1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Packaging Parsons and Asik for third star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zoplicone, Jun 9, 2013.

1. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Even if that wasn't extremely unlikely, what level is he taking us to, exactly?
    The second round?

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

if we can keep them and get David West I would be excited. Stop it with the bull**** spread 4's that miss long range shots and call it fatigue.

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It's more like are you kidding me? And do you only watch the rockets play?
    I won't quote everyone here but will sum up and rebuttal the critical responses.

Parsons is great, but he will never be an all-nba candidate and he is not on bosh's level. Every gm would agree, you're just gassing him up.

Asik is great too, but if we get Howard, Omer would have to be a back up and that would just be a waste when we could use him to solidify another position.

I personally think bosh would excel with Howard. He's not excelling in Miami because they have him playing center. This guy was a 20-10 power forward in Toronto. We're not asking him to be that with us, we're just asking him to be one of the best at his position.

Morey has made it clear he will move anything to get superstars. With Howard, parsons and asik will be are only remaining assets, and Lin I guess.

Asik + Parsons + TRob + Royce for Bosh

Howard / Smith
    Bosh / T Jones
    MLE (morey move)
    Harden / (morey move)
    Lin / Bev

4. CertifiedTroll

pg Lebron
    sg Durrant
    sf J Smith
    pf LA
    c Dwight

5. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

That is, by definition, the next level. Anyway, he was just the first person to jump to mind. There are plenty of dynamic 4's out there who are better than ours, and could be had for the right price. Considering that is the team's primary weakness, I would start there as well.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I dont know what people consider a "third star" but Parson's has more value IMO than quite a few of the players mentioned in trades here.

Parsons was arguably the 2nd or 3rd best player, and the unquestionable 2nd best scorer on a playoff team.

Asik is a future top 10 center in the NBA, and probably top 5 defensive center for years to come. That's high value any way you look at it.

If the Rockets are acquiring Dwight, why would they want to give up Asik AND Parsons to get a stud PF to round out the roster? I can understand potentially moving Asik after a few months if Asik is relegated to a bench role, but why in the world would you need to send over your 2nd best offensive player in the deal as well.

Its a much better deal for Morey, if the situation arises, to deal Asik & a ton of assets(1st round picks, young players, etc.) for a player like Josh Smith, Millsap, or whomever.

If for some reason a true all-star player like Kevin Love or LMA come into the picture, that's another thing, and might have to be considered, but I dont think its necessary.

Plus, those guys will not be dealt next season. The earliest they would hit the trade market would be 2014 trade deadline. Which is still before they become free agents. I hear those 2 names way too much, as if those two players are actually going to be moved anytime soon.

7. jocar

jocar Member

8. Raven

Raven Member

How many players under 30 are better than Parsons? Twenty?

9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Parsons is a keeper. Unless this player is a Durant-like, young and healthy then no to Parsons and X. X maybe but not Parsons and X.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Only way I let Parson go is if Paul and Howard can be had buy it takes Parsons to clear the cap space. We'd be handicapped by his salary in 2 years anyway.

11. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

for the 3rd star we should trade Lin + Asik + Trob + White for Paul and their pick #25

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

You really don't think Parsons has All-Star potential? Seriously? Even if I wasn't a UF homer POF, I would think he could be an All-Star. He's 6'10, athletic, and decent 3 point shooter. Seriously?

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not opposed to trading Parsons in a package for a 3rd star. If you're looking at max contracts though and you've already traded Robinson to make cap space to sign Howard, I don't know if you've got enough matching salaries without throwing in Lin too. Do you then want to trade all of Lin, Asik, and Parsons for the 3rd wheel? For someone like Paul, I'd do it. I don't think I'd do it for Bosh.

14. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

No. Just no.

