1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pablo Prigioni to Knicks? Lin gone?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hooroo, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Thabeet's per 36 numbers for his career: 7.6 points, 9.3 rebounds and 3.0 blocks.

Lin didn't play 36 mins, because he can't guard his shadow, because he is NOT a true point guard and he will never be. Shoot first player, bad decision maker, he over dribble too much, doesn't know how to run team and make Melo and Stat better.

13.3 ppg on 43% shooting, 5.4 apg, 3.7 TO

These are NOT good stats and I don't care how you look at it.

2. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

I don't care about TS%, because he will never again shot his free throws 95% in six game strech. He is below average free throw shoter. Compare his eFG% to other point guards. He is volume scorer.

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Nobody is going to shed some light about GlenRice? Did he get permabanned?

4. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Difference comparing a guy not getting 5 minutes vs a guy getting 26+ minutes??? But maybe you can't comprehend this, or just desperate.

Lin was marveled by coaches, commentators (everybody) alike as playing within the flow of the game, and getting his this way.

Here's more stats for you. Before Jeremy Lin's breakout game, and post Jeremy Lin's injury (ie, Melo and Stat and rest of team), Knicks were 20-21 (48.8%), with Lin they were 16-9 (64%), and overall 36-30 (54.5).

Lin was 3-0 without Amare/Carmelo, 4-1 with one of them, and 9-8 with both.

But I'm sure you'll say this has nothing to do with Lin, he overdribbles, can't guard a shadow, turns over the ball etc etc.

He's just not your 5-tool player and doesn't pass YOUR eye test ...

5. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Compare his overall body of work to the players 15-30 on your list, and come back again.

There's a bunch of people there that didn't get 26 min a game either ... or couldn't guard a shadow, couldn't score much, couldn't assist much or couldn't rebound much either.

#45 mike_lu, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  6. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

You already have a reincarnation here ...

7. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Please also tell me how you can make someone who's an iso player better? I mean, Carmelo just wants the ball a step inside the 3 point line, and take it from there.

Lin was good for Amare, except he's breaking down and a big part of his game was athleticism.

8. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

And by the way, I think Dragic is a better player than Lin, definitely so at this stage of their careers.

Just the Glen Rice reincarnated guy got to me ...

9. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

can someone do like an investigation when GlenRice was banned and when Sigmund registered on this board? :p:grin:

no one hated Lin like GlenRice did and Sigmund seems like he's on that level

10. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Mario Chalmers who is in my mid 20's per se is better point guard than Lin.

Chalmers:
    -good defender
    -very good shooter
    -efficent scorer
    -clutch performer

Lin:
    -bad defender
    -inconsistent jumpshooter
    -volume scorer
    -turnover prone

No team will ever win a title with Lin playing a significant role.

11. munco

munco Member

Sigmund/Glen Rice, we get it. You hate Lin. What's it take to get Glen Rice permanently banned from this place?

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Even if he plays with Wade, Durant/Lebron, Dirk, and Dwight Howard?
    dude...............just admit you hate the guy. if he made it to the pro he can make it anywhere.

13. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

So you found one in your 20-30 range you think is better than Lin? Did you check that guy's stats?

per 36min of 4.4 assists, 3.4reb, and 2FTA, & 12.4ppg vs Lin's?

And you said Lin couldn't play more than 26min coz he couldn't guard his shadows etc ... this dude only played 28.5min with ONLY Norris Cole behind him vs Lin having Iman Shumpert (combo guard) and Baron Davis in the 2H of the season.

Look, I like Chalmers, he made some big shots, plays decent D (flops a lot though), and is a good prospect. But you must be joking to say Lin sucks, look at his stats, and you pull out Mario Chalmers for comparison.

#53 mike_lu, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  14. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

And by the way, all 10 of your 20-30 list WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER THAN LIN!!!

15. mig0s

mig0s Member

rofl this is the definition if an uneducated insecure hater. you have no idea what you are saying. did you even watch jeremy lin play? just stop posting about him please. kkthxbye

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I love his last line.. lol

[​IMG]

17. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Time for me to eat crow. According to an Argentine newspaper, the Knicks have signed Prigioni to a one year deal. Don't really see the point since I'm sure they'll match Lin's offer sheet and they already have Kidd to be a veteran mentor to him, though.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

If Lin can't mesh with Melo. Kidd takes over as the starter, and Lin is then traded.

19. Thaman1744

Thaman1744 New Member

Today is the final day the knicks can match Jeremy Lin's off with the Rockets, if they don't Jeremy Lin could become a Rocket.

20. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Today is the first day they can match. They have 3 days to match.