminder that Islam is awful

5. bongman

bongman Member

On the other side of the world, terrorist plot to bomb Muslims only gets 90 days and gets very little media attention.

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Rockets fans representing

[​IMG]

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

"Religion of peace" at it again.

Does this "inflame" Muslims in the USA? :confused:

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Another incident caused by the evil West

had Trump and Cruz not made anti-Islam rhetoric tragedies would be avoided

Also this has nothing to do with Islam, stop being racists

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think there is a lot of beating up of strawmen in this post, but... ok.

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Don't you ever get tired of defending Islam? And you call yourself an exmuslim? okay.

12. fchowd0311

I get tired of defending Muslims as individual people from idiots like you. In those regards, yes, I'm quite tired of your narrow minded view.

The most ironic thing is I can probably provide a more nuanced and coherent reason why Islam is a rather ****ty ideology than you could.

Isn't that a nice dose of irony for ya?

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

so when are you converting back? Or have you already converted?

14. fchowd0311

When are you going to begin your journey into higher education?

1 person likes this.
  15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

by strawmen do you mean what I read on my facebook feed every time something happens

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Everytime there's a thread on Islam there you are defending Muhammad's honor. What's wrong with you?

17. fchowd0311

You mean all the posts about rounding up all the Muslim refugees and dousing 5.56 ammo in pigs blood and shooting them all in the head?

Oh, wait, you probably don't have a large share of veterans as facebook friends. Ya, my facebook feed is absolutely full of lovely statements about Muslims.... That was ****ing sarcasm btw.

#17 fchowd0311, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

That's not actually accurate. I understand fchowd's perspective. He defends his family and friends, as people, which is perfectly fine and fair to do. He is one of few posters here who can very precisely differentiate between the ideology and its followers. I agree with him that just because the ideology is terrible certainly does not mean that everyone who happens to have been born into it is a bad human being or should in any way have fewer rights than others.

19. fchowd0311

Okay. Quote one post where I defend Muhammad's honor. One. I dare. you. I'll leave Clutch fans permanently if you can accomplish this. If you can't find one, you leave. Deal?

Theoretically it should be really easy for you since you stated yourself that I "defend Muhammad's honor" in every post about Islam here and there are quite a few posts about Islam here. So... Good luck.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The reaction I see from them often is anger for even being asked this question. They don't consider these bombers to be Muslim like they are, and get upset that you asked such a question.

It would be great if somehow Muslims could better police their own.

1 person likes this.