1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Packers @ Texans 11-21

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 16, 2004.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Anemic offensive performance in second half. A winnable game turned into a PR disaster. When you lay an egg in front of 70,000 "paying" fans, there is no excuse. The Texans must make some changes to improve. They definately need a spark; how about a coaching "shake-up?"

2. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Tough lose, but it never should have come to the two minute drill...No offense in the 2nd half and even less defense...

Top 10 pick, once again, but behind the cowboys...

3. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Packers won't get out of the first round in the playoffs so you will be watching the S.B. on tv just like us.

4. cwaynemiller

cwaynemiller Member

There were three good things about the Texans yesterday, Carr, johnson and Robinson. How did we get them? In the draft. How do you get quality players in the draft? You have the worst record at the end of the season. What can be salvaged from this season? Nothing. What should the Texans do? Lose the rest of the games, get a high draft pick, get a decent running back and get ready for next year.
    A coaching change might be someplace in the mix but, this team, can win it just needs players. The team this year has not beaten one team that was at full strength.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

How about that 3rd and 1 the packers had and the corner dropped off like 10 yards. Favre makes the throw for a first down with no sweat. I mean that D was worse than the Buffalo Bills old cornerbacks. Terrible. Overall the D was good, but plays like that scare me. That is a losers mentality.

As a Titan fan the bend but not break defense has made us a dynasty over the last 5 years, but we basically use the blitz constantly to force the qb to make a decision. we don't just hand them a 5 yard pass play. We force them into it.

6. catch&shoot

catch&shoot Member

Maybe so, but The Packers won't quit (see Texans) on the way there.:D

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man....I hate how they play to not lose, wrather than to win.

They ran too much late in the game, when the running game sucked.

Played too conservatively. Something they do quite often.

8. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

It was a great game; was defintely worth watching Favre's only appearance at Reliant. However, the 4th quarter was embarrasing. You knew what play was coming before the ball was snapped. Capers has to take Palmer off his leash, plain and simple.

The only annoying reoccurance was listening to the few Packer fans in my section trying to start their "Let's Go Packers" chants in the 4th quarter. :rolleyes:

9. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

I totally agree with this. Dom and his conservative gameplan cost us this game. His style of playing for field goals and trying to run out the clock in the 3rd quarter are pissing me off big time.