1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paging Codman?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Aug 3, 2016.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think OKC will wreck this season simply because Westbrick got the MVP monkey off his back, Paul Georgr will set him straight and call him out if he starts having **** for brains again.

Mathloom likes this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Pop is not going to make the same roster better than it was last season. They need additions. LMA actually has his mind set on leaving, so applying your own logic, that team is in trouble.

George is thinking about leaving, but he will play hard. He has nothing to gain from appearing selfish, his image is damaged as it is. If you think a player George's age is going to waste a year in his prime while being on the same team as the alleged MVP, you're mistaken sir. He is going to play to win, he knows that being selfish doesn't get him anywhere, and he is not going to screw over his own friend in WB.

Wolves will certainly compete with Spurs for that 4th spot. Blazers not too far behind them.

Still willing to make the tipjar bet. $50. OKC will be 3rd barring major injury.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah....I'm pretty sure that's a disaster waiting to happen and they'll be looking to get something for George at the trade deadline before he walks in FA, they could try to move Westbrick too before he does the same. OKC simply doesn't have the firepower to be a legit contender and they basically have to win it all this season because it's all over for them once this season is done.

Fullcourt likes this.
  4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Way to come in swinging on your first post CN!

Chargernation likes this.
  5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

All PG has to say at the trading deadline is that he will only sign a long term deal with the Lakers, and OKC will get a bad of peanuts for a 30-game rental.

roslolian and Pen15clubber like this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No way. Presti will roll him out in the playoffs no matter what.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Agreed. OKC needs to at least make the WC finals to have even the smallest of chances to retain PG. A first round bounce and I guarantee both Westbrook and PG will walk towards LA.

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Not necessarily Pop will run his team like a well oiled machine with or without Aldridge. OKC plays more iso... two different systems. I believe what's accurate with success today is your team's chemistry has to match the talent on paper on the same elite level otherwise you just have good individual players. I'll make the bet. Okc has too many adjustments to make.

Chamillionaire and Mathloom like this.
  9. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

This ... expect crunchtime lineup of

paul
    eg
    harden
    ariza/tucker
    anderson/capela

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

This is the biggest reason why they want to upgrade one or two of these guys

11. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Gordon or Harden can play some 3. I see some lineups with Paul, Harden, Gordon, Tucker, Nene.

12. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Man I wonder how it will be once we play the clippers. I'll hate to see pat hustling against harden or Paul. I hated when Paul flopped all the time. Though he always got pat in foul trouble it seemed. He could probably get in Harden's nerve. We will see.

Can't wait for this season to start and to at least know who else we added. Hopefully melo or love and one big maybe Hartenstien like someone mention will do.

13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

and Cleveland gets Troy william for love? nice.

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Okc on paper looks good with WB and PG13.

Then you realize that PG13 is not KD.

KD is the reason those okc teams won 55+ games every year he's a true franchise all time great.

Westbrook is a novelty act but he is an all time great I guess.

Paul George is just another guy who in 20 years most ppl will not remember his career except the die hard NBA fans.

KD balled out in okc in spite of WB. You cannot win big with that guy. He'll no doubt win you some games because he can go bananas in Stretch's and out yo Insane numbers.

I think the thunder will win around the same amount of games as last year. They won a lot games last year that they shouldn't have. Winning close games is not a skill it's luck unless your the Memphis grizzlies lol.

Spurs i new were doomed when they paid patty mills 11m to come back it shows me they have nothing alternative to what they already have. They will be good but to many western teams made major upgrades. No way the Spurs win 60 games.

As just a guy looking at rosters in the west.

Golden state is in a class of there own clearly.

Houston is in another class of there own, the rockets roster is just constructed very well around cp3 and Harden which is already two top 7 players in the league. Only golden state can claim to have that also. And if we get melo it's lights out I think we would be just an inch behind golden state.

Spurs are next but they can be past up by the wolves if the wolves can click and towns makes the big leap to top 10 player which he honestly should.

Wolves at 4

Than you got 3 teams in okc the clippers and the nuggets that's could all be competing for the 5-6-7 spots. Talent wise okc should be the best but from a roster standpoint and the type of system they run (have an identity) the nuggets should be the best team of the 3 after adding millsap.

Clippers with Gallo is and interesting team. There supersingly pretty deep just not overly talented. Jordan/BG/Gallo/rivers/bev with Lou dekker and Harrell off the bench is a decent squad wouldn't surprise me if the nab the 5 spot.

Then I guess Portland or Utah gets the 8th seed. I hope it's Utah they play hard and will lock down on defense. Losing Hayward hurts but they should still have enough because guys like hood and leyles should see more touches on offense.

Portland could get the 8th spot if they actually play through the big guy. He's very good if he can stay in shape. I like lillard but they need to trade him or Cj for some parts that fit better there both not superstars but put up allstar numbers.

I seen someone call into NBA radio the other day and compare harden and cp3 to dame/cj. I had to call up and tell them how dumb that was. Harden and cp3 win 55 games by themselves with no stars around or in cp3 case a star injured all the time. Dame/cj struggle to win 41 games together. Nice players allstar stats but don't impact winning. Play through the bigman and see what's happens.

Memphis is toast we should keep and eye on them, maybe Gasol becomes available mid season or after. Could try sign and trade with Capela maybe? Not saying I would do it but having Gasol play with harden cp3 and Ryno would be interesting. All4 guys can hit threes and Gasol is prob the best passing bigman of the last decade. We would move the ball at a golden state level with him. Now if Capela really had put on the weight and if a force or d and catching lobs/finishing around the hoop, hitting FT and grabbing 12 rebounds we should prob just hold on to him.

Sorry for the rant just wanted to jump in

Happy 4th my friends.

Possum, IvanLCPM, skroodup25 and 3 others like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Damn thats just a disaster waiting to happen. I hope MDA doesn't try the 7 samurai again that was dumb AF. Sun Tzu would say that strat was a shameful disgrace.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

J Green, but not Jeffery this time

From codman's signature. JaMychal Green.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

like his game and he would fit in well with our system, but i was surprised to see he's already 27 now......so not sure how much more upside he has left

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's a solid rotation player. Small ball PF, decent rebounder and shooter. Didn't look to good defensively in the playoffs though.

Just turned 27, but he really just broke out, these last two years were his first real opportunities, he did well and became a starter on a playoff team this year (basically his sophomore season). Came into the league at 24 after spending a couple of years playing in the D-League/overseas. Some guys are just late bloomers who had to work their way in the hard way. (Like Bev/Whiteside).

jogo likes this.
  19. CallMeTheDream

Have had my eye on Green for a while now, I believe he's the type of blue collar energy guy every championship team needs. Would love him off the bench behind Anderson or maybe Melo. Hopefully Morey can close the deal.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

They paid a bag of peanuts; let's see if the MVP (sic) plays hero ball or basketball with PG at his side.