1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Packaging Parsons and Asik for third star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zoplicone, Jun 9, 2013.

1. hahachui

hahachui Member

If it is Leborn/Durrant/Westbrook/ChrisPaul/S.Curry

2. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Get Paul George!

3. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Trade lin first before those two.

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Not many teams are in need of a point guard, and value wise Lin is the least valuable from the three so not likely he will net us a star.
    Which I'm fine with cuz I'd like to see us keep Lin. I think he would fit nicely with Howard and fits nicely with harden.

5. coffeelover665

Honestly I rather have a good PF and Dwight over CP3 and Dwight.

If you think about it, our bench is going to get a lot more shallow because we have to clear room for both D12 and CP3 so there is no way we can get a good plus one of our starter might have to get shipped out too. I think CP3 will hurt the team overall more then he will improve it. Remember we're talking championship and if you have a hole in one of your rotation, it will get taken advantage of. And as godly as CP3 is with his PG, he is no PF. If he joins us, our offense will improve for sure, but what about our defense? Will it cover the holes at PF? You can't expect D12 to cover all defensive weaknesses, thats what they thought he would do for Nash and that didn't turned out as they thought it would be.

plus I have a soft spot for Lin and his underdog story. He is a serviceable point guard right now and we all know he will improve, will his ceiling be all-star or just a consistent starter? Either way, it's good enough.

6. Rio224

Rio224 Member

Lolwhut,parsons should be off the table....he is a star. I wouldn't give him up at all

7. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

We wouldn't need to do that. And Parsons staying here has almost as much promise as Harden staying here.

8. verysimplejason

I'll do it for Lebron or Durant only, nothing more, nothing less. Well, if we can get MJ or Kobe in their peaks, I'll do it also. WTH even Hakeem or Shaq or TD. :)

9. verysimplejason

And I almost forgot. There's one more other player I'll be willing to trade them for. It's a prime Rodman with GOOD ATTITUDE. Yeah. He's what we need. The baddest defender/rebounder I've seen. There's no need to give him the ball. Just let him play his game and don't worry about him. I can see him fit whoever, wherever and whatever team.

Then it's morning and we woke up. :)

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

11. larry cook

larry cook Member

Lin 8.4mil Asik 8.4mil and Trob 3.5= 20.3mil for Lou Will 5mil and Al Horford 12mil = 17mil

Lou
    Harden
    Parsons
    Horford
    Dwight

12. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Parsons is a star

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

No. We'd need to upgrade at the 4.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Name five players better than the Mad Chicken at the SF position.

I'll start you off with two:

Lebron James
    Kevin Durant

Now , come up with three more ....

Parsons game is very complete. There might be players that do "something" better than him but there are very few who are as well rounded as Parsons.

I believe some underestimate how much his play contributes to winning ... What he brings doesn't always show up in the box score.

15. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Melo
    Pierce
    Bryant
    Mayo
    George
    Deng
    Galanari
    Chandler
    Gay
    Leonard
    Barnes

Just off the top of my head

16. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Good grief, if you have two "superstars", then Parsons IS our third star player.

Parsons gave us 15.7/5.4/3.5 in only his second year in the league, and he is still improving. Every other team in the league would love for us to trade Parsons, but why would we?

Parsons also plays a very important role for this team, he's the "glue guy" on this team, both on and off the court. Parsons is everyone's best friend on this team.

Let's not over-think things too much. If we add another star player to the core of players we had last year, then this team is ready to compete for a championship.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

I want some measure of continuity, no more "shuffling," tweaking only. Of course Howard or Paul would be big tweaks, but let's keep the core in tack.

18. basketballholic

Pierce - no, not at this point in their respective careers
    Bryant - is a SG
    Mayo is a SG
    Deng - NOPE
    Galanaro - NOPE
    Chandler - ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
    Gay - NOPE
    Leonard - NOPE
    Barnes - NOPE

I'll give you Melo and George.

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

You should stick to regurgitating information, and leave evaluating players to others. Your list is speckled with shooting guards and inferior players. I'm not gonna play the "do you even watch basketball card", but....

1 person likes this.
  20. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Parson's ceiling is still not known but even after his 2nd season he is a 5 tools player that created a buzz. Given his age, his unknown ceiling, his mentality, his gamer attitude, his great teamate presence and the 5 tools he brings, then I wouldn't trade him unless it was just silly stupid. Chris Paul is not silly stupid. Better scorer yes but Chris is at his ceiling and may even be on the decline with questionable intangibles. Don't get me wrong, I'd take him. But if the upgrade from Beverly to Paul is going to cost me Parsons, then I'd say pass. We're young. Let's build this up a piece at a time.