1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pablo Prigioni signs with the Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sydeffect, Jul 22, 2015.

1. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Pablo was really impressed with the bench spot that Hedo Turkeglu was sitting at that he decided to take league minimum to replace him at the end of the Clippers bench. I seriously think that he will only be used for scrimmages at practice and for insurance for injuries. I'm sure he's a better ball handler than Austin Rivers, but does anyone really think that Doc wouldn't give his son every opportunity as CP3's backup? Austin has more upside anyway. He can't convert Austin to SG because they have JJ Redick, Lance Stephenson, and Jamal Crawford in a battle at that position. Doc seriously has some expectation management that he needs to deal with next season.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Clippers strategy: Sign whoever killed us in the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  3. slestack11

slestack11 Member

It's sort of strange, but Prigioni shot well over 40% from the three point line when he was on the Knicks including a .464 3PT% in 2013/14. Maybe the Rockets volume shooting from that range is what put him at .275 last season. The Clippers are probably not going to use him very much, but if they do, it will be to manage the offense and shoot only when he's wide open.

4. slestack11

slestack11 Member

Here's the bench:

PG: Rivers, Prigioni
    SG: Stephenson, Jamal Crawford, CJ Wilcox
    SF: Wes Johnson, Branden Dawson
    PF: JSmoove, Big Baby (Pretty sure they will sign him)
    C: Aldrich, JSmoove (When playing small ball)

Additionally, the Clippers starting lineup, barring injury, is going to be sick:

PG: CP3
    SG: JJ Redick
    SF: Paul Pierce
    PF: Blake Griffin
    C: Deandre

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

actually i think their starters will be marginally worse then last year. cp3 will be a little slower and be 31 by the time the playoffs start and paul pierce in my opinion is about equal to matt barnes at this point. and pierce will be 38 when the season starts. and also jj redick is 31.

although the other 2 guys are right in the prime, and may be a little better next season to equal out the other guys getting older.

6. slestack11

slestack11 Member

I don't know. You think Matt Barnes would have had the same playoff run Pierce had last year if he were on the Wizards? I don't know if Barnes could call game the way Pierce did.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah but pierce can't defend as well as barnes too

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So it would appear. Kind of bizarre, in a way. We'll see how it works out for them. I have nothing negative to say about Prigs, since we moved him. Part of the business. Might have been nice having him a decade ago. Watching a pure point guard for a change was fun. I'm hoping to get that and more from Ty, if he can keep his act together.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Come on!!! I thought Prigs was gonna retire?

10. hakeemthagreat

Its clear somebody took that game 6 very personal. I now hate the LAC more than the Mavericks

11. AusFan

AusFan Contributing Member

Now they're going to kill them from the inside - all part of Morey's master plan.

12. malakas

malakas Member

uhm yeah. Because he had said he would himself?

Clippers sign all the players that killed them in the playoffs.:rolleyes:

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Good for Prigs. Like the dude and glad he found another year of paychecks.

14. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Solid pickup, he played well in Houston, thought he would have done better if he had camp with us. No idea why he didnt want to shoot though, he had a good 3FG% prior to joining us.

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Good for Pringles. Got another year of NBA money.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This actually could be even worse than last year.

PG: Rivers/Pablo, a guy whose getting a job because of his dad and a guy should be retired already.
    SG: Crawford/Lance, a chucker and a cancer, both have basketball IQ close to zero
    SF: Lance/Wes, another lottery bust which gave up by the Lakers
    PF: Josh Smith, a former cancer whose had a nice year in a team that he fit but left to chase a ring because his IQ is highly questionable
    C: Aldrich - NOT A NBA PLAYER.

1 person likes this.
  17. hvic

hvic Member

lol. This breakdown is spot on.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i dont know either. but pierce/ginobli/duncan's time is up. i think they may all fall off hard this year. with their play and/or injuries.

and you are right pierce played very well in the playoffs from highlights i saw.

19. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Lol... I can't believe I am finding out about this just now.

20. Handles

Handles Member

I agree, except for Duncan. I sound like a spurs fan when I say that I respect the hell out of Duncan. His minutes will be limited, but I don't doubt that he'll be effective and a net positive while on the floor.

Pierce and Pablo are just too old and slow. I dont think they will do much for the clippers. Pierce may hit a big shot or two, but all in all, he won't move the needle for them by his self.