I don't think Parsons + Asik is worth Bosh even at this point, especially when team chemistry counts for something. We have to stop the trade carousel and let these guys congeal. 5 superstars on a team doesn't guarantee championships, just headaches. Get 2 stars (Harden, Dwight) and your remaining 3 players are borderline all stars with remaining upside potential but they also know how to share the ball and aren't raging primadonnas. You think Harden & Howard will have an easy time deferring to each other (Howard won't). You saw the grumblings with team chemistry in LA on a team full of stars and even the Wade's of the world complain about having to play second fiddle.

Harden
    Howard
    Lin
    Parsons
    Asik

Is a great team because it features only 1 primadonna and 4 guys willing to share the ball--that helps generate team chemistry which equals wins.

Flip burgers. Not assets. Lets just STOP with the trade carousel and see what the hell we have in this talented and young bunch. Plus salary cap means that if one guy gets injured on a team with 3 stars then we are in cap hell trying to fill out the rest of the roster with guys that can keep up. Just say no!

15. pnr

pnr Member

I don't get this site's obsession with trading pieces. We just assembled this team together and in its first year together, we already made it to the playoffs with the least experienced starting lineup, which is a sign of great things. Why not let them develop more and see what a year of development does for them? Assembling 3 suparstars on the same team would make the team less enjoyable to watch, imo.

1 person likes this.
  16. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Yeah, its like some clutchfans are scheming to figure out ways to turn the Rockets into the Western Conference Starting All-Star team. In an era of NBA2k and video games, they think real life = stacking your team with superstars. I live in LA, and find it hilarious how QUICKLY Faker fans have fallen out of love with Howard. Lots of people I know pretty much hate his guts and act like they don't care if he goes. He wasn't that good for the Lakers this passed year with injuries & chemistry issues so we can only hope Howard will have a rebound year--but that is a risk.

Can't wait to see everyone clamor to trade Dwight next year for LMA or Love or whatever...eventually we won't even know who the hell played for the Rockets because players just keep coming and going--it makes it hard sometimes as a fan to keep up! Also, fans tend to have favorites and when they are constantly traded away, team fan loyalty become increasingly specious

1 person likes this.
  17. Sanity2disChaos

Parson stays...... but lin/Asik/Dmo/White/Robinson and maybe Tjones are moved...

Which leads me to....

CP3
    Harden
    Parsons (he will be traded after next season if he hasnt showed a consistency0
    D.West
    Howard

NBA players need to wake up if they think MIA is slowing down anytime soon, so a team of this caliber is necessary to compete for a championship.We have been a "Witness" to Lebron being a one man show and he is not leaving MIA....book it.

18. Sanity2disChaos

fixed...

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What's your dealer's number because I need what you're smoking?

20. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

NO, NO, and NO.
    Parsons is going to be a great great ROLE PLAYER, that teams with stars need. You can't just have 3 STARS, and win it.

Parsons is a Rocket for a long long time. Only time you even think of trading him would be for a top draft pick, and another GREAT player coming right along with him, meaning we'd dump at least one bad contract, and they get Parsons' great contract, and skills, but we at least get back almost what he's worth.

Morey isn't trading his "Parker/Ginobli" that fell into his lap just like R.C. got hand fed them late. You keep Parsons & the way that this team plays he's a perfect fit as a starter, or coming off the bench if we get to become a deep team. Morey knows that it is very very hard to get players like this. Carl Landry was a player that had reached his peak, and we made a hella move there. However, Landry was a bit undersized, and not a traditional stretch 4, he was a bit thin too, but played tough as nails! Parsons is a 2 way player, and can even control the ball, and make plays for himself. The dude is just getting started.

Parsons is even more underrated than most think. He got a lot of cred. this year, but we saw that a bit last year. He worked on his horrible shot over this last summer, and came back and did great!! Parsons isn't getting traded like Carl Landry did. Also back then you have to remember we were looking to start over bc we knew Yao, and Tslack were done, but they killed our payroll, and the last thing we wanted to do was trade Yao after what he'd done for not only us as fans & Organization, but for YAO! (A horrible lesson learned from trading Dream)