1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Packaging Parsons and Asik for third star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zoplicone, Jun 9, 2013.

1. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Why does this need its own thread? It could be asked or stated in own of the other 10 Dwight threads

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

IF we signed the Dwightmare, I could see packaging the 2 for LMA or KLove....

3. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Asik and Parsons are borderline all-stars already. We just need one of our PFs to step up into a solid 6th-man type of role.

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I think morey is capable of building a bench. Look at San Antonio and how important Danny green has been for them.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Asik won't be a star backing up Howard though. And I don't buy that they can play together for more than a couple minutes.

And Kevin love is not going to be traded this year guys. Aldridge is not very likely either but also I don't see Portland needing parsons with Batum on board.

6. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

That sounds awesome. So, who is he, and how and when do we get him?

7. zhen_hui88

zhen_hui88 Member

You've got to be kidding me.
    1.Do you even watch Parsons play???Do you have any idea how good that kid is?
    2.Bosh can't excel with Lebron right now. What makes you think he'll excel with anyone else?

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

dMo or TJones will step up big in their 2nd year. What's the point of drafting talented PFs if we're not gonna stick with them and reap the rewards of their development. Both are amazing talents and both showed a lot of promise as rookies. I don't think we know if we have a problem at the 4 yet.

9. Raven

Raven Member

OP trolling?

Suggesting we trade Parson is crazy and stupid. He's already very good and there's no reason to believe that he's hit his ceiling, and the dude's contract is the envy of the league. He can be our third star!

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Realistically, if we want a third star and a somewhat sustainable cap situation, all of Asik, Lin and maybe T-Rob would have to be traded. Those guys are not overpaid, but they make good money and on a team with 3 stars you can't really dedicate that much money to marginal role players.

Otherwise we end up in a very predictable situation where we have to deal one of those 3 stars soon to avoid being punished by luxury tax implications.

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

What kind of star are we talking about? Chris Paul? If so, yes!

12. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

First, I would never give up Asik and Parsons just for Bosh. If you've been paying attention this season and these playoffs, Parsons + Asik > Bosh :p

Second, while that works out money-wise, I don't think it will actually work out in the end. We're sending 4 players. I don't even know if the Heat can take 4 players, depending on whether they pick up Chalmers' team option (probably will) and who opts into their player options (all probably would for the Heat). But even if they had the room and then sent Bosh over, we just sent out 4 players for 1, leaving cap hold roster charges of $490k each for almost $1.5M. I think that still fits but I don't think we have enough wiggle room to build any bench w/ pretty much only a starting 5 and like 1 bench player lol. I don't know if we will have much of a team after this move :S

13. rocketblood713

I not a fan of trading Parsons I think hes gonna be an all star in the future i wouldn't let him go

14. rocketblood713

I think Parson will be a future all star I wouldn't get rid of him he does a lot of different things real well

15. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

lol did you not like the way you phrased it the first time?

16. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Zero star thread. Would not read again.

17. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

1. David West.
    2. Free agency.
    3. July first.

18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Parsons is not getting moved especially if we are making moves to give us cap room.

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Of course. That's what this is all about. Big 3s win championships. Call up Portland, Minny, etc and get the damn deal done.

20. rocketblood713

when I posted it the first time I guess it messed up the page or somthn I had to refresh it by the time I posted it again I seen it was on there twice lol so I was like ahh fk it