1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Packaging Parsons and Asik for third star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zoplicone, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd concede George & Melo .... but the rest are entirely debatable.

The rest of that list is full of .... SG's and Wilson Chandler come on man ..... Rudy Gay shoots 0.416(Total) 0.323(3) with 2.5 assists 2.64 turnovers compared to Parsons 0.486(total) 0.385(3) 3.5 assists 1.93 turnovers.

So .... we're at 4 Small Forwards clearly better than Parsons.

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If parsons was that great we would have knocked off the thunder. I love his game, I ain't hating, but he's no star. I'm sure GS fans feel the same about Barnes as we do about CP. and spurs fans about Leonard.

Lebron melo durant and George are the elite SFs.
    I respect your opinion but you simply stated NOPE to some players being better and that was that. Gallo led Denver in scoring, and they were a very good team this year, much better than the Rockets. If you replaced gallo with parsons on the nuggets I doubt they would have had as many wins

3. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Gallo is soft and a swinging gate.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I didn't state Nope on any of those players , I simply quoted basketballholic's post , agreed that Melo and George are better and that the rest of the list was debatable.

Lebron , Durant , Melo & George .... they are clearly better than Parsons.

The rest of the SF's around the league .... that's up for debate.

Galinari ... his numbers were pretty close to those of Parsons across the board as were those of Harrison Barnes and Loul Deng. Kawhi Leonard put up solid numbers ... shooting 0.494 & 0.375 is impressive .... but he's almost an afterthought to defenses who concentrate heavily on Parker & Duncan. (to think we could have had both .... )

I'd be hard pressed to say any of those players are "Clearly better" than the others listed .... entirely open for debate.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Gallo is a better defender than Parsons. The knock on him is he's damaged goods.

6. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

BWAAAHAHAHA Fullcourt FOOL!

Name 10 things I've regurgitated.

ROFLMFAO!!! :p

7. basketballholic

Funny thing is the poster actually left off Denver's best SF. Iggy??

That would get you 5. I'd give you Iggy also. But remember...Iggy, Melo, Lebron, Durant....that's 4 MAX CONTRACT guys and George is soon to be a max contract.

And poster also left off Batum. Once again I'd put NOPE here because while Batum may be as good....he's not clearly better.

Gallo is not clearly better than CP25 either. Shooting numbers look nice. But he doesn't D up ANY at all. And he doesn't contribute more significantly to win totals than does Parsons. He's not significantly better. If you replaced Parsons with Gallo on the Rockets, I doubt they'd have more wins either. Gallo is not clearly better than CP25.

Guys we can't get markedly better at the SF spot and help this team that much. CP25 is an upper echelon SF on a mini-contract. It's his contract and production that is going to allow us to add significantly to this roster. He's the second most untradable guy on this roster simply because of those factors. Now...after next season....depending on what he hauls in in restricted free agency...and how he plays after he gets his dough....he may become less valuable to this team and become a tradable commodity. But today...no way no how.

8. basketballholic

I don't know what you've been watching to come up with that. That's one of the more ridiculous statements I've read on here in a while. Sorry.

9. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Geezus!

You guys really think Parsons is the 3rd star if we get Dwight?

NO

That's NOT a big 3. That's 2 stars... Harden and Howard

...and a very good supporting cast of which Parsons or Asik is the leading player.

PARSONS IS NOT A STAR.

... maybe just for a bunch of starstruck fangirls like u lot. SMFH.

1 person likes this.
  10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Reading what Feigen said, there's no way Parsons and Asik are traded when Dwight comes over.

11. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Please don't discuss "Parsons" and "tools" in the same post. I can't concentrate.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Thing is, I'm not sold on gutting the team for a third superstar.

Parsons could be our Manu. Or, our "almost"-Manu. Hell, only 2 years in the league. And he WANTS to be here. And he's out there recruiting for the team.

So what if he isn't an All Star now or later? He's perfect for what the Rockets are doing.

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I'm saying you should stick to what you're good at, which is keeping everyone up to date on current Rocket events.

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I consider igoudala a SG. But yes if he's considered a small forward then he deserves to be in top 5 at his position and he is definitely better than parsons. Iggy I would see declining faster than his team woud like though.

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I'd like to keep parsons but if he could land us a superstar then I'd package him with Asik. When SA won their championships Manu was a star.
    The thing is even with this years spurs, yes Manu is no longer elite but SA is solid at every position, splitter is a solid center and Danny green and Leonard are solid as well.
    We are horrible at the PF position if we wanna be considered contenders. We don't even have a veteran that could fill in. Asik and Howard can't play together for long.

If we get Howard and can't land a third star I wish someone like gasol or boozer would get amnestied so we could have a short term solution with a veteran. I dont see either of them being let go though. TRob dmo and tjones didn't play enough to avoid getting eaten alive in a playoff series.

16. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Your Gallo statement makes me feel like you don't watch that many games. Correct me if I am wrong. Gallo is pretty turrible (I exaggerate). I would not trade Parsons for Gallo even if they were the same salary. The dude is a volume scorer, and pretty inefficient. Guy only makes like 41% from the field! Yet makes 12 attempts a game? No ty. Only bit he's better than Parsons at is getting to the line, yet even w/ that, he still only finished less than a point better than Parsons (probably higher usage rate as Parsons is more a spot up shooter/off ball player). Otherwise, Parsons was better from the 3 pt range, better at rebounding and better at assists. Parsons also has 3 fewer yrs of nba experience. Hmm...

17. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Trade Asik and Parsons for Bosh _____ HELL NO..!!!!

Thade Asik, Parsons, and Lin to land LMA ____ HELL YEA...!!!

18. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Gallo is not better than Parsons. And I know the world is falling in love with Paul George, but he isn't much better than Parsons either. It's very easy to look like an all work defender with a 7-2 shot blocker behind you. Parsons doesn't have that. And Parsons is a better shooter.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Paul George is a rising star. Parsons is a fitness role model

20. cbk41

cbk41 Member

We'll see how much of an offensive game he can develop, but Paul George screams Andre Igoudala to me. Not an insult by any stretch, but not a no. 1 option for a contender.