1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pacers/Cavs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mooch, Feb 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Mooch

Mooch Member

Pacers were up by 2 with .8sec left. They throw an alley oop to LBJ and he gets fouled with .4sec left. He makes both of them. So pacers run the same play for granger, and HE gets fouled with .1sec left. He makes one and the game is over. 2 fouls givin with .8sec left!? crazy.

2. KingsFan

KingsFan Member

Stupid way to end the game, a botch call follow by a make up call.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Pathetic way to end a game. I think Granger may have actually fouled LeBron but it's hard to make that call. I'm not sure about LeBron's foul on Granger but it was close enough to the first one that they had to call it.

So much for the referee conspiracy that loves the Cavs.

4. iRonRon

iRonRon Member

Neither foul should have been made, so the fact that they called the first one made them have to call it again, at least they were being consistent

5. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Props to Pacers' Coach in that last play, what's the better way to slap the Refs in their face?

6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i don't think lebron had much chance to complete the first one even though granger did bump him and they shouldn't have called it, but of the two the second one was a far worse call as far as i can tell. that second alley-oop wasn't even close to the rim and lebron looked like he hit it before going back into granger, if he bumped him much at all. granger had no chance of doing anything with that pass. so by the unwritten rule of swallowing the whistles at the end of nba games, justice was served, but cleveland definitely has the bigger beef.

brown complaining that the officials have no business taking the game away with .4 seconds left is fairly hilarious given that they had just taken it away from the other team with .8 seconds. i'm sure he was just venting, but way to be consistent.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I'm glad the cavs lost, takes away the bron jockriding mystique that the NBA seems to be on.

Mike Brown: cry me a river

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

lol @ Mike Brown complaining.

9. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Yeh I hate him and his over rated cry baby team. How can you complain when you got the same call go your way the play before? The stupid start treatment is why a lot of people would rather watch college ball so I am glad to see him not get it.

10. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

fixed

11. 24 in a roll

24 in a roll Member

iguodala and david lee got snubbed.

12. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

??? :confused:

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

It wouldn't have been bad if he said both calls were bad, but he sat up there and said that the last play was the worst call he has ever seen made.

Hello it was just made the play before that.

14. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

When I watched it I couldnt believe my eyes.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Screw the Cavs and their complaining. They've been getting the calls all season long. It's good to finally see a call go against them after all the bs calls going against most of their opponents all season long...especially that homecooked BS on their home floor.

16. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

17. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

in other games they swallow the whistle, now they use the whistle a lot.
    Neither play was a foul, so it was fair the pacers won.

And how you can complain about a call, you got the same call .4 seconds before. cavaliers are a bunch of crybabies.

18. mraznb0i

mraznb0i Member

The Cavs have been whining all week about Mo Williams being snubbed for the All Star game.